Experts en Séries
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.

Site internet dédié aux séries !

AccueilAccueil  PortailPortail  RechercherRechercher  S'enregistrerS'enregistrer  ConnexionConnexion  
-20%
Le deal à ne pas rater :
(Adhérents Fnac) Enceinte Bluetooth Marshall Stanmore II Noir
199.99 € 249.99 €
Voir le deal

Interviews

+11
Nat
ash
Idu
millou
elocia
scofield02
popohoff
Justine
perlnoir
ssidle
Lindsay
15 participants
Aller à la page : 1, 2  Suivant
AuteurMessage
Lindsay
Admin
Lindsay

Séries suivies : TVD, TWD, SVU, NCIS LA
Perso(s) Préféré(s) : Damon (TVD), Deeks, Kensi (NCIS LA), Danny, Mac, Lindsay (csi ny), Daryl, Rick (TWD), Barba, Olivia (SVU)

Interviews Empty
MessageSujet: Interviews   Interviews EmptySam 27 Oct - 15:14

Voici une interview toute récente de Hill !!!!

Source : CSI Files.

Par contre, je suis désolée mais je n'ai pas le temps de traduire pour l'instant et je ne suis pas très douée non plus. Si quelqu'un en a envie, qu'il n'hésite pas à le faire Wink

By Kristine Huntley
Posted at October 26, 2007 - 6:35 PM GMT

Hill Harper is a man who knows how to keep busy. In addition to his work on CSI: New York as the innovative, intelligent Dr. Sheldon Hawkes, Harper is the author of a motivational book, Letters to a Young Brother and regularly accepts speaking engagements around the country. While hard at work on CSI: New York's fourth season, Harper took some time out of his busy schedule to talk with CSI Files' Kristine Huntley about his character's recent brush with danger, his thoughts on the significant episodes for Hawkes from last season and his new endeavors outside the hit show.

CSI Files: How's the new season going?

Hill Harper: The season is going really well. It's just building off last year's momentum. I think everybody agrees that last year was a great year and particularly we had a fantastic season finale episode ("Snow Day"). I think we've been building and building off of that. The writers are in great form, clearly they have great chemistry--Pam Veasey, Peter Lenkov, Anthony Zuiker--everyone is really amazing. It couldn't be better. And I think that same chemistry mimics itself in the acting. All of us are real comfortable with each other, we enjoy each other's company, it's a great set, a great environment, and the crew is great. So I think what you end up seeing on camera is really a reflection of what's going on behind the scenes. On show sets with a lot of turmoil and drama, you see the lack of chemistry on screen. But in the case of our show, there's very little turmoil or drama amongst anyone, and I think the end result is what you see week in and week out on our show.

One thing I'm really proud of is [something] you see all the time in print, that folks are always comparing different procedural shows and CSIs, and one thing I'm really proud about our show is, almost 100% of the time when folks talk about our show versus the other CSIs, they always say it's the best acted of all of them.

CSI Files: It was most recently brought up in US Weekly (October 22nd, 2007). That's definitely a huge compliment.

Harper: We've known that all along. Not to compare ourselves to anyone, but I know that we have great actors on our show, and that we have great chemistry.

CSI Files: This Wednesday's episode "Down the Rabbit Hole" got a lot of press. What's Hawkes' take on Second Life?

Harper: One thing I'm proud about CSI: New York is that we always introduce cutting edge things and people and ideas, and sort of suggesting where the future is going. And that's where it's going, whether folks like it or not, the future is going into Second Life. Twenty or thirty years from now, I think folks will look back and think, 'What was life like before you had your second life, and your third life and your fourth life?' and all these different things. Because that's where entertainment is going--we're becoming a more high tech/lower tech society. Through the technology, creative people are trying to find ways to make it more tactile in a way, and it may sound strange to say that, but I'm proud that we're one of the first shows to introduce that.

CSI Files: Will Hawkes ever get to play in Second Life?

Harper: No, no, no. I think they probably thought that as brilliant as Hawkes' mind is, if he got into Second Life, he may never come back!

CSI Files: Hawkes had a little trouble at the beginning of the season when he went diving in "The Deep". What was it like to film that?

Harper: That was so much fun. I got trained in diving a few seasons ago. There was a Central Park murder and a body was found in one of the ponds in Central Park, and so I got trained to be able to shoot that scene so it's nice to be able to use that training to do [the scene in "The Deep"]. Although this was much more challenging because it was much, much deeper, and to take off the mask very deep under water and to switch to another person's regulator--I switched to Danny's (Carmine Giovinazzo) regulator--was a challenging thing. You learn it in your scuba diving certification program, but to have to do it over and over and over again like that was challenging. It was fun, though. It wasn't scary or anything because there's so much support there for you. But it was definitely challenging and it was nice to be diving deeper where there's more pressure, it was great fun. It reminded me of how much I enjoy scuba diving, and also it reminded me that it's great to have a job where you can learn new skills.

CSI Files: Have you ever used those diving skills outside of the show?

Harper: I haven't! You know what's weird, I don't have a whole lot of vacation time. I would like to do that, I think it sounds really good in theory. I hope on my next vacation--hopefully sometime soon--I go to a warm weather place. Most of my vacations are centered around cold weather climates! Hiatus gets pretty busy: having a book out and I have another book coming out, and then I shot a film during hiatus. You have such a short time window of ten to twelve weeks off to [get in other projects]. Relaxation time for me is usually during the holidays.

CSI Files: Hawkes and Danny have grown closer during the past few seasons, despite their different temperaments. What's your take on their friendship?

Harper: I love the friendship. I think early on I didn't know if they wanted to make it more of a competitive or rivalry kind of thing, but what I love about it is they're two very different people that are both very passionate, very committed to what they do, wanting to get the same results, but [they have] two very different perspectives. To see where the commonality they have and they share is great. I love that. I love the friendship with Flack (Eddie Cahill) as well. Some of the most enjoyable acting moments, some of the most interesting and best for me on this show are really fun little idiosyncratic moments with Danny and really fun, little indiosyncratic moments with Flack. Working with those two guys [is fun]; we're friends, so it's nice to do that work.

CSI Files: With Flack, there have been some really humorous scenes where they've snarked at each other--those two are about as different as they can get. Do you enjoy that friendly rivalry with Flack?

Hawkes (là je crois qu'il y a une erreur lol! ): The little repartee with them is a lot of fun. We've had the opportunity to do that and I love it. Flack teased him with the magic and Houdini [in "Sleight Out of Hand"] and this season it was about time travel [in "Time's Up"] and stuff like that. A lot of wonderful moments. Those are great.

CSI Files: Peter Lenkov mentioned in an interview with this site that he went out of his way to make sure Hawkes was an action hero in "Snow Day." Were you surprised to see Hawkes in action like that?

Harper: I loved that. I'm sure Carmine and Eddie would take exception to what I'm about to say, but I think I'm the most athletic person on the cast in real life. That's my personal opinion. I'm the only one that played college football. I bet Carmine and Eddie would take exception to this: Eddie plays a lot of hockey, Carmine plays a lot of baseball, but I think sport for sport I come out on top. I couldn't beat Eddie in hockey, but I could probably kill him in basketball, kill him in football--two out of three. I couldn't beat Carmine at baseball, but I think I could beat him at basketball, football. I think no matter what I could win two out of the three major sports. So that's a good thing. So to show that side of me within that character I think is wonderful.

You've got to remember: just because you're smart and intelligent doesn't mean you can't be athletic. That's what Peter brought out. Peter Lenkov is a really smart guy and he's in great shape. So I think the message is that you can be cool and smart and interesting and also athletic. They're not all mutually exclusive. Just because you're a scientist doesn't mean you're physically a nerd. So I love that. Peter said one of his favorite scenes, if not his favorite scene, in CSI: New York is the scene where they have me running up the ramp [in "Snow Day"]. [The shot is] on my back and I'm running away from the camera and up the ramp after I break out of the parking area and go around to the front of the building. I love that scene; that's a very cinematic movie type of shot, a very cinematic, movie type of scene that you don't normally see in television.

Dernière édition par le Sam 27 Oct - 15:18, édité 1 fois
Revenir en haut Aller en bas
Lindsay
Admin
Lindsay

Perso(s) Préféré(s) : Damon (TVD), Deeks, Kensi (NCIS LA), Danny, Mac, Lindsay (csi ny), Daryl, Rick (TWD), Barba, Olivia (SVU)

Interviews Empty
MessageSujet: Re: Interviews   Interviews EmptySam 27 Oct - 15:14

CSI Files: Last season in "Raising Shane", Hawkes found himself on the wrong side of the bars when Shane Casey framed him for murder. How did you feel about that storyline?

Harper: I loved that storyline. That storyline was great because it allowed me to play something completely different within the context of the show. I was so happy to get that. I'm happy they did that as a sweeps episode, an episode they really wanted to garner attention for, and I was very proud that two out of the four sweeps episode in that early (November 2006) sweeps period really had intensive Hawkes storylines. That shows a lot of confidence from the writers in me and my character, but also from the audience and their enjoyment of and desire to see my character.

CSI Files: What did you think of the reasons for Hawkes leaving his career as a surgeon, which came to light in "And Here's to You, Mrs. Azrael"?

Harper: I think they played it out really well. Whenever you get the chance to go into the back story of a character on a procedural drama, it's rare. I think they played it out really well, to see how someone who really wants to experience success, if they run into failure or problems, they may retreat. I think we've all experienced that. But he still wanted to help and serve, to move to a place where it wouldn't hurt to help and serve, and then making the transition out of the morgue into the lab and into the field, was just another revelation of how he wanted to serve even more. In the morgue, I'm not going to hurt anybody--they're already dead--but now I can help give the people who are going to solve this case the information that they need and then he says, "You know what, I'm smart enough, I'm good enough, I can actually solve cases." So [he started] solving cases, finding the murderer, and I think that he's gone full circle. That's just amazing. Rather than being an intermediary, he is the person solving the crime and actively helping people that have had harm done to them, which is exactly what he was doing as a surgeon. He's doing the exact same thing now in the lab as he was doing as a surgeon.

CSI Files: Hawkes has had some funny scenes with Sid, the current ME played by Robert Joy. Do you enjoy those interactions?

Hawkes (encore) : I love that! Robert Joy is such a wonderful person first of all, and secondly a great actor, and third, it's wonderful to have that relationship because these people are both colleagues and they know each other very well and adds all sorts of subtext and comfort to the relationship. From that, also the knowledge stuff, so Bob can play things and I can play things in a way that whatever he tells me, I understand. So we shot a scene that hasn't aired yet where he says a word to me, and then he turns to Danny to define the word and then he turns back to me. It adds this level you otherwise wouldn't have. And also Hawkes can get in there and help out at certain times. [In "Time's Up"], Bob says [to Hawkes], "Hey, do you want to help me find out what's inside this guy's brain?" It's the best of both worlds: he still gets to play in the arena every once in a while, but he's also out solving crime.

CSI Files: What episode are you guys working on now?

Harper: We're on episode number eleven.

CSI Files: Anything interesting coming up for Hawkes?

Harper: There's a lot of interesting stuff coming up! I'll probably always say this: I [would like to see] more Hawkes all the time. I've said it before: [the show] should focus on diversity, so I believe Hawkes should be on the screen much, much, much more. I also think the show is better when Hawkes is around. I believe in Hawkes, I believe in myself and there's great stuff for Hawkes and there'll be more to come. The writers are doing a great job. My heart goes out to the writers on a show like this--there are so many people giving them notes. It's such a fine balance--I don't know how they do it and still have a great show. The network execs are giving notes, Bruckheimer's giving notes, so how they're able, given all the notes they're given and all the different hoops they're required to jump through every episode, to create great programming is amazing. The real stars of this show are the writers.

CSI Files: Is the network very involved with the show?

Harper: Absolutely. Obviously, I'm not in the writers' room, but they send drafts to the network, the network approves them and they get notes back. The network's involved, Bruckheimer's involved, and then you have actors on the show that want to have some say in what goes down. So there's a lot of people that you're trying to as a writer find something for and still have your vision on the page. That's a tough, tough, tough challenge. Writers on our show could probably be elected to political office, because they're able to satisfy a lot of different interests, and that's what politicians do. So, Pam Veasey for President!

CSI Files: But only after Barack Obama, right? Speaking of that, you've been involved in Obama's campaign for President. Is this the first time you've participated in a presidential campaign?

Harper: This is the first time I've really gotten politically involved [in a campaign]. I've always been political, I think registering to vote and participating is really important--it's vital. And I'll say this: I don't tell anybody who to vote for. I believe we should all exercise our right to vote. All I can do is inform individuals about who I'm supporting and why and encourage people to learn more. And hopefully I think that once you learn more about Barack Obama, you realize he would be the best person to lead this nation. History shows that he's able to bring Democrats and Republicans together on so many issues, his approval rating among Republicans is really high, and he [makes decisions] not based on party lines but on what's right. I think he's by far the best person we have to lead this country.

CSI Files: You mentioned earlier that you're working on a new book?

Harper: I'm working on a new motivational book and this time it's geared towards young women. I got so many e-mails and letters from young women [after the publication of my first book Letters to a Young Brother] saying, "What about us? Is there a book for us?" And there's some different ideas that were in the first book that I wasn't able to flesh out as much as I wanted to. In this book, I'm really just fleshing out some ideas more deeply, and it's a motivational book for young women. It's called Letters to a Young Sister: DeFINe Your Destiny. I'm so excited that I have so many contributors; I'm really going after a lot more contributors this time, having females answer the questions from young women. So it's just been a really exciting process--doing the research and getting the book written has really been exciting. It's going to come out June 2008.

CSI Files: What's it like writing for young women as opposed to young men?

Harper: It's much more of a challenge for me for obvious reasons, but what I loved about it is that it gave me the opportunity to speak in the area of, what kind of advice would I give a young woman from a man's perspective, particularly from the area of young men and boys and knowing how we as men think. And then for things that are outside of my area, I'd go out to contributors. So it's not like I'm trying to tell a young woman how she should be a woman. I can't speak to those things. But a lot of the things I talk about in the first book are very universal things--success, happiness, those aren't gender specific. Achievement--that's not gender specific. So I really focus on those areas that are much less gender specific and then the things that are more gender specific, I let contributors and the people I call surrogate sisters [address]. I have so many surrogate sisters who I respect and love, and they're helping me and contributing to this book that this makes for a wonderful collaboration. It's not just me; it's a great collaboration.

CSI Files: Are you still out there promoting the first book?

Harper: I'm so proud of the first book because what's happened now is that the word of mouth has taken over. The publisher called me and was so excited that they shipped 7,000 books in September. I'm not out there on the road promoting it [anymore]. I'm still doing a lot of speeches and talks with school groups and things like that. But it's just been a great, great success, particularly with the context that originally many of the publishing companies said there was no market for a book geared towards young men because in their minds, young men don't read. So I'm so proud that it's one of the top non-fiction motivation books put out in the past two years. It's just been a wonderful success, and that really just speaks to the word of mouth behind it. Now that it's out in paperback, it's getting gifted more and more because it's less expensive. I'm just really happy about that and proud of that.

CSI Files: Getting back to CSI: NY, there's an interesting discussion on TalkCSI right now that sort of ties back into your book. A poster named Partly observed that Hawkes clashed with his mentor at the hospital in "And Here's to You, Mrs. Azrael" and also with Mac in "Murder Sings the Blues" and wondered how Hawkes, who is so smart and skilled and often surpasses his mentors, feels about authority figures?

Harper: I think conflict is good number one because it adds to drama. There is sense that we're in a new world today, and if you're smarter than somebody else, even if they're your elder, they should defer to you. Bill Gates built one of the most successful companies in the history of the world at a relatively young age. Do you have to wait until you're Sumner Redstone's age before you're a business expert or a medical expert or an expert in forensics? So I think a little bit of conflict is a good thing, and I also think that if Hawkes flexes his muscles in areas where he knows he's right or is more intelligent or is further ahead other individuals, it's not a bad thing. I think it's good; let the smartest people win.

CSI Files: What's your take on the latest story arc that CSI: NY is delving into, the 333 caller harassing Mac?

Harper: It's great. I think Gary Sinise is often at his best when his back is up against the wall. It's nice to have characters that are challenging and going after him a little bit. I think it's great for the show and it's great for Gary. Gary is one of America's greatest actors so when you have one of the greatest actors at your disposal, you want to give them things where they can act. It's like keeping Michael Jordan on the bench [if you don't]. You want to let them act, you want to have Michael Jordan actually play and shoot ball. So it's great. You're going to see that there are some wonderful moments that are on their way for that storyline
ssidle
"Where amazing happens"
ssidle

Perso(s) Préféré(s) : Gibbs, Ziva, Jane, Griss, Sara ...

Interviews Empty
MessageSujet: Re: Interviews   Interviews EmptySam 27 Oct - 21:40

Merci beaucoup Lindsay!!!! cheers cheers cheers
http://fanarttitude-mania.forumpro.fr/forum.htm
perlnoir
Looping accessoirement Admin.
perlnoir

Perso(s) Préféré(s) : Danny. Mac. et Jo

Interviews Empty
MessageSujet: Re: Interviews   Interviews EmptySam 9 Fév - 6:58

Friday, February 8, 2008
CSI:NY Star Sets Out to "Make a Change"
by Rhoda Charles

CSI: NY star Hill Harper, 41, is passionate about education. This multitasking actor is also an author and motivational speaker whose message to young people is clear: education equals success. Harper, who holds both a master of public administration and a law degree from Harvard, ought to know. In Lessons from Little Rock: A National Report Card, airing Feb. 10 at 10 pm/ET on TV One, Harper, who produced and hosts the special, revisits the issue of educational opportunity in America 50 years after the Little Rock Nine integrated Arkansas’ Central High School. TVGuide.com spoke with Harper to see just how far America has come.
TVGuide.com: Tell me a little about what you learned and what you were surprised to discover while making this program.
Hill Harper: I wanted to see where we were 50 years later, because part of the whole idea of desegregation of schools was to improve the quality of education for African-Americans. There was one thing that surprised me: tracking. Even within a school such as Central High, which now is predominantly African-American, the AP classes are predominantly still Caucasian. So I actually got hit with a double whammy. Not only are we finding that graduation rates and literacy rates are tumbling, but even within the school there are problems with the education of African-American students. It’s a little disheartening in certain aspects.

TVGuide.com: One of the most compelling elements of the special was the reflections by the members of the Little Rock Nine and their perspective on education in America today. Did you come away from this project feeling hopeful or discouraged?
Harper: I feel extremely hopeful because I feel like we’ve gotten to a point where we have to make a change. We have to make a difference right now.

TVGuide.com: You were classmates at Harvard with Barack Obama and you are a strong supporter of his presidential campaign. In light of this special, were Obama to win the White House, what would you most like to see him do for young people?
Harper: Obviously, this whole "no child left behind" idea is more rhetoric than actual practice. [Barack] was born into relatively meager wealth but he utilized education to excel and to go to greater and greater levels of success in this country. Education works. It works. It’s just a positive investment and I know Barack knows that. He talks about it all the time. I want to get away from the rhetoric and get to what actually works: spending money on education; finding the best and the brightest teachers; making it more competitive to become a teacher; compensating the teachers more. Those are things that are absolutely necessary, and I know that Senator Obama’s onboard with that.

TVGuide.com: You are a large proponent of mentoring, especially in the African-American community. Who were your role models and mentors?
Harper: Wow, so many. My parents both are physicians and my grandfathers were both physicians. My grandfather had a pharmacy, and all through segregation and Jim Crow he would serve the African-American community [by giving] out prescription medicine to people who couldn’t afford it. That made an imprint on me with the idea that all of us, no matter who we are, should serve our community in some way and give back. Since I’m in the entertainment business I think I have to hold a mirror up to myself and say, "Am I complicit in miseducating and misinforming our youth by participating in this business, or can I use this business to re-educate and uplift?" So that’s what I’m trying to do.

TVGuide.com: You were motivated to write your best-selling book, Letters to a Young Brother: MANifest Your Destiny, by the numerous e-mails you received from young men who were looking to you for advice. You have a follow-up book due out in June geared to young women.
Harper: Yes, June 3. I’m really excited about it. It’s called Letters to a Young Sister: Define Your Destiny.

TVGuide.com: How does the message change for this audience? What specific challenges for young black women did you want to address?
Harper: Mentorship is about helping navigate the journey. I believe that mentorship on paper works, too. For young women it was a different challenge. It’s me, almost like an older brother, saying, "What insight can I give them into the way that men think to help them navigate their choices vis-à-vis men?" I also bring in my "surrogate sisters" — women who I think can also give advice vis-à-vis being a woman. It’s a different book in the sense that it mixes more male and female voices throughout.

TVGuide.com: Let’s change course for a moment. You’ve been quoted as saying that the writers are the real stars of CSI:NY. What’s your take on the current writers' strike?
Harper: I hope it ends soon for everybody’s sake. It’s not good for anybody, but I will say this: Without writers none of the entertainment would exist. It starts with writers. Writers are the most important piece of the entire puzzle. They need to be respected by the studios for what they deliver, and that’s why I support the writers wholeheartedly. In this world where new media exists, they deserve to be compensated if their work is going to play on the Web. That’s all there is to it. So I completely support the writers and their strike.

TVGuide.com: You are probably best known for your role as Sheldon Hawkes on CSI:NY but you can also be called an author, activist and mentor. What do you most want people to think of when they hear your name?
Harper: Somebody who cares. I would just like people to know that I care and I’m there for them and I’m attempting to enjoy the journey by lifting other people up along the way.

Check out clips of Hill Harper in our Online Video Guide.

Source: TVguide
https://csi-ny.forumpro.fr
ssidle
"Where amazing happens"
ssidle

Perso(s) Préféré(s) : Gibbs, Ziva, Jane, Griss, Sara ...

Interviews Empty
MessageSujet: Re: Interviews   Interviews EmptyMar 12 Fév - 20:36

Merci bcp Perl biz

Ah Hill angel :ko:
http://fanarttitude-mania.forumpro.fr/forum.htm
Lindsay
Admin
Lindsay

Interviews Empty
MessageSujet: Re: Interviews   Interviews EmptyVen 6 Juin - 20:42

Hill publie son deuxième bouquin !!!! pompom pompom bravo bravo bravo

Et puis, il nous parle aussi très succintement de la saison 5, dont les 5 premiers épisodes seront tournés avant la pause d'été. (ils viennent de commencer à tourner le 4ème épisode) Je crois avoir compris qu'ils ne feront que 2 mois de pause cette année, à cause de la grève.

Tout petit minuscule spoiler :

Spoiler:

Et une prédiction de Hill lol! (il dit qu'il n'a rien lu à ce sujet mais que ses intuitions sont souvent justes lol! )

Spoiler:

Source CSI Files

By Kristine Huntley

June is a busy month for Hill Harper. This past Tuesday, June 3rd, saw the release of his second book, Letters to a Young Sister, which follows up his 2006 bestseller, Letters to a Young Brother. Harper is about to kick off a book tour that will take him across the country, but first he's finishing filming the first four episodes of CSI: New York's fifth season. Harper took time out of his busy schedule to discuss the release of his book and what's in store for his character, Dr. Sheldon Hawkes with CSI Files' Kristine Huntley.

CSI Files: Your second book, Letters to a Young Sister: DeFINE Your Destiny is out this week! Congratulations!

Hill Harper: It's a huge [week] for me. I couldn't be more excited. I couldn't be more proud of the book itself. I'm really happy and excited about it. There are two pictures of me on the set of CSI: New York, so that's kind of cool. This time there's a picture of myself, Gary [Sinise, Mac Taylor], Carmine [Giovinazzo, Danny Messer] and [Executive Producer] Pam Veasey and then there's just a picture of me.

CSI Files: How was the experience of writing this book different from writing your first book, Letters to a Young Brother?

Harper: Since it's for young women, I spent more time doing research and interviewing young women as well as [going] out to a lot of surrogate sisters. I have a lot more contributors [in this book]. Women I respect are contributing like Alfre Woodard, Angela Bassett, Michelle Obama, Ruby Dee, Gabrielle Union wrote the forward, Sanaa Lathan, Nikki Giovanni--just an amazing group of women contributed to the book. It's why I love the book so much, because of the diversity and the intelligence of the women that contributed. It's not just me and what I say, it's what they say as well.

CSI Files: What do you see as the biggest challenges facing young women today?

Harper: The biggest challenge that came up [when writing the book] that I noticed when dealing with young women was self-esteem and self-worth, a lot of issues surrounding body image and their view of themselves. The reason why the subtitle of the book is "DeFINE Your Destiny" is you want to recapture that self-esteem. I capitalized the FINE of "Define" [because] I want young women to look in the mirror and say that they're fine. I want them to define fine by saying, "I'm fantastic, I'm interesting, I'm necessary and I'm exceptional." That's what the "fine" of "define" is. It's really helping restore their own self-esteem and self-worth because once you do that, you can talk about future-based things like financial literacy, HIV/AIDS protection, pregnancy protection--all these things that involve thinking about you as a future being. So you really have to talk about self-esteem and self-worth [first].

CSI Files: I know with the first book you faced the--as it turns out, erroneous--preconception that young men don't read. Were there any similar challenges with this book?

Harper: No, not with getting it published because the success of the first book was so great that that was not an issue. But the issue for me is that I want this book to make The New York Times bestseller list like the last one because it's so important to send the message again to the publishers that books like this--motivational books, where the heart of the book is in the right place--to show them that there's a real market for it, books for young women. That's what I want, go to Amazon.com, go to my website for my charity, my foundation, which is Manifest Your Destiny and click through it. I still want to see this book to do really well, to reaffirm there's a market. I know of three more books in pipelines, motivational books, that were done because of the success of Letters to a Young Brother. I'm very proud of that.

CSI Files: What are some of the valuable lessons in the book for young women?

Harper: I go through so many different issues, from dealing with depression to financial literacy to, again, body image to career to issues around sex and relationships and dating--a ton of different issues. There's not just one in particular. This book is 305 pages; Letters to a Young Brother was 196. So this one is much more dense and goes into a lot more complexity.

CSI Files: Did any of your contributors surprise you with their entries?

Harper: Three were really incredible. One, Nikki Giovanni. Now Nikki Giovanni is a legend, perhaps one of the greatest poets, one of the great writers of all time. It's like having Michael Jordan join you for a pick-up game. So for her to allow me to republish one of her most famous poems called "Ego Tripping," which is a poem is about affirmation, and dignity, and love of self and self-compassion that begins the book, and for her also to contribute an original writing that I end the book with really makes me feel great. And then Michelle Obama's contribution I love. She contributes to two different areas of the book, but the one on page eleven I think is fantastic, where she answers a question from a young woman about getting teased because she's smart. The way she responds to it is amazing, and it's also one of the first times I've ever seen Michelle talk about potentially being First Lady. The other is Gabrielle Union's forward, where she gets extremely personal and talks about things that she's gone through, like [being] raped, issues with having dark skin and hair issues--all the insecurities that you wouldn't necessarily ascribe to such a beautiful movie star. Those really are important.

CSI Files: Will you be touring to support the book?

Harper: Yes. You can get my tour schedule at my website, Manifest Your Destiny. [I'll be visiting] Raleigh, St. Louis, Memphis, Los Angeles, Chicago, Houston, Detroit and Atlanta. I'll be all over the place.

CSI Files: Are you filming CSI: New York in New York right now?

Harper: Yeah, we're in New York.

CSI Files: You're getting a jump start on the fifth season right now, aren't you?

Harper: Yeah, we're shooting the fifth season. We just started the fourth episode of the fifth season.

CSI Files: How does it look so far?

Harper: It's going to be great. It's going be a great season. The last episode [we worked on] had some really cool stuff. It's pretty exciting.

CSI Files: Anything especially good coming up for Hawkes?

Harper: There's always good stuff for Hawkes! They always put me in situations to do the most technical, intricate things. I get the chance to do all the technical stuff and I really enjoy it. The new room that we have that got teased a little bit with the virtual autopsy [seen in "Hostage"]--we're going to do more of that. I really like that--I think it's really cool.

CSI Files: So will we see Hawkes showing off his medical skills more in the next season?

Harper: I think it's always a combination. Hawkes certainly at the crime scene will take the lead with the body. That's his area of expertise. But Sid (Robert Joy) is the ME and will continue to be. Hawkes is not going to go back to the medical examiner's office.

CSI Files: Can you preview anything coming up for Hawkes in the fifth season?

Harper: I can say that one of the central characters has their life put in jeopardy and it affects Hawkes in a real specific way. Presumably all the time with these characters, they work a job that's precarious and their lives are always in jeopardy but in this case it really gets close. But I can't say who! It will be within the first five of the season.

CSI Files: And after you shoot those first episodes, you'll go on hiatus?

Harper: Yes. We'll be off about two months, which is a month shorter than usual, because of the [WGA] strike. We're obviously hoping that there is no SAG strike.

CSI Files: What are your thoughts on that? Do you think there will be a SAG strike?

Harper: I don't think there will be. I just don't think it makes sense. You can't have major work stoppages by two different unions in the same calendar year. It wouldn't make sense. I don't think it could happen.

CSI Files: What did you think of the fourth season of CSI: NY as a whole?

Harper: I thought the fourth season was good given all the obstructions and hurdles. You're talking about being interrupted in the middle by a protracted strike, a set of episodes that were shot without any writers on the set--so given all that, I think the show has found a rhythm, it held up pretty well, and the scenes held together pretty well.

CSI Files: Hawkes seems to have found a nerdy buddy in Adam (A.J. Buckley). Do you enjoy their interactions?

Harper: I agree! I like their interactions. I also like A.J. So that's fun.

CSI Files: Hawkes picked up Danny's nickname for Lindsay (Anna Belknap) in "Personal Foul". Is there anything behind that?

Harper: I think was just for some fun, and just a little bit of a memory to remind her. It was a nice little moment of connection, how you have a have a nickname that's a term of affection. So I think that's what it is.

Coming up, there's a good chance you'll see Hawkes have a love interest!

CSI Files: Really?

Harper: And I have no evidence to that. I'm just making that general prediction without any evidence. I've never heard that it's going to happen, and I haven't even seen a script that reflects that. But I think it's going to happen! I'm usually pretty good with my predictions.
perlnoir
perlnoir

Interviews Empty
MessageSujet: Re: Interviews   Interviews EmptyLun 27 Oct - 13:27

Harper: I Look Up To Him

CSI: New York's Hill Harper (Dr Sheldon Hawkes) gets involved.

Harper has known presidential hopeful Barack Obama since they attended Harvard together 20 years ago. Harper said he has admired Obama since they first met. "He had a sense of gravitas and judgment," Harper explained to TODAY. "I looked up him then and I look up to him now. He gets it right. He's extremely intelligent, extremely pragmatic. That's the kind of leadership we need now. Everything that was great about him at Harvard Law School is still great about him now. Anyone who meets him understands how wonderful a leader he is."

Obama has changed over the years, but Harper said these changes were positive. "He's become more intelligent, more committed to helping people on a larger and larger scale," Harper said. "But he's still the same person. He called me on my birthday right when he was about to speak to 65,000 people, before the Oregon primary. He's a good, genuine person, a good father and husband. What people often don't see is that he has a great sense of humor, a great smile, a great laugh."

"It's important for someone like me — who's known Obama for 20 years — to speak the truth," Harper continued. "I know him to be a Christian man. I know him to be one of the greatest patriots. Only in this country could he do what he's doing. What makes this country the greatest county in all the world is that it is a participatory democracy. But voter turnout rates have been low — the participatory democracy only works when people participate."

Celebrity endorsements, Harper said, do have an effect on potential voters. "People listen for cues — when they are searching for a decision, they look to people they know," he explained. "Young people can be apathetic in certain ways unless they hear from someone they like and admire about why they should be engaged and involved. If someone you love is doing a rally or concert, you may be engaged to register." Harper added, "But I would like for them to be educated on the policies so they don't look uninformed."

Harper's involvement in this campaign is due to a combination of his celebrity status and his personal relationship with Obama. "The celebrity gives me the platform: 15 million people watch CSI every week," he explained. "Once I have the ears, I can talk about this man who I've known for 20 years — that gives me the legitimacy and insight and the ability to speak authentically about how great he will be."

When asked what the outcome of this election will be, Harper said honestly, "I have no idea. I just know I have to keep doing the work. The election is not going to be about ads, debates, poll numbers — but convincing people to vote. We need a high voter turnout. This is the most important election of our lifetimes, because our country is truly at a crossroads. We are suffering in many ways, and Washington is part of the cause. We need a change in Washington. Obama/[Joe] Biden represents that change, and I hope the country recognizes that."

The original interview is from MSNBC. Thanks to goddess_loki on LiveJournal for the heads up.

Source: Talk!
perlnoir
perlnoir

Interviews Empty
MessageSujet: Re: Interviews   Interviews EmptySam 10 Jan - 11:26

Traveling with the Stars: 'CSI: NY's' Hill Harper

Hill Harper, who plays Dr. Sheldon Hawkes on CSI: NY, heads to Washington, D.C., for the Jan. 20 inauguration of President-Elect Barack Obama. The two were classmates at Harvard Law School and Harper served on Obama's National Finance Committee. He shares his travel highlights and tips with Kelly Carter for USA TODAY.

Q: Where have you been recently that you liked or were surprised by?

A: This past year I've been all over the country for the Obama campaign. I was in Virginia (on Nov. 2) about to speak at a rally in Charles City, and on my way there stopped and visited one of the plantations. I had a really amazing, kind of cathartic experience as far as the resonance of campaigning for the first African-American president, connected to the fact that the plantation where we happened to stop was John Tyler's, who was the 10th president of the United States. It's almost like you could feel the ancestors, the slaves who had worked so very hard on that plantation for hundreds of years and created wealth for so many individuals who went on to these positions of powers. To be in a position of campaigning for (an African-American) candidate, it was a pretty incredible thing.

Q: What's the best place you've ever visited and why?

A: The most impactful place that I've been to where I was just completely awestruck, happy, moved is Victoria Falls between Zambia and Zimbabwe. It is probably the most beautiful and romantic place in the world. I wasn't there with anyone significant but I would absolutely go back with my future wife. I was just blown away by the sheer majesty and awesome strength of these falls and what they represent. And then I went white-water rafting below it down the Zambezi and had a wonderful experience. I love being athletic and doing things that are active, even when I'm traveling.

FIND MORE STORIES IN: United States | Washington | Barack Obama | Virginia | Mexico | New Year | Hawaii | Dominican Republic | Bahamas | Zimbabwe | Bermuda | Harvard Law School | Barbados | Zambia | Mombasa | Sardinia | Charles City | Hill Harper | Victoria Falls | John Tyler | Zambezi | Dr. Sheldon Hawkes
Q: What's the most surprising/unexpected place you're ever visited and why?

A: The John Tyler plantation. I was not thinking about plantations at all. I was thinking about the election that was happening in the next couple of days and what were we going to do to make sure that folks in Virginia really turned out and voted. That was really surprising.

A: What's your favorite vacation spot and why?

Q: My favorite vacation spot is a beautiful beach. I've been to many, many beaches on many continents: Mombasa, the Dominican Republic, the Bahamas, Bermuda, Barbados, Mexico and the U.S. What's beautiful about beach communities is for whatever reason, they feel like vacation to me. I tend to repeat them but there are so many new beaches to explore. On my list is Hawaii and Sardinia.

Q: Can you offer an insider vacation tip or recommendation?

A: What you really need to do as soon as you get on the ground, start talking to people who are from the area but aren't necessarily in the hospitality business. That's the key. I've found I get the best recommendations from them because they've seen things from a completely different point of view. That's how I've found some of my favorite places. But it does take an element of faith because when you get recommended something and you mention it to the hospitality people at your hotel and they kind of turn their nose up, you still have to trust the person you spoke to.

I went to the Dominican Republic a few years ago for New Year's. I was staying in an area that had a lot of tourists. I had a conversation with locals and the people at the hotel gave me all these reasons not to go where they recommended. I ended up going to this beautiful, little restaurant. I can?t remember the name but it was certainly the best meal I had on my vacation and one of the loveliest meals I?ve ever had just because the people were really wonderful and the restaurant had a beautiful vibe and feeling.

Source: Arrow USA Today
Justine
"You're so brave in so many ways." ~ Stella to Lindsay [7x 01]
Justine

Perso(s) Préféré(s) : Lindsay ~ Danny ~ Don.

Interviews Empty
MessageSujet: Re: Interviews   Interviews EmptySam 10 Jan - 14:53

Merci beaucoup ! J'adore cet acteur geek
Lindsay
Admin
Lindsay

Interviews Empty
MessageSujet: Re: Interviews   Interviews EmptyVen 13 Fév - 20:12

Une interview très sympa de Hill Harper lors des "2008 American Music Awards".

popohoff

popohoff

Perso(s) Préféré(s) : Lindsay Messer, Danny Messer && Baby Messer

Interviews Empty
MessageSujet: Re: Interviews   Interviews EmptySam 7 Mar - 9:29

Merci (en retard) pour la vidéo Linds Razz
https://csi-ny.forumpro.fr/toutes-les-series-tv-f47/gossip-girl-t
perlnoir
perlnoir

Interviews Empty
MessageSujet: Re: Interviews   Interviews EmptyMer 8 Avr - 14:46

Hill Harper Interview

By Kristine Huntley
Posted at April 7, 2009 - 7:41 PM GMT

Season five of CSI: New York has delved deeper into the character of Sheldon Hawkes than any season before it, exploring both Hawkes' romantic past and his deep sense of integrity when faced with personal challenges on the job, from an old friend asking for an unethical favor to making a stand when a colleague calls in sick with the blue flu. Hill Harper shared his desire for a romance for Hawkes in the future and what he likes best about the character with CSI Files' Kristine Huntley, as well as his enthusiasm for the show and his outside projects--including a third book. Some spoilers ahead!

CSI Files: You're finishing up season five of the show! How is the rest of the season looking?

Hill Harper: Fantastic! I think that it has been one of the best seasons. It's been a joy. I think the writing has been great. The storylines have been really interesting. I've been really captivated by a lot of the episodes. I think they've been great--extremely well written. My mom calls me after every episode airs and she's really just excited. Every time she calls me, she says, "The writers are doing such a great job! All these storylines are so interesting and complex and entertaining." So that's a really nice affirmation.

CSI Files: This has been a really great season for Hawkes--it's really opened him up a lot as a character. And we even got to see some of his romantic past in "Help". Did you enjoy getting to explore that?

Harper: I thought that was great. The more love interest material they can give me, the better! I think it's great and I love it!

CSI Files: That was obviously a more serious storyline given the fact that Kara had been raped while she and Hawkes were dating. What did you draw on to bring out the more emotional side of Hawkes?

Harper: It's great because we're all actors on the show and we like to be able to play different emotional realities in different circumstances, but at the end of the day, it's a show that's a procedural. So when those opportunities come along you really relish and enjoy them as an actor because you can draw upon other things and very personal experiences. In my book Letters to a Young Sister, Gabrielle Union wrote the forward and she talked about when she was raped as a younger woman and talked about her experiences. The young women that I meet across the country at book signings and things have talked about their experiences with violence and being in relationships in different settings. All of those things affect me in the real world and in real life, and certainly to portray a character that has feelings and is in a romantic relationship with someone that had been a victim of abuse on that level was just a really wonderful challenge and something that I'm proud that I got a chance to play.

CSI Files: How do you think Hawkes coped with the dissolution of that relationship? Do you think he got over it, or do you think it's always haunted him?

Harper: Over time, in his relationships I think that subtextually is pretty clear. He never says it and I don't want to spoil anything, but there is a situation where it [is evident that it] clearly had an effect on him. Before the season is over, he mentions it again. It's definitely had a real effect on him.

CSI Files: Mac (Gary Sinise) and Hawkes clashed a bit when Mac caught Hawkes staking out the suspected rapist in the episode. Did you like how that played out? Did you think Mac was right or did you sympathize with Hawkes more?

Harper: That scene with Mac actually is one of my favorite scenes I've done on the show. It's very well written. There are a lot of givens there, a lot of layers to the scene. There's the professional element of overreaching or perhaps doing something that's not appropriate professionally and I think that both Mac and Hawkes take their professions very seriously. I think they're both very proud of the fact that they maintain a level of excellence in terms of their work. I think that's kind of born out--many of the characters come to Hawkes for their answers because he's really on top of his game when it comes to doing his work. He's very professional, and obviously Mac Taylor is the epitome of professionalism, so there's that layer. But then there's also the friendship layer--I think these two people are friends and I think that in a certain way Mac Taylor is a mentor to Hawkes. They've also developed a friendship and a collaboration, having worked together for such a long time, and a mutual respect. And so you have the layer of the professional not wanting to make a mistake professionally, to do something out of bounds, but at the same time wanting to protect a friend, but also wanting to be honest with a friend, to say, "You know what? This isn't right. It's messed up. Something's wrong here." Just being honest and being frustrated, wanting to do something but feeling hamstrung in a way. I think that scene played out really well and that really came through.

CSI Files: Were you at all bothered by the fact that we didn't get to see Hawkes' reaction after the rapist was caught?

Harper: I don't think of things that way. I really look towards the script as to what the script is. The writers write things for reasons and sometimes there's a much bigger picture involved than individual characters. I kind of just take it as this is the story. There've been very few times that I've gone, "Shouldn't this be that or this?" I think there's only been one time in the whole five seasons when maybe it was a group of us at the end of an episode, and I can't remember if Hawkes wasn't included in it or something like that--I don't remember. I very rarely think, "Oh, we should have seen this or we should have seen that."

CSI Files: Do you ever go to the writers with suggestions or feedback about the scripts?

Harper: I think everyone [has]. Our show is a real collaboration. I think we all give feedback and input in an attempt to make the show as good as it can be. There's always a dialogue and input, feedback and ideas exchanged.

CSI Files: Do you think there's any chance for Kara and Hawkes to find their way back to each other, or do you think their story is pretty much over?

Harper: I'm not sure about that, but what I really like about it is that it feels like that potentially brought some closure to that piece, so now Hawkes could move on and actually date someone new. So it feels like there's been closure, that's cleared out, now Hawkes is open to having a real fulfilling, sustained relationship with someone else. That's what I'm thinking. If it ends up being Kara, that's great, too--either way.

CSI Files: So you want some more love for Hawkes, basically?

Harper: I love playing those elements because having positive, healthy relationships portrayed on screen--I love that. Particularly I like the idea of breaking stereotypical images--seeing an African-American man who's intelligent, hardworking but also has a healthy love interest. I think all of those things are really positive, reinforcing imagery, which I really support.

CSI Files: Here's hoping season six brings a good relationship for Hawkes!

Harper: Why can't we have the people on CSI Files start a rallying call for love for Hawkes in season six? The writers seem to be responsive to what the fans demand, so if we could get some folks behind this rallying call for Hawkes to get some lovin', maybe it will happen! Everybody deserves loving and we've seen other characters settling down.

CSI Files: There has been a lot of that lately, with Danny and Lindsay getting married and expecting a child and Flack and Angell dating. What do you think of all the romance on the show?

Harper: I think they're great--the more the better. But I think it all needs to come around! It's Hawkes' turn. We need to at least have a nice scene where there's the long look into the eyes and the slow lean into the kiss because that's big!
perlnoir
perlnoir

Interviews Empty
MessageSujet: Re: Interviews   Interviews EmptyMer 8 Avr - 14:47

CSI Files: We did see the romance with Kara in flashbacks--none of it was actually in the present!

Harper: Exactly!

CSI Files: On a non-romantic front, Hawkes had a great confrontation earlier in the season in "Sex, Lies and Silicone" when a friend wanted him to tamper with evidence. The friend played on Hawkes' emotions by using the fact that his father had paid for the last year of Hawkes' medical school. Do you think Hawkes was torn at all at any point, or that it was a difficult decision?

Harper: Oh, I don't think Hawkes was torn in the least. I just think he was shocked and surprised--he didn't know that [the friend's] father had actually paid for his last year of medical school. I think that was a surprise, and I think that Hawkes doesn't want to feel like he owes anyone anything, or that they feel like they can hold something over his head.

That's the one thing I love about Dr. Sheldon Hawkes--he as a high degree of integrity. What's right is right. You'll see in some of these final episodes, there are certain things the writers are giving me to play in certain situations that really speak to this idea of Hawkes having an opinion on what is right. One thing in particular in the episode with Katherine McPhee ("Prey"), there's an idea of what Hawkes believes is right and what's wrong, and I think it's really well written, the way it kind of unfolds. The audience is going to see Hawkes has a real clear sense of and his own level of integrity in what he believes to be right and wrong. I'm really excited for that episode!

CSI FIles: We've heard there's a big death in the finale! Can you shed any light on the effect that's going to have on the team?

Harper: I don't know!

CSI Files: It's not Hawkes, is it?

Harper: I don't know! I seriously don't know. I hope it's not me! I think that there's a lot more that I have to do with Hawkes that I can do on the show, so hopefully Hawkes isn't going to get killed in season five. There's a lot more to do. We're literally just starting to scratch the surface. There are a lot of wonderful stories and a lot of wonderful interaction. I really like the relationship built over time, the friendship, between Danny (Carmine Giovinazzo) and Hawkes. I think it's a really great friendship of mutual respect--there's some ribbing and kidding there, but also a real friendship. There's a lot of good stuff that I'm looking forward to playing in the future. I don't know much about the death--it could be anybody! I'm being really honest about it--I have no idea.

CSI Files: Fans have made that point, too, about Hawkes, that there's so much left to be explored about his character! The only fear was that you planned to leave CSI: New York to go to Washington to do great things politically.

Harper: I have no plans to leave CSI: New York! I really enjoy it. So if it is me, it wasn't voluntary!

CSI Files: Getting back to Danny, Hawkes clashed with Danny when the latter stayed home with the blue flu in "The Party's Over". Hawkes came down the hardest on Danny over the issue. Why do you think that was?

Harper: I think that again speaks to Hawkes' [sense of right and wrong]. What's been made clear this season which I really like is that Hawkes will act and speak on what he believes is right and wrong. He's not just "okay, this is the letter of the law." He's like, this is right, this is wrong. He has a clear opinion and point-of-view and he's confident enough in his point-of-view that he'll articulate a position but he does it from a place of love and respect, so he's also very fair. That's what I love about him. There's some really good stuff coming up that I wish I could talk about more, involving issues of race and things and conflict around those issues that I think are really well written and really well done, and I'm glad we got a chance to really act in that area.

CSI Files: How do you think Hawkes felt about Dr. Marty Pino's fall from grace in "Point of No Return"?

Harper: I think that broke his heart. That's where Hawkes came from (the ME's office). He knew Dr. Pino--trained him, brought him in and worked with him. It broke his heart. That was a really well done episode. What I like about it is look at someone like Ashley Simpson-Wentz--she did a great job in that episode.

CSI Files: Getting away from CSI: NY for a moment, I hear you're at work on a third book! Can you tell me anything about it?

Harper: The third book is called The Conversation and it's a book about relationships and really going into relationships between men and women, and obviously my own issues, personally, around relationships. From doing a lot of speaking around the country and meeting many, many people, whether it's book tours or speeches, there's clearly a fissure in certain ways between men and women. We're in a situation right now where we see that 32% of African-American children are being raised in two parent households, and that number is just really low. What's going on? What's going on between men and women in general, what's keeping us apart and how can we come together? And then also kind of holding up the mirror to myself and saying, "I'm not married yet. Am I part of the problem?" Me, as a man. So it's really an interesting, very personal book. I'm scared and excited about it at the same time.

CSI Files: When is it going to be published?

Harper: I'm not sure, but I think it's going to come out some time in the fall.

CSI Files: When can we expect your previous book, Letters to a Young Sister out in paperback?

Harper: It comes out May 5th, so during our hiatus, I'm going to do a scaled-down, one week tour to support the paperback release. Readers out there, I may be coming to a city near you, so please come out and say hello!

CSI Files: Do you know yet what cities you'll be going to?

Harper: As of right now, the schedule has me going to Atlanta, Detroit, St. Louis, Dallas, Charlotte NC and Houston. Since the [paperback of Letters to a Young Sister and The Conversation] are coming out relatively close to each other, I wanted to choose different cities for big events for each. Obviously I didn't include New York or L.A. in this paperback release. I did those cities for the hardcover and I'll do those cities for the release of The Conversation.

CSI Files: You're obviously a very busy man, but you managed to make it to President Barack Obama's inauguration in January. What was that like?

Harper: It was wonderful. It was a wonderful culmination of so many people working so hard. The actual inauguration celebration and all the activities around it were fantastic, and so humbling. I received an award or two for some of the work I did, so really, it was a humbling honor, and something I'll never forget for the rest of my life. It truly felt great to be a part of something so positive and so historic.

CSI Files: What's it like having a friend in the White House? Do you ever get phone calls from him?

Harper: I want put all the readers at ease, no, no one is calling me asking me to give them advice about policy or anything. So no one has to worry about me giving bad advice about policy measures!

CSI Files: I don't think anyone is worried about you giving bad advice! With two degrees from Harvard, you're probably not giving bad advice.

Harper: The State Department actually sent me to Italy to do a trip in Italy to speak to young people. I was in Rome, Naples, Florence, Bologna. I met with high school students, college students and grad students all over, thousands of young people throughout Italy, speaking on this cultural exchange program [organized] by the State Department. These are the types of volunteer efforts that I think are critical for all of us to think about doing. So any of you that are out there reading, please try to find a way to volunteer whether it's something internationally or something domestic or within your own community. To have positive change happen, it takes the work of all of us. We just can't look to Washington to "solve our problems"--we really have to look at ourselves, so I really want to encourage folks to volunteer in whatever way they can and to be involved.

CSI Files: CSI: NY is just about to wrap up its fifth season. What do you think the future of the show will be?

Harper: Looking towards the future of our show, I really do believe that for the next two to three years we are really going to enter the golden age of CSI: NY. Now that the show has pretty wide distribution on cable, all these people are being introduced to the show who maybe didn't watch when we first came on because they were on procedural overload. They're seeing that this show is better than the others--not just CSI, but the other shows like it out there. The level of acting on our show is just top notch. I really do believe that you're going to see CSI: NY in the next two to three years on the top ratings-wise. That's my bold prediction!

CSI Files: It's great to see you so fired up about the show!

Harper: It's not just our show--it's all TV. I believe that across the board TV is great and it's actually better than movies. I'm going to Rome for the Roma Fiction Fest in July and one of the things I was asked in Italy [last year] was, "How come American TV is so good?" It all starts with the writers. The way writers are developed in this business is really positive. The writers’ room is a really cool environment. It's a really fair system that develops talent in a really wonderful way.

Source : Csi Files
popohoff

popohoff

Perso(s) Préféré(s) : Lindsay Messer, Danny Messer && Baby Messer

Interviews Empty
MessageSujet: Re: Interviews   Interviews EmptyVen 10 Avr - 16:13

Merci pour l'interview Perl Wink
https://csi-ny.forumpro.fr/toutes-les-series-tv-f47/gossip-girl-t
Lindsay
Admin
Lindsay

Interviews Empty
MessageSujet: Re: Interviews   Interviews EmptyJeu 16 Juil - 18:02

Une superbe interview de Hill Harper !!

Il y parle de ses souhaits pour Sheldon, de l'épisode "Yahrzeit", des relations entre les personnages, de son Twitter qu'il tiendra tout au long de la saison 6 yesssss pour nous informer de quelques petits détails sympa "behind the scenes" et légèrement de la suite de l'épisode final (vraiment très légèrement mais je le mets quand même en spoilers)

Son Twitter :

http://twitter.com/hillharper

A SUIVRE durant la saison 6 !!!!

Source : CSI FIles

By Kristine Huntley
Posted at July 15, 2009 - 3:55 PM GMT

CSI : New York's Hill Harper (Dr. Sheldon Hawkes) has some exciting news for fans: he's going to be Twittering from the set of the show, which resumes production in Los Angeles today. In an exclusive interview with CSI Files' Kristine Huntley, Harper shares all the scoop about his decision to Twitter, his hiatus and what's to come for Dr. Hawkes and the rest of the team following last season's cliffhanger.

CSI Files: So you have some cool news about something you're going to be doing for the upcoming sixth season of CSI: New York!

Hill Harper: Yes! I'm really excited. I want to invite everyone who is on CSI Files to my Twitter, @hillharper, and I'm going to tweet all season long from the set. I'm going to include when we're shooting scenes--maybe we'll talk scenes, we'll talk about the actors in them, I'll hand my Blackberry to Carmine [Giovinazzo, Danny Messer] and Eddie [Cahill, Don Flack] and Gary [Sinise, Mac Taylor] and Melina [Kanakaredes, Stella Bonasera] and Anna [Belknap, Lindsay Monroe] and have them tweet something. I really think that welcoming people in in real time is really important. I want to just do it this whole season and see how people respond and see if we can build up a big following of people talking back in real time. So it's going to be interesting to see what happens. Obviously I'll talk to the producers about what I can and cannot include as far as spoilers and this and that, but I think it's going to be really fun, so I'm excited about it.

What's interesting is maybe as I'm doing it, since it's going to happen in real time, someone's response can influence a scene, or what we do in a scene. I don't know. It will be all new territory obviously for me as well as for whoever's following, so you never know. Someone will say, "Well, what about this?" and maybe that will have an impact. So I don't know. I'm excited about exploring the new frontier and really interacting with the audience.

CSI Files: For those not familiar with Twitter, how will does it work and how will it allow you to interact with fans?

Harper: It's 140 characters, so it's shorthand. The reason I like it because unlike MySpace or Facebook or e-mails or blasts where you can go on and on and on, it's shorthand so you really have to think about what you want to convey quite quickly without wasting a whole lot of time. So I really like it in that regard. So what it is is that you can post something and if you're following me, you can see it, and then you can either Re-Tweet it, RT space, and post that out there or just reply. And I can Re-Tweet and reply and so on. So you can end up interacting with a whole lot of people. And because it's shorthand, it's able to come up on my Blackberry. So I'll be doing it from my Blackberry. I'll bring my Blackberry to set with me.

CSI Files: So you'd Tweet anything from, "Eddie just tripped over that egg carton" to "Wow, we're shooting this really powerful, beautiful scene in New York"?

Harper: Exactly! It could be any of that as well as, "Hey, I'm handing my Blackberry to Eddie--he's going to say hello." Or "What do you guys think? I'm shooting a scene with Carmine--I was thinking about drinking coffee in the scene. Should I or should I not?" I really want to do that kind of stuff. Obviously I can't do too much of that or the producers will get very upset, but I'll do some of it. It's that kind of thing where it's literally welcoming people onto the set.

CSI Files: Fans of the show definitely love the behind-the-scenes scoop!

Harper: I could say something like, "Carmine is in a bad mood today--watch out!"

CSI Files: And then he grabs your Blackberry...

Harper: [...and writes,] "Don't you Tweet about me ever again!"

CSI Files: Are you hoping the other actors will get in on the Tweeting as well?

Harper: My thing is I've always just been the type of person who leads by example and then [others] see it or realize it and they get in it because it shows them how it can be done or how easy it is. And I'm learning, too--there are things about technology that I have no idea about. And I love the idea of using new technology in entertainment. Technology and social networking--it's all changing entertainment. CSI Files as a site has had a huge impact on the CSI franchise and all the shows. What people say on the site impacts stories and impacts characters--it's real. But for the internet and a site like CSI Files, the shows would be different I believe. Therefore let's keep pushing with it, let's keep going, let's explore everything. I really am interested in it.

So I'll be Tweeting all season long and my Tweets will still be mine as well. So it won't just be from the show, but since we're going to be shooting the show from mid-July all the way through April, I think it will be exciting to explore it.

CSI Files: How was your hiatus?

Harper: It was great. I was able to go to the International Television Festival in Monte Carlo and that was fantastic. I got to meet people who are acting or producing or directing television from all over the world, and then all this international press. What was really heartening was to see that the show is watched and liked around the world.

And I [was] the president of the jury of the Roma Fiction Fest, which is a huge honor. The jury that I [was] the president of judged episodic television internationally, so TV shows, half-hours and hours from around the world.

I also shot a movie, a sci-fi film, and I'm not going to say the name because one thing I've learned in my career with sci-fi and horror movies, you want to watch them first before you tell anybody, because you never know how they're going to turn out! Sometimes they turn out amazing and sometimes they turn out corny--you just never know. So I shot a sci-fi film and I played the bad guy, the villain. I don't get to play the villain very often so I'm like maniacal villain who's out for world domination and destruction. So it was a lot of fun because I always get cast as the good guy, which is great, but it's also nice to change it up so this time I'm the bad guy!

CSI Files: What was your experience playing a villain? What did you bring to it differently than you would playing a good guy?

Harper: One thing I try to bring to every character I play whether I'm a villain or the good guy is a sense of humanity. Even if you're the bad guy, you're doing it for a reason. I remember I had an acting coach who would talk about Jeffrey Dahlmer and he would say, "Even Jeffrey Dahlmer loved things." Not every [bad guy] is just purely maniacal and nasty and horrible--they're taking the actions they're taking because they're passionate about something. So, can you find that? Can you play that? Can you bring the humanity to it? I think it makes the character a little more interesting when you do that.

CSI Files: What's the status of your third book, The Conversation?

Harper: The Conversation comes out September 8th. It's my first book for adults, specifically. So I'm really excited about it. The hope is for it to promote a lot of conversation.

CSI Files: It's about relationships, specifically romantic ones?

Harper: Yes--and from a single man's perspective.

CSI Files: And you'll be doing a book tour to support it?

Harper: I'll be traveling around the country to support that, so I'm excited to get out there.

Dernière édition par Lindsay le Jeu 16 Juil - 18:04, édité 1 fois
Lindsay
Admin
Lindsay

Interviews Empty
MessageSujet: Re: Interviews   Interviews EmptyJeu 16 Juil - 18:02

CSI Files: Are you excited about the upcoming season?

Harper: Definitely! I think this is going to be the best season yet, and I think it's going to be the best season for Dr. Hawkes for a lot of reasons, but I'm super-excited about it.

CSI Files: Have you read any of the scripts yet?

Harper: I've read scripts and I've also had meetings with the executive producer to talk about the entire season. There are some really exciting things coming up!

CSI Files: We've heard there's a new character joining the show, Kaye Sullivan. Are you worried that not everybody's walking out of that diner from the shootout in "Pay Up"?

Harper: No, I think everybody's walking out. That's just my personal feeling. I'm pretty confident about that, but I think some people get injured, let's put it that way. And I think that the new character is going to start out as a recurring. I don't think [she's] going to start out as a series regular per se, and if the audience responds and it works well, eventually [she] would become a regular.

CSI Files: Has the role been cast yet?

Harper: I know for a fact that there is an actress choice waiting to be confirmed. We should know extremely soon because she will be appearing very early in the season.

CSI Files: Why do you think the decision was made to bring in someone new?

Harper: I think it's a lot of things. You want to keep the show fresh, hot and sexy. Look, Detective Angell (Emmanuelle Vaugier) was one of the most beautiful, sexy, interesting, strong female characters on TV, period. She's awesome. So I think if you look at the show, if you lose someone that appealing, with all that sex appeal and strength, you want to make sure you have characters that come and represent that. So why not? There are so many great personalities and actresses out there, why not find someone who's great and beautiful? I think that's awesome.

CSI Files: What was your reaction when you found out it was Detective Angell who was being killed off in the finale?

Harper: I love her as a person, so this is more of a personal reaction. It was, "Wow, I'm not going to get to see her all the time?" This is Hill, personally, not Sheldon Hawkes. But it's interesting--all of us could be killed at any time. Like you said, people could not walk out of that diner. That same thing could happen in episode three, seven, ten... who knows? For many of us on the show, this is the last year of original contract. So you never know what's going to happen. And the entertainment industry is changing, and it is shifting and evolving, so you can't take anything for granted.

I am committed to and excited about CSI: New York because I just think the show has gotten better and better and better and the chemistry among the actors is incredible. And that's why I really think the next three years of CSI: New York are going to be the golden age of the show. In my opinion--and obviously there's a sibling rivalry and all sorts of things--but I think our show is going to be the best procedural on television, period, over the course of the next three years. I just think that the writers are so good and in a zone, the actors are really embodying their characters really well, and we're just going to be great! I'm excited. The writing talent we have is just incredible. Pam Veasey and Peter Lenkov are two of the best writers, not just on television, just period. They're incredible. You have someone like Peter who does big, big studio films and Pam is just an incredible showrunner. The show is just great.

CSI Files: Along with writer Barbie Kligman, Peter Lenkov wrote one of the most powerful episodes of last season, "Yahrzeit". What was your reaction to your take on the approach to racism in the episode that we saw through Hawkes and Danny's interactions?

Harper: I thought it played out great. The acting was great. There's an example of Twitter and how that can be used [to share stories about the show]. Peter decided in celebration of that episode to have a viewing party at his house. And that was the first time we'd really done that. So we all went to Peter's house and we watched it the episode. And Ed Asner watched with us and it was just such a beautiful thing. I really enjoyed it. We all watched it together, right on television--it wasn't a DVD. It was really watching it at the same time the rest of the audience was watching it. I think it was a real bonding thing as well.

The episode was extremely well acted; I thought it was extremely well written. It was very touching. I'm so proud of that show; I'm proud of that episode and I'm proud of CSI: New York taking on these issues but still providing the show. It's a tightrope you have to walk.

CSI: Files: Was that a difficult episode to film?

Harper: It was a lot of personal stuff, which I love. Hawkes doesn't often get the opportunity to be emotional and talk about his personal life. What was nice, too, was that I had a real Uncle Frank that meant a lot to me. Originally [Hawkes'] uncle wasn't named Frank, and I asked Peter if I could just change the name to my real uncle as kind of a homage to him. There's really a lot of stuff like going on in the show. I know that Gary made some change and some other people made some changes just to make it a personal thing, so that episode is really personal to a lot of people.

CSI Files: It definitely wasn't the average episode of CSI: NY.

Harper: What I also loved is that Danny and Hawkes kind of had a bonding moment in two different ways. When he comes in early on in the episode and is like, "Hey man," and I say, "My uncle passed away," he kind of comes over and supports me, gives me a hug. You don't see that kind of heterosexual male love on television that much, so I love that. Everyone's [usually] trying to be super macho.

CSI Files: Danny is definitely the emotional male character on the show--if anyone is going to give someone a hug, it's probably going to be Danny!

Harper: Yeah, I don't think Mac is going to come up and give Hawkes a hug! Maybe this season, they'll write [Hawkes] saying, "Come on Mac, just give me a hug!"

CSI Files: So there's a baby on the scene now (Danny and Lindsay's daughter Lucy). What is Hawkes going to be like as an uncle?

Harper: He's going to be great! He's going to teach the baby all about using science to solve her problems, to use the Bunsen burner to heat up her baby formula. I'm excited--Hawkes is going to get to babysit!

Spoiler:
scofield02

Perso(s) Préféré(s) : Danny Messer

Interviews Empty
MessageSujet: Re: Interviews   Interviews EmptyVen 17 Juil - 8:37

Merci pour cette interview on en apprend beaucoup!

Je suis contente qu'à priori tout le monde reste.

Spoiler:

En tout cas après cette interview ça va être encore plus difficile d'attendre! Vivement Septembre le mur

Edit Linds : Il faut mettre le mode "spoiler" quand on parle de la saison 6 en dehors du sujet de discussion où les spoils sont autorisés Wink
Justine
Justine

Interviews Empty
MessageSujet: Re: Interviews   Interviews EmptyJeu 30 Juil - 20:54

Justine la boulette arrive mdr
Ca fait plus de 10 jours que Perl et moi (surtout Perl) avions fini notre traduc' mais quand la connexion internet déconne...
Trêve de blablaterie et je tiens à remercier Perl pour m'avoir fait confiance dans la traduction et pour m'avoir aidée entre deux pauses Dora mdr

Hill Harper, le Dr. Sheldon Hawkes de la série CSI: New York a une super nouvelle pour les fans: En effet, l’acteur se connectera à son Twitter durant toute la saison de CSI-Ny, dont la reprise du tournage débutera dès aujurd’hui à Los-Angeles. Il a accordé une interview exclusicve à Kristine huntley de CSIFiles, epliquant sa décision de tenir un Twiter sur son pesonnage ainsi que sur le reste de l’équipe suite au Cliff de la saison dernière.

CSI Files: Vous avez donc des nouvelles fraîches au sujet de la prochaine saison de CSI: New York !

Hill Harper: Oui! Je suis vraiment excité. Je tiens d’ailleurs à inviter tous les membres de CSI Files à venir visiter mon Twitter@ hillharper. Je m’y rendrai de plus durant toute la saison de la série. J’inclurai dedans, des scènes de tournages, mais j’y mettrai aussi des discutions avec les autres acteurs de la serie, photos etc…! J’aimerai que tout cela se fasse en temps reel, une sorte de carnet de route de nos tournages et de nos relations entre acteurs.
Ce qui est intéressant c’est peut-être ce que je suis en train de faire, car cela va se produire en temps réel, une personne peut influencer la réponse d'une scène, ou ce que nous faisons dans une scène. Ce sera un tout nouveau territoire de toute évidence pour moi ainsi que pour celui qui le suit, donc on ne sait jamais. Quelqu'un dira: "Eh bien, ce qui à ce sujet et peut-être qui aura un impact » Donc, je ne sais pas. Je suis très heureux d'explorer la nouvelle frontière et vraiment interagir avec le public.
Il n’y a que 140 caractères, c’est court. C’est aussi la raison pour laquelle ce moyen de correspondre me plait. Contrairement à Facebook ou à Myspace, les mails ou tout autre biais de discussion, il est rapide et efficace pour communiquer et arriver à l’essentiel de ce qu’on souhaite dire.
Ainsi si vous souhaitez poster quelque chose et si vous me suivez, vous pouvez le voir. Ensuite vous pouvez citez mon post ou répondre tout simplement.
Pour ma part, je pourrai soit citer, soit répondre directement.
Vous pouvez donc discuter avec un grand nombre de personne inscrit sur le Twitter .

CSI Files : Les fans de la série sont définitivement amoureux des coulisses !

Hill Harper: Je pourrais dire quelque chose comme: «Carmine est de mauvaise humeur aujourd'hui !

CSI Files: Comment c’est passé votre pause ?

Hill Harper: J'ai pu aller au Festival International de Télévision de Monte Carlo et qui a été fantastique. J'ai pu rencontrer des personnes qui agissaient dans la production ou la direction de la télévision du monde entier, ainsi qu’avec toute la presse internationale. Cela a été vraiment encourageant de voir que la série est regardée et aimée à travers le monde.
De plus, j’ai été le président du jury de la Roma Fiction Fest, ce qui a été un grand honneur pour moi. Le jury dont j’étais le président devait juger des séries internationnales à partir d’extraits d’une demi-heure à une heure
J'ai également tourné un film de science-fiction, je ne vous dirais évidement pas le nom de ce film parce que comme vous le savez, ça porte malheur. Parfois, ils se révèlent être étonnants et parfois ils sont médiocres aux yeux du public.- Vous ne pouvez jamais savoir.
J'ai donc tourné un film de science-fiction et j'ai joué le méchantJe n'ai pas souvent joué le role d’un méchant. Je suis un maniaque qui vit pour la domination et la destruction du monde. J’ai donc prit beaucoup de plaisir à interpréter ce rôle, parce que de coutume, je suis toujours le bon gars, ce qui est excellent, mais c’est aussi très agréable de changer sa manière de jouer.

CSI Files: Qu’est-ce que ce rôle vous a apporté? Est-ce que cela va vous aidez à développer votre personange de bon gars?

Hill Harper: Une chose que j'essaie d'apporter à tous les personnages que j’ai joué, que je sois un bandit ou un bon gars, c'est Le sens de l'humanité. Même si vous êtes le méchant, vous l’êtes pour une raison Je me souviens, j'ai eu un coach qui en parlant de Jeffrey Dahlmer disait: «Même Jeffrey Dahlmer aimait les choses." les méchants sont maniaques .Après, ils prennent les mesures qu'ils prennent, parce qu'ils sont passionnés par quelque chose. Alors, que pouvez-vous trouver? Pouvez-vous jouer ça? Pouvez-vous lui apporter de l'humanité? Je pense que cela rend le personnage un peu plus intéressant quand vous le faite.

CSI Files: Quel est l’objet de votre troisième livre, la conversation?

Hill Harper: Il s'agit de mon premier livre réservé aux adultes. Donc, je suis vraiment excité à ce sujet.J’espère beaucoup le promouvoir

CSI Files : Il est principalement centré sur les relations romantiques ?

Hill Harper: Oui et avec un seul homme en perspective.
Je vais voyager à travers le pays pour le promouvoir.

CSI Files: Êtes-vous excité pour la saison 6 ?

Hill Harper: Absolument. Je pense que cela va être la meilleure saison pour le moment, et je pense que ça va être la meilleure saison pour le Dr Hawkes pour beaucoup de raisons, donc je suis super excité à son sujet.

CSI Files: Avez-vous lu l'un des scripts?

Hill Harper: J'ai lu les scripts et j'ai aussi eu des rencontres avec le producteur exécutif pour parler de l'ensemble de la saison. Il y a des choses vraiment passionnantes qui vont arrivées!

CSI Files: Nous avons entendu qu’un nouveau personnage allait rejoindre le casting, Kaye Sullivan. Ne craignez-vous pas que tout le monde ne sorte pas idemne du bar suite à la fusillade dans Pay-Up ?

Hill Harper: Non, je crois que tout le monde va s’en sortir. C'est juste mon sentiment personnel. Je suis assez confiant à ce sujet, mais je pense que certaines personnes seront blessées, il faut plutôt entrevoir cette possibilité Je pense que le nouveau personnage débutera en tant que personnage récurrent et si le public répond favorablement à son jeu, à terme elle deviendra une régulière.

CSI Files: Le casting a-t-il était confirmé ?

Hill Harper: Je sais qu'il y a une actrice en attente d'être confirmée. Nous devrions connaître très rapidement son identité, puisqu’elle apparaitra très tôt dans la saison.

CSI Files: Pourquoi pensez-vous que la décision a été prise de faire appel à un nouveau personnage?

Hill Harper: Je crois que ça globalise beaucoup de choses. Vous voulez garder la série fraiche, chaude et sexy.

CSI Files: Le Detective Angell (Emmanuelle Vaugier) a été l'un des plus beaux, sexy, intéressants personnages féminins de la télévision, à cette période. Je pense donc que si vous regardez la série, et que vous perdez un personnage attrayant, alliant sex-appeal et force, vous vous assurer que vous avez des personnages qui correspondent à ces critères pour garder cet équilibre.

Hill Harper: Alors, pourquoi pas? Il y a tant de personnalités éminentes et d'actrices dans le monde, pourquoi ne pas trouver une actrice grande et belle? Je trouve cela génial pour ma part.
CSI Files : Quelle était votre réaction quand vous avez découvert que c’était le Détective Angell qui était tuée dans le final ?

Hill Harper : Je l’aime en tant que personne, donc c’est plus une réaction personnelle. C’était, « Wow, je ne vais pas la voir tout le temps ? » C’est Hill, personnellement, pas Sheldon Hawkes. Mais c’est intéressant – tout ceux d’entre nous aurait pu être tué à n’importe quel moment. Comme vous l’avez dit, des personnes ne pourraient pas sortir du bar. Cette même chose aurait pu arriver dans l’épisode trois, sept, dix… qui sait ? Pour beaucoup d’entre nous dans le show, c’est la dernière année du contrat original. Donc vous ne savez jamais qu’est-ce qui peut arriver. Et l’industrie du spectacle est en train de changer, et ça change et évolue, donc vous ne pouvez jamais rien prendre pour accordé.

Je suis dévoué à CSI : NY et excité parce que je pense juste que le show se bonifie et que l’alchimie entre les acteurs est incroyable. Et c’est pourquoi je pense vraiment que les trois prochaines saisons de CSI : New York vont être les meilleures du show. A mon avis – il est évident qu’il y aura toutes sortes de rivalités parents/enfants et d’autres choses – mais je pense que notre show est en train de devenir la meilleure procédure à la télévision, pendant la période des 3 années à suivre. Je pense juste que les scénaristes sont tellement bons et que les acteurs ne peuvent être que bons pour incarner parfaitement leurs personnages. Je suis excité ! Le talent des scénaristes que nous avons est juste indescriptible. Pam Veasey et Peter Lankov sont deux des meilleurs scénaristes, pas juste à la télévision, d’habitude. Ils sont indescriptibles. Vous avez quelqu’un comme Peter qui fait de gros, gros films de studios et Pam est juste une incroyable coureuse de tournage. Le show est juste bien.

CSI Files : Peter Lenkov et Barbie Kligman ont écrit l’un des plus puissants épisodes de la dernière saison « Yahzreit ». Quelle était votre réaction face à l’approche du racisme dans l’épisode par l’interaction de Danny et Hawkes ?

Harper : J’ai pensé que c’était bien fini. Les scènes étaient biens. Il y a un exemple de Twitter et comment ça peut-être utilisé [envoyer des vidéos impressions à propos du show]. Peter a décidé, dans la célébration de cet épisode, de faire une fête filmée à sa maison. Et c’était la première fois que nous faisions quelque chose comme ça. Donc, nous étions tous allés dans la maison de Peter et nous avons regardé l’épisode. Et Ed Asner regardait avec nous et c’était juste une si belle chose. J’aimais vraiment ça. Nous avons tous regardé ça ensemble, à la télévision – ce n’était pas un DVD. Nous regardions vraiment au même moment que le reste de l’audience. Je pense que c'était une chose d'entreposage réelle aussi.

L’épisode était extrêmement bien joué ; J’ai pensé qu’il était extrêmement bien écrit. C’était vraiment touchant. Je suis tellement fier de ce show ; je suis fier de cet épisode et je suis fier que CSI : New York prenne cette issue. C’est une corde raide où vous devez marcher.

CSI Files : Etait-ce un épisode difficile à tourner ?

Harper : C’était beaucoup d’apports personnels, ce que j’aime. Hawkes n’a pas souvent l’opportunité d’être émotionnel et de parler de sa vie privée. Ce qui était gentil, aussi, c’était que j’avais un vrai oncle Franck ce qui veut dire beaucoup pour moi. A l’origine, l’oncle de Hawkes ne s’appelait pas Franck et Gary moi avons demandé à Peter si je pouvais juste changer le nom en hommage à mon vrai oncle.

CSI Files : Ce n’était certainement pas l’épisode moyen de CSI : New York.

Harper : Ce que j’ai aussi aimé c’est que Danny et Hawkes aient une sorte de moment de liaison dans deux sens différents. Quand il vient au début de l’épisode et qu’il est comme, « Hey mec, » et que je réponds, « Mon oncle est décédé, » il a une sorte de « aller viens » et me soutient, me fait un câlin. Vous ne voyez pas cette sorte d’amour hétérosexuel masculin souvent à la télévision. Tout le monde (d’habitude) essaie d’être un super macho.

CSI Files : Danny est définitivement le personnage masculin émotif du show – si quelqu’un est en train de donner un câlin à quelqu’un, ça vient probablement de Danny !

Harper : Oui, je ne pense pas que Mac vienne aborder Hawkes et lui fasse un câlin ! Peut-être cette saison, ils vont écrire et faire dire à Hawkes, « Allez Mac, fais-moi juste un câlin ! »

CSI Files : Donc il y a un bébé sur la scène maintenant (Lucy, la fille de Danny et Lindsay). Qu’est-ce que Hawkes va faire comme un oncle ?

Harper : Il va être chouette ! Il va enseigner au bébé tout à propos d’utiliser la science pour résoudre ses problèmes, utiliser le bruleur Bunsen pour réchauffer sa formula de bébé. Je suis excité – Hawkes va bientôt faire du baby-sitting !

Spoiler:
Justine
Justine

Interviews Empty
MessageSujet: Re: Interviews   Interviews EmptyMar 18 Aoû - 13:59

Hill Harper, l’interprète du Dr Sheldon Hawkes, assume ses ambitions. Avec un soupçon d’orgueil.

Hill Harper sait ce qu’il veut et il a profité du récent Festival télé de Monte-Carlo pour dévoiler ses ambitions. Si certaines peuvent paraître mégalos, il n’en à que faire. Sûr de lui, il a la mainmise sur son destin. Mais ce dernier se laissera-t-il dompter ?

Que pensiez-vous des Experts avant de rejoindre sa série dérivée ?
Hill Harper – Je ne l’avais jamais vue. Je n’ai jamais été un grand fan du genre. La seule que je regarde, c’est la nôtre. Elle n’a jamais été aussi bonne. Les scénaristes sont en béton, le look est incroyable. Et nous disposons de moyens techniques dignes des plus grands films. La saison 5, que nous venons d’achever, est la meilleure de toutes.

Elle donne effectivement plus de profondeur aux personages…
Hill Harper – Il y a tellement de séries policières qu’il faut bien se différencier. De bonnes histoires sont indispensables. Mais il est nécessaire que les différents rôles aient vraiment de la gueule. Je ne cesse d’ailleurs de réclamer une petite amie pour mon personnage. Je crois les doigts pour qu’il y en ait une prochainement. Quand le moment viendra, je lancerai un sondage sur Twitter pour demander à mes fans quelle actrice ils voudraient voir à ses côtés. Ensuite, je transmettrai les résultats aux producteurs. Je pense que la télé de demain devra être interactive. Il devient impératif de prendre le pouls des téléspectateurs.

Ca risque de casser l’effet de surprise tout de même …
Hill Harper – Pas forcément. Il faudra voir comment les scénaristes vont amener les choses. Si la surprise n’est plus dans le casting, elle peut toujours naître de l’histoire.

Combien de temps alleez-vous continuer Les Experts : Manhattan ?
Hill Harper – Mon contrat prendra fin au bout de la saison 6 diffusée dès la rentrée prochaine aux USA. Mais j’espère pouvoir le renouveler jusqu’à la saison 8. Après, j’aimerais développer ma propre série. Avoir un personnage qui ne se noie pas au milieu des autres rôles comme dans Les Experts. Je voudrais aussi pouvoir me concentrer sur des rôles qui puissent me valoir un oscar.

Une série à succès comme FBI : Portés Disparus a été rayée de la grille des programmes. Ca ne vous fait pas peur ?
Hill Harper – Nous avons déjà fait pas mal d’économies sur les frais de production et sur nos salaries. Mais comme les trois séries des Experts se vendent bien à l’étranger, je n’imagine pas que CBS, notre diffuseur, tue la poule aux œufs d’or.

Justine mdr - Et bah longue vie à toi et à ton ego mdr

Interview provenant du télé-moustique (revue sur les programmes TV Belge), par Sébastien Barké, retranscrite par moi-même ^^
perlnoir
perlnoir

Interviews Empty
MessageSujet: Re: Interviews   Interviews EmptyMar 18 Aoû - 14:06

Merciiiiiii Justine pour cette interview!

Il est sûr de lui c'est le moins qu'on puisse dire mais c'est bien pour nous, on sait où aller comme ça mdr
elocia

elocia

Perso(s) Préféré(s) : Lindsay, Danny and Lucy Messer

Interviews Empty
MessageSujet: Re: Interviews   Interviews EmptyMar 18 Aoû - 15:43

Merci Justine pour cette interview coeur coeur
on y apprend pas mal de chose quand même yesssss yesssss

Interviews Joe_le10
millou

millou

Perso(s) Préféré(s) : Danny & Lindsay

Interviews Empty
MessageSujet: Re: Interviews   Interviews EmptyMar 18 Aoû - 20:53

Merci pour cette interview Justine yesssss
perlnoir
perlnoir

Interviews Empty
MessageSujet: Re: Interviews   Interviews EmptyMar 1 Sep - 10:43

Citation :

On the Brian Mcknight Radio Show all week: 6p-7p est about my new book. Listen live online www.brianmcknightshow.com or ur local station
about 8 hours ago from TwitterBerry of Hill

Idu
Le prochain zod c'est trop loin ! - Modo
Idu

Perso(s) Préféré(s) : Mac

Interviews Empty
MessageSujet: Re: Interviews   Interviews EmptyMar 27 Oct - 21:41

une interview de Hill sur Telecablesat
J'adore le passage où il parle de Caruso ptdrptdrptdr

Citation :
Cinq ans que Hill Harper est Sheldon Hawkes dans «Les Experts : Manhattan», au côté de Gary Sinise. Rencontre lors du 49e Festival de la Télévision de Monte-Carlo…

Précision : si la semaine dernière,TF1 a uniquement diffusé le deuxième épisode de la saison 5, c’est pour pouvoir aligner cette semaine les derniers épisodes inédits de la saison 4, qui appellent une suite diffusée la semaine prochaine avec l’épisode 1 de la saison 5. Une nouvelle saison que nous présente Hill Harper.

Connaissiez-vous la série avant d’intégrer le casting des «Experts Manhattan» ? Non.Je n’avais vu aucun épisode et je n’étais pas fan de ce genre de série. J’ai découvert le programme après avoir été engagé. Et vous savez quoi ? Je l’adore ! Les saisons sont de mieux en mieux et la cinquième est peut-être la meilleure de toutes en termes d’écriture et d’intensité.

Vous ne saviez donc pas qui est David Caruso (Horatio Caine dans «Les experts Miami») ?
Si, on a fait deux crossovers ensemble. Je l’ai vu faire son truc avec ses lunettes…. Comment dire… (rires). Qu’est-ce que je suis content de bosser avec Gary Sinise (Mac Taylor dans la série) !

Quel est le plus de la saison 5 ?
Pour la première fois, la série s’intéresse à la vie privée des personnages. C’est important de se distinguer par ce biais. Il y a une liste presque interminable de séries policières aux Etats-Unis. La concurrence est rude. Il vous faut de bonnes histoires, mais aussi des personnages importants pour lesquels on peut avoir de l’empathie.

La crise a-t-elle une incidence économique sur la série ?
Oh, oui ! C’est pourquoi, à la fin de la saison 5, si nous avons tourné une énorme scène de fusillade, c’est pour des raisons d’économies. Je m’explique… Ils avaient besoin de réduire les coûts de production, et ce genre de scène, c’est le moyen de se débarrasser d’un acteur ou, en tout cas, de lui mettre un coup de pression pour qu’il accepte une réduction de salaire.

C’est du chantage !
Non, c’est du business ! Avant de tourner la scène, personne ne sait s’il va survivre ou pas. Pour ma part, c’est pour cela que je me jette à terre aussi vite, car je suis en fin de contrat, j’aimerais qu’il soit renouvelé et je ne veux pas être le premier à me faire descendre (rires) !

Votre ami Obama (Nobel de la Paix 2009) pourrait vous aider en cas de problème… (Rires) Peut-être. Nous étions ensemble en fac de droit à Harvard, nous sommes devenus amis et cela va faire vingt ans que ça dure. Il est un modèle pour moi. Et je ne regrette pas d’avoir participé activement à sa campagne.

Votre engagement a-t-il déjà été un vrai problème à Hollywood ?

Gary Sinise a soutenu MacCain, et pourtant, nous ne nous sommes jamais fâchés pour ça !

Interview de Cédric Melon
Télécâble Sat Hebdo
mardi 27 octobre 2009 - 08:00
perlnoir
perlnoir

Interviews Empty
MessageSujet: Re: Interviews   Interviews EmptyMar 27 Oct - 21:52

Merciiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii Idu
Excellent sur Caruso