Experts en Séries
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.

Site internet dédié aux séries !

AccueilAccueil  PortailPortail  RechercherRechercher  S'enregistrerS'enregistrer  ConnexionConnexion  
Le Deal du moment : -39%
Pack Home Cinéma Magnat Monitor : Ampli DENON ...
Voir le deal
1190 €

Interviews

+11
Jersey_07
Lino
Miss Angell
ash
perlnoir
aliasfr
giovinazzo
loveflack
Tracy
Wolfinette
Lindsay
15 participants
Aller à la page : 1, 2  Suivant
AuteurMessage
Lindsay
Admin
Lindsay

Séries suivies : TVD, TWD, SVU, NCIS LA
Perso(s) Préféré(s) : Damon (TVD), Deeks, Kensi (NCIS LA), Danny, Mac, Lindsay (csi ny), Daryl, Rick (TWD), Barba, Olivia (SVU)

Interviews Empty
MessageSujet: Interviews   Interviews EmptyLun 29 Oct - 15:03

Et bien c'est la série en ce moment ! Après Hill, voici une interview toute récente de Eddie !!!

J'espère qu'on aura droit à l'interview de tous les acteurs ! Ce serait quand même génial !!!

Apparemment, Eddie ne pense pas que la relation avec sa copine de l'épisode 3 soit sérieuse. Par contre, il aimerait bien que les scénaristes dévellopent pour lui une relation sérieuse avec un personnage récurent, une relation à la "Danny/Lindsay" mais différente. Et il ne serait pas contre le fait que ce personnage soit le détective Angell !! lol!

Ensuite, ce que j'ai compris, c'est qu'il est aussi ravi de l'évolution de sa relation avec Mac et il pense d'ailleurs que les deux personnages ont sûrement plus de points communs qu'il n'y paraissait au départ.

Il parle également succintemant de ses relations avec les autres personnages : Danny, Lindsay et puis Hawkes.

Pour Lindsay, il dit qu'il ne pense pas que Don lui tienne rancune de l'avoir"vendu" dans "Consequences" et il est content que Don bosse avec elle dans le zod 11 car c'est une relation qui n'a pas encore été très dévelloppée. D'ailleurs il ajoute que l'histoire qui concerne Danny dans cet épisode est vraiment belle et émouvante. Il dit que c'est très triste et que la deuxième enquête a été mise en place pour alléger un peu l'épisode du point de vu de l'atmosphère pesante et triste. Sad

Pour Hawkes, il dit que leur amitié n'est pas la même qu'avec Danny( même s'il aime bien la relation Hawkes/Don et leur scène amusante dans le zod 18 de la saison 3) parce qu'ils ne viennent pas du "même monde" et n'ont pas la même façon de parler contrairement à Danny et Don.

Pour Danny, il aime bien les petits passages d'humour entre eux comme quand ils ont cet échange dans les couloirs du labo au sujet de sa copine dans le zod 3 et il a adoré jouer la scène du bar dans la saison 3. Il dit que c'était une scène très bien écrite.

Voilou. En gros. Il y a bien sûr plein d'autres infos mais pas le temps de faire une traduc détaillée. Comme d'hab, si quelqu'un se sent d'attaque !

Et maintenant, place à l'interview !!!

Source : CSI Files !!

By Kristine Huntley
Posted at October 29, 2007 - 8:37 AM GMT

As Detective Don Flack, Jr., Eddie Cahill often gets the best one-liners and the most exciting chase scenes. But season three gave him a serious storyline--a clash over a complicated case with serious repercussions with a colleague, and season four has brought romance--and more adventure--into his character's life. Before heading off for a location shoot, Cahill discussed the latest developments for his character with CSI Files' Kristine Huntley.

CSI Files: So you're headed off to Chicago to shoot some scenes for an upcoming episode. How long are you going to be there?

Eddie Cahill: Just a day. Fly one day, shoot [the next]. We're going to do two scenes. The 333 storyline takes Mac (Gary Sinise) to Chicago and I go there at the request of Chief Sinclair (Mykelti Williamson).

CSI Files: Will that add tension to Mac and Flack's relationship since Sinclair is asking Flack to go with Mac?

Cahill: I think they've really done well with Sinclair in really incorporating him as more than just this domineering disciplinarian. It's funny, even after last year, I really like the relationship that's developed between my character and Gary's character in that it never really struck me as out and out animosity. The shit never really hit the fan. It was just a matter of two guys coming together from different points just trying to do the right thing, and finding that balance. There was a progressiveness to the conflict that kept it away from just being like, "Now you've pissed me off so you're no longer my friend." So it's an extension of that same kind of [thing]--the characters tend to come together well in tough situations. And there's a confidant thing going on.

CSI Files: In addition to telling him about the 333 caller, Flack was the one Mac turned to in "Down the Rabbit Hole" to confide in about his break up with Peyton (Claire Forlani). Do you feel like this newfound rapport between the characters is just a natural progression from moving past the conflict?

Cahill: I think so. I don't know how the decision necessarily got made [for Mac to confide in Flack] but if I take a step back and look at it, I think there are probably more similarities between the two characters than may be initially thought in that they both in their own different ways take the job quite seriously. Not that the rest of the guys are out there goofing off, but I think there's a defined principled approach that I think each of the two have. Whether they're coming from the same place or not, I think they have in common the inspiration behind the way each of them behaves. I think there's a real common ground there that's not as obvious.

CSI Files: You did a really great commentary for the season three DVDs on the episode "Consequences", where the whole conflict with Mac began. How did you end up doing that?

Cahill: That was fun! I've never done that before. Pam [Veasey] just called me and just asked. It was as simple as just sitting there and watching it and talking about it. That was a good time.

CSI Files: One of the things you mentioned in that commentary was that the conflict between Mac and Flack wasn't really played as a father-son thing with Mac, but rather two colleagues with two very understandable and sympathetic perspectives clashing. What were your thoughts about the conflict as it progressed?

Cahill: I think the progression to him confiding in me about Peyton is born out of having that type of relationship--when you have a tension between people that's rooted not so much in one person having to have the upper hand or subdue/subjugate the other--then you move forward. That's what was exciting about it; neither one of us had to abandon our feelings nor did the characters have to let their feelings override what truly was the right thing to do. You've got something to work with there, you've got a place to go, you've got a relationship that can develop. If I were to show up as the actor inside of that scene and to go in knowing that the outcome of the scene was basically me being chastised, well then, that's the end. That's the end of that situation itself--I was wrong, he was right. I just thought it was far more interesting to walk the line of right and wrong not being as clear. And it enables each character to stand on their own two feet and work off of each other to find the solution.

CSI Files: It was interesting because the viewer really could see Flack's point of view, and his concerns about all the people Dean Truby put away getting off on technicalities did end up coming to pass. What did you think about the scene where Flack comes into Mac's office in "Past Imperfect" and confronts Mac about that after Clay Dobson was released?

Cahill: That was tough. It was good because it kept that alive. Gary and I talked about this. As much as that upset Flack, it was again walking that line out of respect and understanding and eventually agreeing and seeing Mac's point of view and going along with it. I didn't want to come in and just be like, "I told you so!" and start riding him on it. The cool thing about Mac and Flack in those respects is that they see beyond themselves in a way. Yes, I kind of saw this coming, and you saw this coming as well, and now this sucks for everybody. This didn't happen because of you, we're still suffering the consequences if you will. No matter what action--good, bad, positive, negative--everything's got consequences. It was those consequences, from making a good decision, from making a "right" decision--you're still paying a price somewhere. The beautiful thing about that case was it wasn't clean. I'm glad they did bring it back because it was the kind of situation that you can't just wrap up. You don't know, you try. And I think that's where Mac and Flack come along--they try to do the right thing. They try to do the right thing beyond what they may want to do, what that initial impulse [is].

CSI Files: This season, Flack's definitely having a good year! He got to play the suave James Bond part in "You Only Die Once", and he got a girlfriend. What did you think of that episode?

Cahill: I think a lot of things about that episode. In a nutshell, that was just fun. It was kind of goofy, it was kind of out there, but that was fun. It was fun to deviate from things being so serious and to get into the glossy, maybe a little sexy fast cars, and making out, and pull the gun, tuxedos. It was a blast. It was like, "Here, kid, here's a fantasy episode--let's go have some fun with that." It was good. I enjoyed it; I certainly had a lot of fun doing it.

CSI Files: What did you think of Flack's girlfriend in the episode? Was that the kind of girl you pictured Flack going for?

Cahill: I don't want to offend the writers, but I actually struggled saying 'girlfriend' because I think 'girlfriend' was a nice way of putting...

CSI Files: Fling?

Cahill: Yeah, kind of. I sort of felt that way. There were a couple times I had tried to put it differently and then they had asked me [to use the word girlfriend] for whatever reason. And I didn't question it at the time necessarily, but I just sort of instinctually tried to shy away from saying girlfriend because it seems so [formal]. To me that rang as an established title, and I don't think the intention even from the writers was ever to make her an established woman in Flack's life, but it was the word they chose to use.

There was that one moment when we're at the crime scene and she's on the phone in the background and Stella (Melina Kanakaredes) says to me, "She's going to be invited to all the fancy parties" and when she came up to me to tell me, my hope in that was it would come across in that he was a little bit like, "Yaaaay."

CSI Files: Kind of like, "Ooookay. What have I gotten myself into?"

Cahill: Yeah kind of. Or "okay, this is what that is." I think in the episode he said they'd only been going out a couple of weeks, so I imagine they'd only been out a couple of times. But the function of that character in the episode served its purpose. I think the title 'girlfriend' could be a little strong for who she was, but the function of that character was to keep it in the CSI: New York sexy beginning, here we go.

CSI Files: Are you a James Bond fan?

Cahill: I want to say yeah, but I haven't seen a Bond since Roger Moore! I like them, sure. I think I'm familiar enough with them, but then I realize I haven't seen a Bond that was made in twenty-some odd years.

CSI Files: Did you have fun having Flack slip into that Bond-esque role?

Cahill: One hundred percent! I had a blast doing that. The cool thing was is that he didn't necessarily become a Bond. I think he found himself in the world of [big money and fancy cars]. I hope there was a giggle in it, but I don't think he was ever as cool as Bond. It was a little bit like, hey, I got the old tux on! It was a hoot, and it was cool to step out. It's a great gift from the writers to me, too, to say, "Let's play something, let's go somewhere else, let's get you out in a tuxedo for a moment and face people and do all that." Flack and Stella--it was a good team, gals and tuxes and all that. I love that suit! I'm not a big dress up fan, but wow, that's an amazing suit.

CSI Files: We learned a little bit about Flack's family in "Time's Up"--he brought up both his mother and his brother. Are we supposed to believe, given what Flack said, that his mother is dead?

Cahill: I don't know. I wouldn't jump that far actually. That hasn't been brought to my attention.

CSI Files: It sounds like he has a contentious relationship with his brother. Do you know if that will be explored at some point?

Cahill: I wish I did know. I don't know if that's going to go anywhere. I don't even think it was [necessarily adversarial]; I think it's as contentious as an older brother would be or a younger brother would be. If we look at Flack's mouth, there's no way that comes from an only child! So I think it's more of that old New York, sit around the dinner table ball breaking, "Don't get ahead of yourself, kid" [thing], especially if you're the younger brother.

Dernière édition par le Lun 29 Oct - 17:43, édité 7 fois
Revenir en haut Aller en bas
Lindsay
Admin
Lindsay

Perso(s) Préféré(s) : Damon (TVD), Deeks, Kensi (NCIS LA), Danny, Mac, Lindsay (csi ny), Daryl, Rick (TWD), Barba, Olivia (SVU)

Interviews Empty
MessageSujet: Re: Interviews   Interviews EmptyLun 29 Oct - 15:03

CSI Files: Do you know if Flack is the older or younger brother? Do you have any sense of where he is in the family tree?

Cahill: Personally, I felt that he was the younger brother in that situation. That would be my feeling. But I don't know that the family tree would end there. I'm keeping it open! He could be one of thirteen!

CSI Files: Have you heard of any plans to delve into Flack's back story?

Cahill: I will say this: there is an episode, either six or seven, and I don't want to give it away but there is a moment of flirtation that takes place between Flack and a character we're familiar with.

CSI Files: We've heard that it's between Flack and Detective Angell (Emmanuelle Vaugier).

Cahill: Right! I don't know where that's going, but there certainly was something there. And to me that would be interesting, because that's something you could really go with a la Danny and Lindsay, but different.

CSI Files: Do you think the writers will pursue something with Flack and Angell, or do you think it's just an isolated moment?

Cahill: I hesitate to say. I think there are ideas being kicked around, but there are just so many channels those ideas have to get through to make its way to the TV. Certainly the wheels are turning around the idea, but I don't know how far it will go. If not this season, [maybe] next or whenever. Who knows? I'd love to be able to commit to something, but our show is special in that we sort of find our moments to put story in, but the cases already come first.

CSI Files: Is there anything coming up for Flack you can hint at?

Cahill: Well, there's the Angell thing. I feel guilty even speaking of it because I don't know what's going to happen, but it's certainly a good moment. I don't want to pin anything on it because that could easily be an isolated moment, but certainly I think there's potential in there. [There's] nothing [else] that I know of.

CSI Files: Is a romance with Angell something you'd like to see pursued?

Cahill: I think it could be interesting. I'll leave that door open. Any sort of character pieces for any one of us I like to play. I hadn't really worked with her that much at all really. If it's a friendship, if it's a love relationship, whatever it is, I think it's cool to have relationships that go beyond the call of duty.

CSI Files: "Down the Rabbit Hole" got a lot of press for it's exploration of Second Life. Have you tried out Second Life?

Cahill: No, I haven't. I'm terrified of it! I don't even go on MySpace, let alone a whole universe [like Second Life]. In terms of content, I thought the episode was really current. I liked that, and I like the idea that that may come back, that we've still got one [killer] that's at large. I think it's fun. To me that's a real entertaining [arc].

CSI Files: Hopefully it will have the depth of the Shane Casey (Edward Furlong) arc ( "Hung Out to Dry" and "Raising Shane") from last season, which had a great story as well as an emotional touchstone with Danny (Carmine Giovinazzo).

Cahill: That was a great scene in the squad car [at the end of "Hung Out to Dry"] between Danny and him. That was a great one.

CSI Files: We saw Flack again supporting Danny emotionally last season in "Comes Around" and saving him in the finale, "Snow Day". Flack always seems to be there for Danny one way or another; what does Flack get out of the friendship?

Cahill: That's interesting. I think there's an impulse behind Flack: give and you shall receive. I think helping or being of assistance is rewarding enough. [In] the relationship they have, I don't think so much it's one-sided in that Flack's always giving, Flack's always giving. They have a great relationship outside of when they're in crisis mode, joking in the hallways and this and that, the little comments in the lab. And then getting into the other stuff, I think that's just what Flack does. That's just what he does.

CSI Files: Did you enjoy playing the scene in the bar with Danny from "Comes Around"?

Cahill: I love that scene in the bar. I haven't seen that episode yet, I haven't seen that scene--I saw a clip of it once when I was flipping around. I went to New York before that aired and I didn't have TV where I was, but that was one of my maybe top three favorite scenes to do. I thought it was a great moment, I thought it was extremely well written and within the context of that episode was a great button to put on the experience they were all going through. I think what Flack gets out of the relationship with Danny is shared experience.

CSI Files: What did you think of the moment in the hall when Danny was teasing Flack about his "girlfriend"?

Cahill: I loved it! I liked one.

CSI Files: Was that ad-libbed at all?

Cahill: Yeah, we tooled it around. [The] "does she have teeth? [comment] was one we came up with together.

CSI Files: How did you guys come up with that?

Cahill: I forget what was there on the page, but it was close, it was a jab. We kinda got into the hockey thing and this and that, and then we just sort of came up with that. We just stood on the side and I'd say, "I met her at a hockey game," and he'd come back with something and I'd be like, "Try this," and then we'd do that, and we just went back and forth and then the cameras were rolling and we'd try to have some fun. That was fun!

CSI Files: Do you find yourself ad-libbing often?

Cahill: Yeah, when the opportunity presents itself, yeah, I do. For me that's a fine line--you never want to deviate so far from things that it stops making sense, but I get a kick out of that play. That's a lot of fun to do, even when it's not comedic. I think we all do. I think if you were to leave Carmine and I in a room together, it could get nuts! I don't know if [what we'd come up with] would make sense, but it would be fun for both of us.

CSI Files: Are there any times in episodes you've filmed recently that you've ad-libbed?

Cahill: There was one we shot we shot the other night which first comes to me. There's a scene where I come into a guy's apartment who we traced back to the crime scene. There was an explosion at the crime scene and as a result, his hearing is impaired. So I'm behind him with my gun trained on him, giving him the whole, "NYPD! NYPD!" And I'm walking up to him and walking up to him and finally I'm like, "Can you hear me?" and I tap him and he jumps up and spins around and he's like, "I'm sorry! I can't hear anything!" And I won't tell you what I did, but there's a moment after that that was born in the moment.

CSI Files: You're going to leave us hanging?

Cahill: I don't want to spoil it! Hopefully it's as good as my build up, but it was fun to do. You'll a kick out of it. I think!

CSI Files: Which episode is it in?

Cahill: That's in 11. That's actually the one we just finished. That's got a great Danny storyline in it, a really moving storyline in there involving his character. It's very sad. The one we're on is goofy, and I think it's a nice counterpoint to the other half of the episode. The director said the other day if we were to just air the other half of the episode, I think people would be thoroughly saddened. That's a pint of ice cream right there.

CSI Files: Flack and Hawkes Hill Harper) have been exchanging barbs recently. Do you enjoy their rapport?

Cahill: There's long intervals between when we come together, but I do like that because those are two characters who come from very different places. Mac and Flack kind of came up the same way in a weird way; even if Danny didn't, they come from a similar place and there's a language there. And I just think Sheldon Hawkes and Don Flack come from very different worlds. If there's any tension there--I don't think there's contention, because I don't think [it's that]; it could just be that, "What's going on?" We're not at the same place at all times, or have these very different approaches to things. And I like that and I think Hill plays it well. We have a good time doing it. There's also moments like in episode two ("The Deep"), he winds up in trouble with Danny in the scuba thing, and there's certainly a concern for each other. It's not just a matter of you speak tomato, I speak tomato.

CSI Files: In the commentary for "Consequences," you mentioned that Lindsay (Anna Belknap) "sold Flack out" by giving Mac evidence. Do you think Flack is still holding a grudge over that?

Cahill: I don't think so, no. I don't think it was ever a grudge. I don't think Lindsay was excited about giving that evidence away. I don't think it was one of those, "Hahaha, I solved the case and I get to take out one of my colleagues." I think there was a struggle in there for her.

CSI Files: Flack seems to get frustrated with Lindsay's long-winded explanations at times. Is that another case of two characters coming from vastly different backgrounds?

Cahill: I would chalk that up to that, yeah. We actually got a chance to work together in [episode 11], which is cool. That's another relationship where we don't see each other all that often. It's not a relationship that's as developed as the others, but it's fun to play.

CSI Files: In the promotional picture for this season, Flack can be seen wiping off his gun. What does that represent for the character and is it foreshadowing?

Cahill: I don't know! I wound up with a handkerchief and I was like, "Okay, let's go!" I'm not hip to any of the meanings behind the image, but I don't know. It has been a little bit indicative [of this season]. Man, my stunt double last night made me look like a ninja! [Flack's] becoming a bit more 'run and gun'; he's gotten more physical. I think his gun has become more part of him this season. There're more moments of danger creeping up in the episode, and I think that's his test tube at this point!

CSI Files: What would kind of storyline or episode would you like to see for Flack?

Cahill: I'd like to take it into as a reference point a "Raising Shane" or in some respects the avatar thing: I like going after really bad guys. I like the element of danger; those for me are a lot of fun to play. I like going after the bad guys, the guys who may hit again, the guys who are really mean, real evil. Those are fun for me to play. I get really amped up in taking that out. I like when there's that feeling in the story of, 'We've got to get this fucker.'

CSI Files: On a lighter note, something the fans have picked up on is Flack's love of food. How did that attribute end up becoming part of his character?

Cahill: I have no idea but I love it! I think that started in season one when Stella and Flack were about to take off someplace and he says, "Can I drive? Because when you drive we never eat." That was the beginning of that. I really think that was one of those lucky moments that fell my way and then you just go with that. I don't know, but I enjoy it because I would be a fan of chow myself. That's the stuff we get because on a procedural show, it's those moments [that build characters]. I think our audience is really good at grabbing those and hanging onto those and letting those live because those are our character beats, outside of "The Fall", outside of "Consequences," outside of the major storylines when you really get into something. That's who we are, that's who those characters are, those brief little moments that speak volumes--that's character.
Wolfinette
"Let's shake some dust"- Samson
Wolfinette

Perso(s) Préféré(s) : Lindsay,Danny, Don

Interviews Empty
MessageSujet: Re: Interviews   Interviews EmptyLun 29 Oct - 17:19

Merci beaucoup d'avoir mis cette interview!!! Franchement je trouve ça cool Flack et Angel!
Tracy

Tracy

Perso(s) Préféré(s) : Don,Danny, Jessica, Lindsay

Interviews Empty
MessageSujet: Re: Interviews   Interviews EmptyLun 29 Oct - 19:53

Merci pour l'interview et le résumé en traduction,Je sens que je vais adorer un nouveau ship
loveflack
Fan de série québécoise a 90 %
loveflack

Séries suivies : Lance et compte,19-2,O',Les jeunes loups,Les beaux malaises,Les parents,Mémoires vives,Unités 9,Rupture,Blue moon
Perso(s) Préféré(s) : Flack, Stella, Jessica. Lance et Compte : Guy, Pierre, Marc, Suzie. 19-2 : Benoît, Nicolaï, Bérengère

Interviews Empty
MessageSujet: Re: Interviews   Interviews EmptyMer 31 Oct - 6:22

merci milles fois Lindsay 005merci 005merci 005merci
tu fait une femme heureuse avant allé se couché amourfm3 amourfm3
giovinazzo
If you want to walk, no matter how slowly you walk, I'll walk with you.
giovinazzo

Perso(s) Préféré(s) : Danny Messer

Interviews Empty
MessageSujet: Re: Interviews   Interviews EmptyMer 31 Oct - 17:10

merci pour l'interview c'est super
aliasfr
Ne pas déranger!!! en pleine Capture D'écran !!!
aliasfr

Perso(s) Préféré(s) : Flack

Interviews Empty
MessageSujet: Re: Interviews   Interviews EmptyLun 21 Jan - 19:06

Une video :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KRuTO6loYCA

Et Eddie fume Shocked, je l'imaginer pas du tout en fumeur, et il fume avec Carmine , ça entretient l'amitié qu'il dit lol!
perlnoir
Looping accessoirement Admin.
perlnoir

Perso(s) Préféré(s) : Danny. Mac. et Jo

Interviews Empty
MessageSujet: Re: Interviews   Interviews EmptyMar 22 Jan - 14:39

003 serpiere 003 serpiere 003 serpiere 003 serpiere

Bon j'ai bien bavé mdr , pourtant c'est pas Carmine/Dany mdr!

Fais gaffe Marie, il devient de plus en plus canon, on va te le chiper à force mdr!

Très sympa cette interview!

Et aussi très drôle, bon l'excuse de fumer entretien l'amitié, faudra trouver mieux mdr, mais vraiment sympa, on sent que c'est une personne qui la tête sur les épaules, pas du tout, imbus de lui-même!

Merci Marie!
https://csi-ny.forumpro.fr
ash

ash

Perso(s) Préféré(s) : Danny et Don !

Interviews Empty
MessageSujet: Re: Interviews   Interviews EmptyMar 22 Jan - 15:30

Merci elle est extra cette vidéo!!
J'adore son humour : mred notament pour le passage à propos de gary sinise ptdr

Et le mot à retenir est definitivement: experience!!

005merci Merci beaucoup!!
loveflack
loveflack

Séries suivies : Lance et compte,19-2,O',Les jeunes loups,Les beaux malaises,Les parents,Mémoires vives,Unités 9,Rupture,Blue moon
Perso(s) Préféré(s) : Flack, Stella, Jessica. Lance et Compte : Guy, Pierre, Marc, Suzie. 19-2 : Benoît, Nicolaï, Bérengère

Interviews Empty
MessageSujet: Re: Interviews   Interviews EmptyMer 23 Jan - 7:02

005merci 005merci 005merci 005merci 005merci 005merci 005merci 005merci 005merci 005merci 005merci 005merci beaucoup aliasfr pour cette manifique vidéo
amourfm3 msn512 amourfm3 msn512 amourfm3 msn512 amourfm3 msn512 amourfm3
meme si j ai rien comprit car moi et anglais sa fait 2 mes yeux sont heureux bave bave bave
je pense que je vait faire des beau reves lol!
loveflack
loveflack

Interviews Empty
MessageSujet: Re: Interviews   Interviews EmptySam 8 Mar - 5:43

bon ben un peu plus tot dans la soirée je suis allé dans un magasin de magasine pis en regardait <<series zap>> je suis tombé sur ce tres beau jeune homme msn512 msn512 msn512 bave bave
je pouvait pas le laissé la tout seul ben je l est acheter pis je voulait partager cette tres belle entrevue yesssss yesssss yesssss
Interviews 1210

la photo qui avait avec l entrevue amourfm3 amourfm3 amourfm3 bave bave
Interviews 1110
perlnoir
perlnoir

Interviews Empty
MessageSujet: Re: Interviews   Interviews EmptyMar 14 Oct - 23:43

Bon je la remets ici au cas ou vous ne l'avez pas vu dans le topic de Gary

Bon, une chtite video qui date de Septembre, le 24 mais bon, on va pas s'en priver mdr pour autant!

Arrow ET goes to Jersey City for 'CSI: NY'

ET was on the set of CBS' "CSI: NY" for the hostage situation! In the season three finale, "CSI: NY" left viewers wanting more after Detective Mac Taylor (Gary Sinise) was taken hostage. Now get an inside look at the season premiere of the show!

Actors Sinise and Eddie Cahill (Detective Don Flack) gave a few revelations into what to expect from "CSI: NY" this season.

"In the season opener, you're going to find out actually what happened in the season ender of season four," Sinise reveals to ET. "Mac finds himself kind of in a remote area, where he's not quite sure where he is or how he got there."

"The events at the bank robbery at the end of season four have taken us over into Jersey City where Mac Taylor has narrowly escaped with his life," Cahill explains.

There's also a new character! "We meet my sister," Cahill reveals, "And she's peripherally tied to this case."

Catch all the characters on the season four premiere of CSI: NY on CBS, Wednesday, Sept. 24.

Posted September 24, 2008 12:20:00 AM

Voilou mdr!
Lindsay
Admin
Lindsay

Interviews Empty
MessageSujet: Re: Interviews   Interviews EmptySam 22 Nov - 12:01

Source DLChem.

Interview pour le site :

http://showbizandstyle.inquirer.net/you/su...omes-to-his-own

Encore une interview super sympa !! Les acteurs de la série sont trop TOP coeur , moi je vous le dis !

Citation :
TELEVISION fans first got to know Eddie Cahill as Jennifer Aniston’s pretty boyfriend Tag on the show “Friends.” In “CSI New York,” this real New Yorker plays Detective Don Flack. He’s still pretty but he’s also tough.

Eddie Cahill says he wanted to be a cop when he was a kid. “I’ve always been a fan of cops. My grandfather was a cop.” And although he still thinks about joining law enforcement sometimes, for now, his main focus is this TV show. “My fears and anxieties when I was starting out kinda dropped away and now I can focus on doing my job and practicing just what it is that I need to practice and that’s been a great gift.”

How important is New York to the show?

Something I appreciate about New York is there’s a real improvisational nature to living there and existing there because you go outside of your house to do your laundry and you can fall in love or get mugged before you can even get your underwear in the dryer. I think the show has incorporated a little bit more of that and in that respect, having New York play its role in the show is of tremendous importance. As time has gone on they’ve been able to bring in that authentic energy.

Being a New Yorker, are you okay with shooting in LA?

I would love to move back home but I like shooting in LA, it’s a nice place to shoot, it’s built for shooting.

What is it like working with Gary Sinise?

The great thing about Gary is that Gary has and will always have far more experience than I do. I can pick his brain about choices he’s made but more often than not, I learn by his example, his work ethics. It’s quite profound when you work with somebody who is gracious, who is prepared, who shows up just knowing what he does. When we started the show, he was a beacon of experience to look at and watch. As I’m sitting here, “Oh they’re gonna fire me, they’re gonna fire me,” he was just a grounding force on the show, as a compass of calm almost.

What was your childhood in New York like?

I grew up in a network of family friends who all had kids my age. We were all kind of raised together at the same time. I certainly had my own two parents but as I get older in life and think about having a family of my own, I think I would like that for my children — to be in a community of close familiar relationships that were fundamental in raising me.

What was your ‘Friends’ experience like and what did that teach you as a young actor about handling fame?

It was the first time I was ever really included in Hollywood, I guess. It was the first inkling I had that maybe I might belong in this place. They were very kind to me. Standing on the outside maybe you’d hear a horror story or you’d hear about these Hollywood types and dot dot dot, the list goes on. I was fortunate to have an experience where I wound up on the show that was probably an icon of all that was Hollywood and it was jam-packed with really kind people. That is what stood out for me. That’s what I learned, that I might be able to find a footing in this thing. I battled nerves on the show a lot. It’s the one job if I could go back in time, I’d like to take another crack at it, just from a professional standpoint but that was a great time.

Do you have any stories from your time on that show?

I remember for the very first episode — they shoot it live — I was up in the dressing room and I was giving myself a little pep talk. “I don’t know why but you’re here. You can figure this out, you can do this..” I walk out of the dressing room and coming down the stairs, standing right in front of me was Sean Penn, Robin Wright Penn and their two kids, turn back, walk upstairs back to the dressing room and go, “Okay, that wasn’t supposed to happen but nevertheless you’re still here, what the hell are you doing here...” That’s what that experience was for me.

What do you do for fun?

I just started surfing about a year ago. Surfing has been great. I’ve heard people say there’s no culture in Los Angeles but (with surfing) I got to tap into something that is really unique and has its own place in California’s cultural history.

Do you want to go back to theater?

Desire, not plans. It’s always a dream of mine to be a part of the New York theater circuit and I still have that dream. We’ll see. I hope. I don’t have the time to do it now.

Did you get more attention from females after being on the show for so long?

I don’t know, I don’t carry a barometer of attention around me. There have been moments where I’d get recognized a bit more but it’s never been oppressive. Nor have I ever been able to measure if it’s decidedly more female or male or young or old.

How did your life change since the show?

The greatest change is that I am not running around looking for work more days out of the week and I don’t mean that as a cute answer. I have a job and I get to crack this acting and work as being an actor more often than not which is a godsend and a change I wish on every actor or anyone who’s pursuing anything in the creative field.
perlnoir
perlnoir

Interviews Empty
MessageSujet: Re: Interviews   Interviews EmptySam 22 Nov - 12:58

respect respect respect respect

Merci ma belle, pour ces superbes interviews

bave
Lindsay
Admin
Lindsay

Interviews Empty
MessageSujet: Re: Interviews   Interviews EmptyMar 10 Fév - 0:57

Eddie au "LA Kings hockey game"

Source : DLChem

http://kings.nhl.tv/team/console.jsp?catid=728&id=32417

Interview sur CSI Files :

By Kristine Huntley
Posted at February 9, 2009 - 7:18 PM GMT

Eddie Cahill's character, Don Flack, has always been on hand to provide a barbed quip or an intense grilling, but in CSI: New York's fifth season, the brash homicide detective has moved into the spotlight. In the fifth season opener, "Veritas", audiences were introduced to Flack's younger sister, Samantha (Kathleen Munroe), and the siblings' contentious relationship when her name popped up during the course of an investigation. But it hasn't been all work and no play for the good detective--he also started a relationship with colleague Jessica Angell (Emmanuelle Vaugier). Cahill spoke with CSI Files' Kristine Huntley about the attention his character has gotten this season, the new relationships that have opened up for him and the hot spot Flack found himself in after a suspect died in his custody.

CSI Files: Fifth season has been a great season for you so far! We've met Flack's sister, he's got a love interest now and he had a bit of an ordeal at work. Why do you think the attention has turned to Flack this season?

Eddie Cahill: One, I truly don't know and two, I think it was just probably time. It was time. The character's been around [long enough] and the writers and myself have played around with him enough that we felt ready to get into some more stuff. I guess it just made sense. Everyone else was getting something going and they could put a little focus on Flack. From a personal standpoint, I don't think it could have been timed out any better because I was thinking about being in the fifth season of the show and suddenly, something that dawned on me [was that], more than any other season before, I'm less and less concerned with making mistakes. I might be at a point where I'm not worried about making a mistake with the character. To then have things like this thrown into the mix, I get to approach them from more of a secure standpoint, which just makes the experience more complete--when you're not self conscious, when you're not just focused on not screwing it all up! You're focused on it, but when you're not too concerned with f---ing up with it.

CSI Files: I imagine you feel like you know him after five seasons.

Cahill: I do, yeah. And that kind of snuck up on me and sort of took me by surprise. I mean it's been going that way probably for the last season and a half, but yeah I feel good.

CSI Files: We've seen Flack's younger sister, Sam, twice, and the two are definitely different. Do you think the dynamic is informed by the fact that Flack is something of the golden child, following in his father's footsteps?

Cahill: I think in some respects my opinion of that is that that might be the way she sees the situation. That question was asked from Sam's perspective in a way. I don't know that Flack is or isn't the golden child. I certainly don't think he walks on water. I think he might have less obvious issues. He's got his own way of dealing with whatever [those issues are]. She certainly, I mean she said it in so many words, that to Sam he is [the golden child]. And I don't think that's necessarily true. I don't know if we'll ever figure out why, but just for my own personal belief, I don't think anybody's perfect. But I do understand that in sibling relationships or even friend relationships, one or the other or both parties find themselves [saying], "I wouldn't have these problems [if I were you]." But I like the dynamic. And I think Kathleen Munroe is great. That's another thing, too--having the experience of doing this as long as I have, to have an actress like that come in. It was just so amazing how so much of it was unspoken. It just kind of clicked, and she just kind of fell right in stride. It gave me sort of a challenge and just informed the character so much to have a different sort of relationship.

CSI Files: There really is a great sibling-like dynamic between you two!

Cahill: That kind of surprised me. Because you read the script and you never know--it all moves so fast, you don't quite know how it's going to play out. That was a real pleasant surprise, when I got down there. I had this experience with a guest star the other day, this kid who was playing a Nazi-kind of character. This kid was so poised, he was fucking scary in so many ways, that suddenly I find myself five seasons into this show going, "What the hell do I do here? I can't just dance around this guy. I can't Flack him until the scene's over, it's just not going to work with him!" And it was really kind of fascinating. On the same token, to have someone like Kathleen come in, well I can't treat her [like some ordinary suspect]. A lot of experiences on this show are dealing with Mac, dealing with Danny, or dealing with any one of our other characters, and then dealing with people who he for the most part thinks are guilty or actually are guilty, and he's got kind of a way of doing that. There have been a couple of moments this season where I've been forced rethink [my approach], where maybe the snark's not going to work or the kind of just bearing down isn't going to work, where I have to change it up. So that's the joy of having different qualities of relationships pop up.

CSI Files: Obviously Flack had a turning point when he realized that Sam was struggling with an alcohol problem. How do you think that will inform their relationship on his part?

Cahill: For my money, it sort of reinforced that his sister is a human being. It would be nice if we saw the payoff of that. You get into the habit of treating your siblings a certain way, maybe because we identify with the role we play in the family, but then as you grow up, you find yourself forced to rethink how you see people, people you are the most intimate with. And I think there's a great challenge in that, and I think he's now realized that his sister is not so easily dealt with, that he can't just kind of swoop in and say, "Hey, listen, do this, this, that and the other thing and all will work out" and she's just going to buy that. That's maybe what he did in the past and that worked. So [the realization] will force him to see she's somebody that's suffering and not just out there being a dip. She's hurt. Rather than having her being a disciplinary problem, he has to deal with it, or at least come up against the feelings of, "What do I do?" Not, "Oooh, Sam. Here you go again. Stop doing that or I'm going to tell Dad on you."

CSI Files: Didn't he threaten to tell Dad at one point?

Cahill: I think it was more a threat of "I'm going to cut you off like Dad cut you off." No more bullshit, no more exploiting us.

CSI Files: Do you think we'll see Sam again?

Cahill: I hope so. I don't know if we'll see her again this season. I kind of think [we'll see her again], but I don't have any word on it either way, but I certainly hope so. I have to believe that she will be coming back at some point because I know that everybody's on board with her and the relationship. I know everybody liked that relationship on the show. But as is the case [with the show], the first half of the season, we kind of got involved in aspects of my character's life, and then they move on for a bit, go away and then we'll come back. That's what they do.

CSI Files: Earlier you mentioned Flack's issues. What do you think those are exactly?

Cahill: I think part of [his strength] is compensating for something. That's as far as I can guess. I think he's an honest guy, I think he's an extremely well intended guy, but there's an air about him, too, where there's something he does to maybe keep his distance. He might be a little distant. And I don't know this--none of this is founded on [the character bio] but I sort of feel that, like he might be a little bit of an arm's length guy. He'll do anything for you but he'll never ask you to do anything for him. He'll get right in there for you, but he's not going to [ask for the same back]. And you may not ever know that you were left out. He sort of feels like one of those guys.

CSI Files: It's interesting because that seems to describe his relationship with Danny (Carmine Giovinazzo). Flack has been there for Danny countless times, but the reverse has never been true. Do you think that's more because of Danny or more because of Flack?

Cahill: I think it's probably more because Flack. I just think he'd be less inclined to make his things known, or more inclined to go, "I can help you, I can help me. I don't need you; I'm just going to do this all on my own." Which I think maybe over the course of the series will come and get him at some point, or he'll have to deal with that and maybe call for some help. That's another relationship that I really like. Big time.

CSI Files: We didn't even really see Danny reach out to Flack in "Rush to Judgment" after Flack was pulled off active duty under the suspicion that he'd possibly killed a suspect during an interrogation. Were you at all surprised that given the closeness of the two, that didn't happen?

Cahill: I don't know if it's a question that they didn't want to overkill it. I think there's just a structure to the show that in a moment of peril on the job, Gary [Sinise, Mac Taylor] and Melina [Kanakaredes, Stella Bonasera]'s characters are the figures in that respect. I don't think it was a comment on the relationship between Danny and Flack at all. I think they also felt in some respects that maybe there is a strong enough relationship between those two characters to let that be unsaid, implied that off camera they're working that out. But there was a lot going on in that episode with Angell, with Mac, with the kid, kind of working that out--they had other things to go with, too.

CSI Files: Danny and Flack have been bantering a lot together this season. Has that been fun?

Cahill: Yeah, that's fun. And even more fun by what I was talking about earlier, that as the time goes on, there's less and less you feel you can do wrong, so the banter becomes more and more fun. And there's an editor in there, too, in case it gets out of hand! You find the room to play. The playground gets a little bigger.

CSI Files: Flack has gotten into a relationship with Detective Angell this season. What do you think it is that draws the two of them together?

Cahill: I think quite literally [it] was the episode ["Dead Inside"], the second time Sam came around and Angell kind of got involved. What I chose to kind of go on with that was that they were brought closer by her involvement with his conflict with his sister. Like I was saying, he might keep things a little bit at an arm's length and she sort of found herself inside of that without him necessarily letting [her in] or including [her]. And I think there was that he might have been moved by her concern, that that in itself was a connection. And I think it was a nice moment at the end with the kiss and all that. I think in some respects he's not necessarily the wordiest of guys, so he's not going to sit down and pour his heart out, but he was overwhelmed with something and that was how he chose to cross that bridge.

CSI Files: So you think that was definitely their first kiss, the first time anything like that had happened between them?

Cahill: I think so, yeah. Or maybe not. It was certainly the first time it happened with [Emmanuelle and me]! But maybe not. They had been kind of teetering on that. It graduated from the "well, maybe" into flirtation into "oh, okay, I like this." There might be something [here].

CSI Files: Their relationship was built on in this most recent episode "Rush to Judgment" when she went into testify to IAB and found out their relationship was public knowledge. Do you feel she was being unsupportive of him when she questioned him about word about their relationship getting out when he was focused on his ordeal?

Cahill: I think that's one of those [instances] where we're always the most focused on what's going on in our heads. And I thought that was a great moment at the desk where she comes in [to talk to him]. And I love the way that moment played, where she says to him, "Hey, how does everybody know about this? Now it's harder for me to help because this thing is public, which I think is two-fold. One, it makes it harder for me to help you out with IAB, and two, how the fuck do people know about this?" And in that moment, he says to her, "I hear what you're saying, but I have bigger things to worry about." And she gets that. I don't think the relationship is so polarized. That's what I like about the relationship: it doesn't necessarily have to be exclusively contentious or exclusively lovey-dovey. It's built on patience. It's like, "Hey, I feel this way" and then, "Listen, I can't really worry about that right now." They tend to come together well in that moment. I like that it's not necessarily either/or. When two people like each other, the intention is that they'll continue to like each other, and then when [problems arise], they'll try to work them out. Not, you went this way and I went that way, but more of, because we've engaged each other in this way, and we're in this situation, this is what comes up. It was a quick moment of priorities, and it was nice to have it work out. Emmanuelle and I, as well as the writers, are kind of careful with that. I want this relationship to be born out of something positive. It can get confusing and it can get all that stuff, but I don't want it to necessarily to be, "I'm going one way, you're going the other." Or we're both going exactly the same direction all of the time. But give the characters something to handle.

Dernière édition par Lindsay le Mar 10 Fév - 0:58, édité 2 fois
Lindsay
Admin
Lindsay

Interviews Empty
MessageSujet: Re: Interviews   Interviews EmptyMar 10 Fév - 0:57

CSI Files: It's a nice contrast to the relationship between Danny and Lindsay (Anna Belknap), who seem to constantly be at odds. Flack and Angell seem more adult.

Cahill: Absolutely. It creates different relationships and different characters relate [to each other] differently. Just because it's a romantic storyline on a show doesn't mean it plays out exactly the same way or should be viewed in the same way [as other romantic relationships on that show]. It's different characters. I think in the moment, that the writers have managed to find a nuance so that the relationships don't look too much alike. So it's not like when on X show, this is what it looks like when you're in a relationship. You've got Danny and Lindsay, and Flack and Angell. And you've got all the other relationships that aren't romantic.

CSI Files: There does seem to be a lot of romance on the show these days. Were you surprised by the decision to put Flack into a relationship?

Cahill: Maybe a little bit. There were certainly rumblings--I think ideas had been kicked around--but yeah, a little bit surprised. But I didn't have the carpet pulled out from under me.

CSI Files: It is nice to see that side of Flack.

Cahill: Yeah, it is, and it gives him a different outlet, too. What I do like the most is that it was born out of a moment involving another relationship. So it kind of gave him a whole separate place to live in for an episode or two. When he's got the sister and then there are other things happening on the side, it didn't inappropriately interject [the romance]. There seems to be a bit of an organic lift to it all. The intention was there; you play with it and you play with it, and then when the door opens, you walk through.

CSI Files: How did you feel about "Rush to Judgment" when you first got the script?

Cahill: I loved the episode when I read it. What I liked about it was he had to come up against the bureaucratic machine, which he employs to his advantage at times, too, so there was great conflict in that.

CSI Files: Flack handled the situation very calmly and almost passively at some points. Is that how you would have expected him to react?

Cahill: Well, I think it's one of those moments where you can only do so much. There's just a way in which that machine works. It stood out to me in that scene where he's being interviewed by the IAB. He goes, "Well, wait a second--what about giving a guy the benefit of the doubt?" There was just one of those moments where you step slightly to the left of the line, and now you're being treated as if you don't have no past, as if you'd never done anything right. I think he was frustrated by being treated like a common criminal and that there was really no way around that. His record doesn't speak for him in those moments. Suddenly he was on the verge of losing maybe what is the most important thing he has: his badge. I also think he's one of those guys who identifies very heavily with the badge. It might offer him a sense of who he is. I don't get the impression that was he to lose the job, [he would handle it well]. I think this is what he does. I think the idea of losing that was terrifying to him. Where we saw that was in his anger and frustration. And had he lost the job, it would have been a whole different ball of wax. But I'm not complaining that it didn't go that way! I like my job on the show.

From my standpoint, what's been great about this season in particular, it's nice to not always win. That's informed decisions as well. As an actor, I play every scene to get what I want. However small, however big, whatever the moment, you're playing it to win in some respects. To get information, to get an answer--whatever it may be. And it's really intriguing to pursue something and not get it, especially having been in the habit of getting it all the time. So it was fun to live in that space for a minute.

CSI Files: How do you feel about the end of the episode where Flack is packing up in the end to go right before Mac approaches him? Do you think Flack would just give up that easily?

Cahill: I think he was probably going to go to watch the Ranger game! I don't think it was a matter of quitting, it was just a matter of, you know what, enough's enough for today. I'm not doing this. I'm not going to hang around here and do nothing. I think a lot of stuff, [it helps] if you see it as smaller moments in time and not these pivotal decisions. It was just, I'm not doing this today. I'm out of here. I'll try this again tomorrow, and to see if I can find my place.

CSI Files: So it wasn't a moment of Flack going, "I'm done forever."

Cahill: No, no, but I think in that moment it was exactly that. "I'm done today. I can't get the better of this situation today, so I'm out." There was defeat in that moment, but I don't think it was a giant statement. And the Rangers were playing.

CSI Files: Flack has places to be! Did they put the Rangers reference in for you?

Cahill: Yeah, they did! There has been a nice run of Ranger mentions, which is fun. That's stuff that's been born out of ad-libs, too.

CSI Files: Mac never really doubted in Flack's innocence at any time, whereas in the past we've seen him question other characters like Danny and Hawkes (Hill Harper) when they fell under suspicion. Why do you think Mac was so certain of Flack's innocence?

Cahill: There's a level of familiarity between those two characters that has almost existed since day one. I think that although they're entirely different in a lot of ways, in some respects they're cut from the same cloth. I've always felt that in that relationship, there is less that needs to be said. There's just an inherent understanding. He may go this way, I may go that way, but we're going to end up in the same place. And I've enjoyed that played out with Gary, too. There's a respect born out of understanding there, there's just something very similar. One is just smarter than the other, or he knows more, I should say. Maybe it's one of those [relationships] where Mac sees a little bit of himself in Flack in a way. You know how some people you meet and it's just like, I get that, when there's something really kind of similar.

CSI Files: So you think that's why Mac didn't doubt in Flack's innocence at all?

Cahill: Yeah. And maybe he chose not to doubt. There's no history in the playing of the show that he'd have any reason to doubt. I think there's enough experience that the two have together to kind of know. You know somebody. We all have different kinds of friends. When someone comes to you and says, "Bobby just held up a bank." And you say, "Well, alright, yeah, I know Bobby held up a bank. He's been stealing Tootsie Pops from me since I was six. So that makes sense to me." But I think it was so out of character. Essentially that would have been a straight up homicide. If Flack were in fact guilty of killing that kid, then that's just a straight up killing. There's no reason why he would have, and I think that Mac has dealt with that temper enough--and I think that Flack does have a temper--that there was just no reason to [think Flack was guilty].

CSI Files: Would you have preferred the episode had been played more ambiguously? No one in the audience thought that Flack killed this scrawny, scared 17-year-old kid, but what if it had been the big guy jumping on Angell's desk? Would you have rather seen it played out where it was a question where maybe Flack had snapped or been in a situation where he had to get violent?

Cahill: Yeah, I mean, I think certainly living in ambiguity is more compelling in that way. But it's also hard to do with the show. I couldn't pretend to know how to accomplish that and make the audience believe with something that big. But then if we do see the character make a mistake on that level, that's game over. You no longer have a job. Whether it's a big guy or a little guy, it's hard to create that situation where you believe the character is actually endangering everything. I wouldn't know how to do that off the top of my head. I think that's what we go for, and I think we accomplish versions of it, but that's really hard to do.

CSI Files: We really saw Flack's temper in "All in the Family" when he was chasing Danny around Manhattan after Danny's gun was stolen by Rikki Sandoval (Jacqueline Pinol). Why do you think that got under Flack's skin so much and really set him off?

Cahill: Probably fear in that moment. Speaking of tense, that was actually well done in terms of keeping it going, because anything could have happened in that moment. It's always a question of what is justifiable homicide in that realm. But I think it was fear. I think there was a bit more of a crisis going on. It was less of a feeling of what we didn't think this person did do, but what she may do. I like it when we have serial killers or people who need to be stopped. It brings out a whole different [aspect]. Before the fact things get a little fiery--when you're scared to lose something, a friend, or scared for somebody else, it's pressing. So his frustration might come out a little bit harder, your fear might come out a little bigger. It was a crisis moment.

CSI Files: During the stand off between Rikki and Ollie in the alley in that episode, when Danny got in between them, do you think Flack would have actually shot Rikki if he thought she was going to fire on Danny?

Cahill: Oh yeah. Without a doubt. But I say that very easily, but I don't think that's a light decision. That's the most interesting [dilemma]. You hit on what's the greatest thing about those moments when you do pull your gun. Nobody wants to shoot anybody, but yeah, I think so. I'm sure he didn't know it!

CSI Files: It was a really a great scene--you don't usually have tension like that where you care about everybody who's involved.

Cahill: When you want everybody to win, those are the compelling situations. You know someone's going to lose. You create that good Super Bowl intensity, then you've got a great episode.

CSI Files: We've heard that Flack is going to be speaking Gaelic in an upcoming episode!

Cahill: Yeah, I speak Irish!

CSI Files: Do you really speak Irish?

Cahill: No, I don't speak Irish. I've been around people who actually speak Irish, but it's not a language I speak.

CSI Files: Is that going to be a big challenge for you?

Cahill: We just shot it. We had guys on set who knew the pronunciations. There's no phonetic reference for that language at all, so it would have been an immense challenge were it not to have help. But I'm nervous about it! After a couple of takes, I looked at the writer and said, "Does that even sound like a language?" But it was fun. It is an odd skill, shared by Flack and .05% of the world's population!

CSI Files: So Flack has hidden talents!

Cahill: I like that. I do think there's something kind of eccentric about Flack that I really appreciate.

CSI Files: Yeah, he'll sometimes bust out something really quirky, like the Dr. Who reference he made in "Time's Up".

Cahill: Same writer as a matter of fact--that's Trey [Callaway].

CSI Files: Can you tease anything that's coming up for Flack in upcoming episodes?

Cahill: You've kind of seen it! There's nothing Flack-wise that I know of. It was a real Flack-heavy start to the season, so I don't know. In terms of the relationships we've opened up, I don't know what's coming with Sam or even Angell. I don't think anything new is coming. Now they're breaking that critical point in the season, those last two or three episodes, so anything could happen.

CSI Files: Is there anything you'd like to see at some point for Flack, even if it's not this season?

Cahill: One day--and I'm in no rush for this to happen--I would like to, when the time is right, [see] the father. I think there could be something in that. Like every other relationship we've seen, I'd like to see it done in a similar way. The nice thing about having Sam there is, certainly she's been involved in the case. I would just like that done the way we've done the other two [relationships]. But that's one thing, since season one, episode one, I've been curious about the dad. I'd want to hold out to get the right actor and really figure out what [that relationship] would be.

CSI Files: Do you have anyone in mind that you'd love to see to play Flack's father?

Cahill: I'm wide open, but I love the idea of Brian Dennehy. He's great. I would love Brian Dennehy to play Flack's dad. He did Law & Order recently. I don't know why that's one guy who's always stuck out to me. He's a big, imposing Irish figure. Maybe there's a scene where the two of them are speaking Irish back and forth!

CSI Files: Where would you like to see the relationship with Angell go?

Cahill: I don't know. I like how it's moving. I'm a big fan of patience, to let it do what it [will]. I have no idea what their plans are at this point. I like where it's at. I think where it's become a part of the life but it's not the focus. I don't think it's gotten to a point where it's pulling unnecessary attention. There's an organic way in which it's moving. I don't want to force it any which way. I don't know where they [will] go, but I like that it's there.
Miss Angell

Miss Angell

Perso(s) Préféré(s) : Lindsay, Don et Jess

Interviews Empty
MessageSujet: Re: Interviews   Interviews EmptyVen 27 Nov - 17:45

merci pour toutes ces info!!!!

grâce a vous je vais pouvoir sérieusement réviser mon anglais!!

et j'aurai trop aimé que ça dur plus entre Don et Jess..
dommage de la crise et des restriction budgétaire!!
perlnoir
perlnoir

Interviews Empty
MessageSujet: Re: Interviews   Interviews EmptyLun 11 Jan - 17:23

Citation :
Interview: Eddie Cahill
Posted by Kristine Huntley - 11/01/10 at 07:01 am
‘CSI: NY’’s Detective Flack discusses his character’s emotional journey this season with CSI Files’ Kristine Huntley in an exclusive interview. Light spoilers inside.

Eddie Cahill’s character, Detective Don Flack, went through the wringer at the end of last season, when his girlfriend was shot and killed—and in turn, Flack killed her murderer. Cahill shares his thoughts on the storyline with CSI Files, as well as where he thinks Flack is in the grieving process.

CSI Files: This has been an exciting season for Flack so far. Were you surprised by the trajectory his grief and guilt after the death of his girlfriend Jessica Angell (Emmanuelle Vaugier) took him on?

Eddie Cahill: Maybe in retrospect, I’m surprised. I wear a certain set of blinders when I go in and look at things and it’s only after doing it, when it’s finished, that I look back and go, oh holy shit, that’s kind of different for the character and any sort of involvement that my character has ever had on the show. With some of the stuff that’s been going on this year, I’ve been slightly more included than I have been in years past, just in terms that people will mention, “Oh, something’s going to happen. This is coming up for you–we’re thinking of this or we’re thinking of that. We’re not sure how it’s going to play out but this is kind of what’s getting kicked around.” So by the time story gets to me, it just kind of feels, yeah, this is what happens next. But when I look back at it now, I’m almost surprised at the nature of this story arc. We do things so concisely–there’s very little room to put air in our show. so to get an arc across like that is a bit of an undertaking, and I’m quite happy with how it turned out.

CSI Files: Most storylines are resolved within the space of a few episodes–either in a row or spread out–but Flack’s ordeal really lasted for the first part of season six.

Cahill: Yeah, and I’m happy that they didn’t shy away from a fundamental component of it. At the end of last season, it was so obvious that this guy’s girlfriend had been killed that people kind of looked over the fact that he killed somebody! That, for my money, was really the defining moment going forward. Mourning the loss of anybody sucks, don’t get me wrong, and certainly the closer they are to you, the harder [it is]. That’s its own re-identification process in dealing with that. But killing somebody? That’s a line very few people cross. So in some respect—no disrespect to the memory of Jessica Angell, God bless her—that took a little bit of a backseat because it wasn’t a choice he made. People get defined by their choices, not in what happens to them.

CSI Files: Were you surprised when you learned that Flack was going to kill the man who murdered his girlfriend in “Pay Up”?

Cahill: No, not really. To me, Flack kept it together not because he was somehow morally superior, but because he believed that “that’s what I have to do, that’s the right thing to do”–and then suddenly all that gets thrown out the window. He’s not a psychotic person, he doesn’t wake up every morning and repeat the mantra, but he was doing what he thought was right. And he believed in it it. That was his way of doing things, and then that got shattered. And the cool thing about what happened at the end of last season was that we get a dramatic moment where everything changes in an instant. For me, I got to come and do some totally different things, entirely new kinds of stuff.

CSI Files: How did you feel about how he handled the repercussions of what was essentially a murder?

Cahill: I don’t think he’s done. I don’t know how we’ll see it. I don’t know if it will be addressed again—my feeling is that it’s put to bed for the series, but from just a human standpoint, I don’t think he’s done. I just think he’s changed. I think sometimes we tend to nip it up and close it, and we have to, I understand that, but from a personal standpoint, I think he changed and now he’s different.

CSI Files: He has a really powerful confrontation with Mac (Gary Sinise) in “Cuckoo’s Nest” after Mac approached him several other times to no avail. What do you think it was that got him to finally open up to Mac?

Cahill: I think it was Mac holding his own gun in his face. “I found this.” There again Flack had a moment where he couldn’t deny what he was doing. Before he could say, “Don’t worry about it, we’re good, I’m good.” Then that is that. I think it was that moment. If the character were to go in the other direction in that moment, then he’s really changed. Now he’s bad. Now you’re actually doing the wrong thing. For redemption, you gotta own up.

CSI Files: How do you think Flack reacted to Mac cutting him off in his office before Flack said anything about shooting Simon Cade?

Cahill: I think he knew what Mac was doing. In my mind, that’s better for both of them. Mac being who he is, he’s just letting it go: “I kind of know what happened, but if I hear any more about it, then we have to put it on paper. We have to do some things I don’t necessarily want to do.” That’s one of those moments where you really want to tell one of your friends or someone you really have respect for, but that person can’t know that information for whatever reason—then you just take the high road. “I badly want to get this off my chest but I understand how that puts both you and me in a terrible position, so I’ll just leave that one for the shrink’s office.”

CSI Files: Is there anyone you think Flack can confide in about what happened?

Cahill: I don’t know that he’s necessarily looking for a confidant. Yeah, I’m sure there is, but I don’t know why, apart from seeking professional help, he would tell anybody. Anyone that we know in his world kind of knows. There was that moment when it happened and Danny (Carmine Giovinazzo) passed by. I think everybody knows.

CSI Files: What did you think about the fact that it was confidential informant Terrence Davis (Nelly) who helped Flack out when he was in danger on the train in “Cuckoo’s Nest”?

Cahill: I really like working with Nelly—he’s a lot of fun to have on set—so selfishly speaking, I thought it was great that it was Terrence. And with regards to that relationship, what a great payoff from that first storyline (in “Turbulence”). He’s truly a great guy to work with a lot of fun to be around, and the whole crew of us just [love working with him]. He brings an energy that just makes the day a little more fun. And he’s very good in the role. That role paid off from the end of his first storyline when he said to me, “You and I are going to be friends.” I love it.

CSI Files: How do you think Flack felt when he sobered up and was fully aware that Terrence had really helped him out?

Cahill: If we really want to dig into it, there’s that moment where Flack is cleaning himself up in the mirror and he starts to make digs at Terrence. I think he was embarrassed by it. He would have to be. I do believe there was a way Flack might have held himself a little bit above people. I don’t think he was very excited about it.

CSI Files: Flack has hit the bottle a few times this season on his own. Do you think Flack has a problem with alcohol?

Cahill: I think he has a complicated relationship with alcohol. I think that this was a perfect time in his life for him to seek the comfort of our fermented friend. I don’t think he’s still struggling with that. I don’t think that was part of the problem yet. It wasn’t like whatever happened to him happened and he fell off the wagon–he wasn’t a sober guy. He had that relationship with booze.

CSI Files: He drank afterwards in “Manhattanhenge” when the team went out to celebrate at the end of the episode.

Cahill: You know, I brought that up, kind of half as a joke, and then it became a little bit of an issue. But if you had the character drinking a diet soda at this moment, then he’s an alcoholic. You’ve just said he’s an alcoholic.

CSI Files: Was there ever any talk of Flack becoming an alcoholic over the course of the storyline?

Cahill: No. There was mention of using alcohol as the device, like the scruff. When the scruff was on, the drink was an escape. I think it was just a device. And it’s a good one to show retreat, to show withdrawal. We don’t have a lot of time to put a lot of air in, so sometimes you have to go big, carnival big almost. You might think, oh wow, I didn’t realize he drank at all and now suddenly he’s got a full beard and he’s drunk on the F-train. Well, we gotta do it, because it isn’t going to be around in the next episode.

CSI Files: In addition to Angell getting shot and killed, Flack’s best friend Danny was shot at the end of “Pay Up.” What was Flack’s reaction to that?

Cahill: It’s almost unfortunate that so much happened because it just drove a wedge between characters. Not intentionally, but from a story point, we had to focus on Danny’s shit or we had to focus on Flack’s shit, and the two never really came together. Because we didn’t have storylines where it ever played out, I don’t really know. I didn’t put any thought into it, just because the two experiences were so mutually exclusive. I think because the storylines were so focused on each character, with their own separate worlds, that there was no opportunity to bring it together. But if we did bring the two characters together, then we would have two characters consoling each other, and you’d lose the experience of what happened to them as a result of [the separate incidents]. If he gets shot and I lose my girlfriend, and then in the next scene we’re there having moments over it, then you start to think they’re dealing with it. As oppose to this guy spun off this way, and this guy spun off that way and look what happened. If they were leaning on each other the whole time, it takes some of the severity out of the journey. And then Mac has that half-disciplinary thing with all of us. That character can kind of step in and say, “Hey guy, watch yourself.” With Danny and Flack, there are no checks and balances in that relationship.

CSI Files: How serious were Flack and Angell at the time of her death?

Cahill: I chose to just play it as if they were a lot further along than any of us ever knew. It was somehow more effective. It helped the ending of it play. In some ways it felt like I met Emmanuelle three days before she was shot and killed on the show! There was very little interaction between the characters. Suddenly we flirted and then the next thing I knew we were talking to IAB and our relationship came up, and then she’s dead. That was pretty much the extent of the relationship in a nutshell. Sometimes you have to exaggerate on things to get the personal storylines. So I just chose that whatever happened between the characters happened off camera. And then there was that intimate moment towards the end where they were making out to bring the audience there. We kind of teased the idea, we played with it, so here’s where we are. I think they were together. They were three months away from being engaged.

CSI Files: They were a fun couple, but the audience didn’t see much of them on screen.

Cahill: No, you didn’t. It was a shame, too, because it was kind of getting fun.

CSI Files: What was your reaction when you heard the plan was to kill off Flack’s girlfriend?

Cahill: Honestly my first reaction was for Emmanuelle. I felt bad. It’s so nice to have a job, but they’re all going to end. That’s the nature of what we do; all these jobs are temporary. When you see one end prematurely for yourself or a colleague [it's sad]. So that was my first reaction, the one that really hurt and stayed with me. I think she was great, I thought she was really good on the show. But from a dramatic standpoint, it was great.

CSI Files: Where do you think Flack is in the grieving process right now?

Cahill: I think he’s in the grieving process. Something probably reminds him of her everyday, but that doesn’t necessarily ruin the day. He’s probably got a couple somber breaths throughout the course of the day. He’s not one to burden the world with his feelings.

CSI Files: Can you tease anything that’s coming up for Flack or on the show in general?

Cahill: To be honest with you, I think we’ve gotten through most of what’s big as far as I know. That was a lot for the character. I can pretty well guess based on what’s coming up, I think Danny might find himself in a precarious spot based on something. But I think the attention will turn away from Flack for a minute.
Lino
*Sexy Légiste*
Lino

Perso(s) Préféré(s) : Flack, Sheldon et les autres

Interviews Empty
MessageSujet: Re: Interviews   Interviews EmptyLun 11 Jan - 17:33

J'adore ces grandes interviews où un acteur nous parle un peu de son personnage.

merci Perl
Jersey_07
"Auteure siphonée du bocal"
Jersey_07

Perso(s) Préféré(s) : Adam Ross & Don Flack

Interviews Empty
MessageSujet: Re: Interviews   Interviews EmptyLun 11 Jan - 17:40

Tiens, ça me fait penser qu'il y a une interview de lui dans le CINE REVUE de cette semaine, je vais devoir penser à la poster.

Sinon merci pour celle-ci ^^
zat
It is the quality of ones convictions that determines success" Remus Lupin
zat

Séries suivies : DW, NCIS LA, H 5-0, Arrow, Elementary, POI, Castle, TM, Downton Abbey, TBBT, HIMYM, Beauty and the beast, OUAT, Sherlock, WC, New Girl, Chicago Fire, Revolution
Perso(s) Préféré(s) : Mac, Mahone, Jane, O'Neill, Cal, Sherlock, Ten, Eleven, Rush, Castle, Tesla, Varro, McKay, Clark, Sheldon, Merlin, Reese, Miles, Casey, Severide

Interviews Empty
MessageSujet: Re: Interviews   Interviews EmptyLun 11 Jan - 18:20

Merci perl pour l'interview. J'ai beaucoup aimé. J'aime quand Eddie parle ainsi de son personnage.
Miss Angell

Miss Angell

Perso(s) Préféré(s) : Lindsay, Don et Jess

Interviews Empty
MessageSujet: Re: Interviews   Interviews EmptyLun 11 Jan - 19:46

oh merci!!!
c'est très gentil!!
Lindsay
Admin
Lindsay

Interviews Empty
MessageSujet: Re: Interviews   Interviews EmptyLun 11 Jan - 22:02

Merci Perl pour cette magnifique interview ! respect

Moi aussi j'adore quand les acteurs nous parlent de leur personnage ! coeur
ash

ash

Perso(s) Préféré(s) : Danny et Don !

Interviews Empty
MessageSujet: Re: Interviews   Interviews EmptyLun 11 Jan - 22:21

respect Merci Perl pour cette ITW .