Experts en Séries
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.

Site internet dédié aux séries !

AccueilAccueil  PortailPortail  RechercherRechercher  S'enregistrerS'enregistrer  ConnexionConnexion  
-29%
Le deal à ne pas rater :
PC portable – MEDION 15,6″ FHD Intel i7 – 16 Go / 512Go (CDAV : ...
499.99 € 699.99 €
Voir le deal

Interviews

+18
Miss Angell
ludi
nath
elocia
Madmoizelle Stella
Lys
Justine
Nat
Jersey_07
Isa29
DL_fan
popohoff
Vera
perlnoir
Flo
loveflack
lilou
Lindsay
22 participants
Aller à la page : Précédent  1, 2, 3, 4
AuteurMessage
perlnoir
Looping accessoirement Admin.
perlnoir

Perso(s) Préféré(s) : Danny. Mac. et Jo

Interviews - Page 4 Empty
MessageSujet: Re: Interviews   Interviews - Page 4 EmptyMar 21 Sep - 6:38

Citation :
A.J. Buckley brings the funny to CSI:NY
Star talks about his new Internet show that parodies reality TV

Buckley plays scientist Adam Ross who often lightens things up on the series.
IAN JOHNSTON
Published: September 21, 2010 5:52 p.m.

CSI: New York star A.J. Buckley is the resident comedian on a show that will never, ever be mistaken for a comedy. Still, he’s good with that.

“If you look at the first season of CSI, it was darker, gloomy and really depressing. Not even one joke,” says Buckley who plays scientist Adam Ross on the series.

“I think my character came on in the second season as sort of the light in the darkness.
Whenever there’s a heavy bit, I show up to crack a joke.”

Still, a “joke” on CSI: NY — which begins its seventh season this week — ain’t exactly your usual knee-slapper.

“Sometimes the comedy is just in the scientific jargon. Make it funny they say. And I’m like — just how do you do that? I read them and think – what the hell am I saying?”

Buckley, who was born in Ireland and raised in British Columbia, says changes for the newest season of CSI: NY will be minimal. Original cast member Melina Kanakaradis (who played Stella) has left the show however, and will be replaced this season by Sela Ward.

Which is too bad for Buckley’s character — who had a one-nighter with Stella last season.

“You sleep with me, you leave the show,” jokes Buckley. “Naww, it was sad to see Melina go. But Sela Ward brings an incredible new dynamic.”

Staying with the funny, Buckley recently wrote/directed and starred in an Internet side project, GhostFacers. It’s based on Ed Zeddmore, a character Buckley played on the popular series Supernatural.

A silly parody of paranormal reality series like Ghost Hunters, GhostFacers has become an Internet hit in the last year. More webisodes are already in the works.

“GhostFacers — we’re the real ghost hunters,” Buckley insists. “They’ve never even seen a ghost. We’ve caught ghosts. One of our guys was actually killed by a ghost.”

source: http://www.metronews.ca/vancouver/scene/article/640135--a-j-buckley-brings-the-funny-to-csi-ny--page0
Revenir en haut Aller en bas
https://csi-ny.forumpro.fr
zat
It is the quality of ones convictions that determines success" Remus Lupin
zat

Séries suivies : DW, NCIS LA, H 5-0, Arrow, Elementary, POI, Castle, TM, Downton Abbey, TBBT, HIMYM, Beauty and the beast, OUAT, Sherlock, WC, New Girl, Chicago Fire, Revolution
Perso(s) Préféré(s) : Mac, Mahone, Jane, O'Neill, Cal, Sherlock, Ten, Eleven, Rush, Castle, Tesla, Varro, McKay, Clark, Sheldon, Merlin, Reese, Miles, Casey, Severide

MessageSujet: Re: Interviews   Interviews - Page 4 EmptyMar 21 Sep - 16:42

Merci perl calin
Lindsay
Admin
Lindsay

Séries suivies : TVD, TWD, SVU, NCIS LA
Perso(s) Préféré(s) : Damon (TVD), Deeks, Kensi (NCIS LA), Danny, Mac, Lindsay (csi ny), Daryl, Rick (TWD), Barba, Olivia (SVU)

MessageSujet: Re: Interviews   Interviews - Page 4 EmptyMar 21 Sep - 21:14

Merciiiii Perl pour cette interview !!! calin

Quand il parle du départ de Melina ... sacré AJ ! ptdr
Lisa2105
"Truth or Happiness ... Never both"
Lisa2105

Perso(s) Préféré(s) : Jo, Mac

MessageSujet: Re: Interviews   Interviews - Page 4 EmptyMar 21 Sep - 22:55

Merci pour l'interview Perl' calin biz
Lily~

Lily~

Perso(s) Préféré(s) : Skye, May, Klaus, Elijah

MessageSujet: Re: Interviews   Interviews - Page 4 EmptyLun 27 Sep - 20:39

Merci pour les interviews !
perlnoir
perlnoir

MessageSujet: Re: Interviews   Interviews - Page 4 EmptyLun 15 Nov - 23:28

Citation :
BEFORE THE SCENE with Gary Sinise
by AJ BUCKLEY on NOVEMBER 15, 2010

Before the Scene is where we all start. In a small town with our families. In front of a mirror with our friends. The days spent sleeping on a couch. The nights working at a bar. Living with the unknown and surrounded by uncertainty. It’s about the times that define us. It’s about the darkness just before the limelight.
——–
Gary Sinise is a veteran of the stage and screen. Nominated for an Academy Award for 1994′s Forrest Gump, he has starred on CSI:NY as Detective Mac Taylor since 2004. In 2008, he received the Presidential Citizen Medal for his extensive humanitarian work with the USO.
——–
Q: What made you want to become an actor?
A: I don’t think anything made me become an actor. There were circumstances that came about accidently where I just fell in love with it. That all goes back to high school when I did my first play. I’ll always remember that as being a really significant point. People ask me sometimes what the highlights are of the things I’ve done in my acting life. Right up there is the very first thing I did: the moment I discovered it. You can’t ever take for granted the newness of something like that. It happened when I was a sophomore in high school and I just sort of stumbled on it accidently, or, it accidently stumbled on me. This drama teacher came walking down the hallway and saw me looking pretty scruffy standing with some of the guys in my high school rock band. She turned around and did a double-take, and said, “I’m directing West Side Story and you look perfect for the gang members so come and audition.” So I went in and thought that would be funny to audition for a play but then when I was hanging outside of the audition wondering, “What is an audition, what do you do?” and “I don’t know what this is but I’ll go and see what it is.” I saw all these pretty girls going into the audition and thought, “Well, I’m going to go in and see what this is about.” And then I ended up auditioning. I had no idea what I was doing, I was stumbling through [it] and trying to read it and I didn’t know what I was doing but I was cracking everybody up and everyone was laughing. She cast me in the show and I went to rehearsals and the whole thing began for me right there. And by the end of the show, I just cried like a baby when it was over. It had touched me so much. I discovered this brand new thing and that was really important.

Q: What was your biggest fear about acting?
A: That I would be terrible. Embarrass myself and everyone around me. And because of that, it makes you work harder, no matter what; you always have that fear of just being insufficient for what you’re supposed to be doing. Even now I never take it for granted that I’m going to be just able to go out there and do it, I always have to make sure I know where I’m going. It makes you work a little harder when you’re a little fearful of being bad.

Q: What was your lowest point, where maybe you thought, “I don’t know if this is right for me”?
A: I had a little bit of a different path, having started a theater company that was actually progressing and holding itself together because of the personalities and the people that were involved in it in Chicago. There was this sense of community and strength around it. Now were there low points during that time? Yes, there were. There were moments where I didn’t think the theater company was going to work and there were moments where I took a break from the theater, tried to come out to Hollywood back in the late ‘70s and make it in the movies and couldn’t get an audition to save my life, couldn’t get an agent. It was very difficult to be seen when you had no credentials, no name, no education because I didn’t go to college and have a theater background. All I had was this theater company that I started with my pals and at that time, nobody knew who we were. Now it’s a very well known theater company, but at that time nobody knew who we were. We were a very local, small company in Chicago and it wasn’t well known. At that point, I remember being in Hollywood and getting very bitter about stuff. When you’re young and can’t get anything going, you just start thinking everything’s terrible. You start trying to find excuses for why you can’t get work and it’s usually all because of somebody else. It’s their fault all the time, and it’s not your fault, ever.

Q: What kept you from walking away?
A: My theater company. I stayed in Hollywood for about a year in a half to try to get some jobs in the late ‘70s. My theater company was still growing and changing in Chicago, so I went back. I was a founder of it, but at that time, I was not running it. I went back and within a year, I became [its] artistic director. Then I started directing and directed some plays that started getting attention and the theater company started to get attention when we started taking our plays to New York and we just kept growing. So, having the solid family of theater peers in Chicago kept me, and many others, going through the time when you question everything.

Q: Who was your closest ally?
A: My wife, Moira. I have dear friends who were allies but we would always disagree creatively. It was a hotbed of exciting creative, electric energy that was always in conflict with itself because people wanted to go this way with it or go that way. So, we were constantly butting heads, which made us better all the time. The fighting with each other and the debating, the challenging…[it] made us all better actors. But through all those times of questioning my leadership of the company and whether I was trying to take [it] in the right way. Through all of that, my wife Moira, was always solid in my corner. Whenever I would get to feeling a lack of confidence in what I was trying to do, she was always very solid. We went through our times in the relationship when we questioned, but through the strong times, the clear times in our relationship, she was always my strongest ally.

Q: What were you doing the morning before that one audition that changed your life?
A: I would say the Forrest Gump audition [was] a career changing moment because that movie was such a popular movie and such a success. But you know, there has been a ton of those kinds of moments, where things were new and something changed and you just all of a sudden you find yourself here and you make a decision and something happens.

Q: Is there one time in particular that stands out?
A: It’s hard for me to remember what I was doing the morning I auditioned for Forrest Gump, but I do remember this: it was a Vietnam veteran… I have Vietnam veterans in my family and I had been very, very active with Vietnam veterans groups throughout the ‘80s, so when I read it, I really wanted to play the part. I knew what to do with it. I knew guys like that and I thought I could do it. I auditioned for it and then I called my agent and I asked, “What happened?” They were like, “Well, they are going to think about it, they auditioned a lot of people, they are not sure which way they are going to go.” So I said okay, well, that’s the way of the world here in Hollywood.

[At that point], I had done Of Mice and Men, and it was a success. Not a box office success, but critically it did well and some directors around town were interested in working with me. In fact, there were three movies I was up for at that time. One, I did a screen test for and it was between me and another guy, the other one I was just very close to it, and I just forgot about Forrest Gump.

About three weeks later, my manager called and said, “Looks like you might get Forrest Gump.” I am not going to name the other movies, but they were huge disappointments, real failures. But I would have taken them had I got them. And luckily, Forrest Gump came along and I got to do that and that was a good thing.

Q: What were the words that kept you going?
A: I have always been the kind of person that doesn’t wait around. I don’t know why that is. I go back to the second and third grade and I was the kid in the neighborhood that would get the other kids together for the volleyball game or the baseball game. I was the kid that was the organizer. On the music front, I was always the guy that kind of led the band. So, I had this sort of do-it-yourself attitude about a lot of things. I think part of it came from an overcompensating for an inadequacy that I would feel, like I wasn’t good academically at school, so I would do other stuff.

When I graduated from high school I started a theatre company and I was just always trying to compensate for what I felt were flaws on the education side. I got terrible grades straight from kindergarten to high school. I didn’t graduate with my class because I didn’t have enough credits, so I had to go back and take another semester to make up for stuff I didn’t do. So I was constantly trying to overcome these inadequate feelings by building stuff, and doing physical labor rather than talking. I think that attitude has gotten me through a lot of difficult stuff. Over the years, I have tried to make up for that stuff that I feel I may not have learned as I young person and I have learned to rely on those instincts a lot more, rely on the intuitive nature of what you are feeling a little bit more. You know, because now, I’ve been through it so many times, you learn how to get through it, you’ve done it before, you know how to get through it, you can get through it again. The more of those little battles that you win, the more confident you are in your abilities to get through those types of things.

Q: What words would you give to people that are going through a time; do you have some words inspiration?
A: Look. I go out and I do a lot of different types of things. I see a lot of people that don’t have a lot of stuff and are going through really difficult times in their lives. Yet they somehow over come them. You know, parents that lose a child in the war. A soldier who loses his limbs or his sight or has a brain injury, or kids that have lost a parent: these people are going through a really serious thing. Yet somehow, and I am constantly amazed, people get through these things in their lives, if you look at it and you listen to the stories from people that have faced tremendous obstacles in their lives and overcome them. There is truly a resiliency and strength in the human spirit and in what people can do.

I know one guy who is amazing: his name is Story Musgrave. If you look at what he went through in his childhood and what he accomplished in his life… getting five PhDs, becoming an astronaut and a scientist, flying on the shuttle six times, repairing the Hubble telescope. There are some remarkable people out there and there are people that get through really serious things and I am always inspired by what folks get through. You may think there is no possible way they are going to get through it and then they do. They look back on it and they pass their stories on to new generations to give them hope and inspiration and that has happened for centuries. Those stories get passed down over and over and over and we learn from them and we say, “If they can get through that then maybe I can get through this.”
——–
Over the past six years, AJ has starred as Adam Ross on the hit TV show CSI:NY, soon to premiere in its new time slot, Friday nights at 9pm. Originally from Dublin, he has spent the past ten years in Los Angeles acting and writing. AJ is also currently writing and starring in the web series Ghostfacers for Warner Bros www.GhostFacers.com., and has the romantic comedy Christmas Mail opening this winter. Find out more at www.ajbuckley.net.

Tagged as: AJ Buckley, Before the Scene, CSI:NY, Gary Sinise

source : http://scenelouisiana.com/before-the-scene-with-gary-sinise/2010/11/
darkangels05

darkangels05

Perso(s) Préféré(s) : Adam Ross

MessageSujet: Re: Interviews   Interviews - Page 4 EmptyMar 16 Nov - 20:07

Voici quelque info sur AJ qui vient du site http://www.ahalife.com/profile/3674/aj-buckley/

Name: A.J. Buckley
Expertise: Actor, writer, co-owner of Louisiana's Scene Magazine
Location: Los Angeles by the way of Dublin, Ireland via Vancouver

Interests: Race cars and becoming a real-life ninja.

Background: Always green screen.

Why did you curate this product and what do you love about it? Why would I deny myself the pleasure?

Favorite meal: Macaroni and cheese.

Recent purchase: Pool table and a big cactus for my patio.

Hidden talent: Toy designer.

Book/film recommendation: Book: Many Lives, Many Masters by Brian L. Weiss. Film: 2005 French film, 13 Tzameti

Restaurant recommendation: Blue Ribbon Sushi in New York.

If I had $20, I’d… : Always bet on black.

Transformative travel experience: Visiting the troops in Iraq.

Favorite neighborhood: Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood.

Dream holiday: Any time I get to spend with my family.

If I could solve one problem, it would be: Carbon recycling.

I wish people cared more about: Arsenio Hall.

Recent big aha!: LSU football tailgating and mantraenergy.com

The world would be a better place if: We stopped talking and started listening.

.http://www.ahalife.com/profile/3674/aj-buckley/

http://mysterinseries.wifeo.com
perlnoir
perlnoir

MessageSujet: Re: Interviews   Interviews - Page 4 EmptyMar 14 Juin - 23:30

Citation :
This Canadian actor chats with CTV.ca about his learning ability, his newfound passion for environmental work, Twitter on the set of “CSI: NY” and his first memories of moving to Los Angeles.

AJ Buckley, who was born in Ireland and raised in British Columbia, plays Adam Ross on the “CSI” spinoff, “CSI: NY,” which stars Gary Sinise and Sela Ward. His character Adam is the team’s lab rat, though he’s gotten his hands dirty before going deep on a case.

Buckley made his first appearance on “CSI: NY” in season two, and shortly became a full-time presence on the series.

“CSI: NY” returns this fall on CTV.

On dealing with dyslexia:

“I’ve struggled with it my whole life, and I don’t look at it as a disability, it just made me work harder. At times it gets frustrating, but you have to apply yourself more. It’s trying sometimes, especially with the dialog I have to say on set… I could not be saying harder dialog with this type of reading problem. Some words are just so hard to say, so adding that on top, I’ve got my work cut out for me.

“In school, it was tough. I was never really good in school. Years ago, they really didn’t know, per se, how to deal with it like they deal with it now. There wasn’t the ability to improve it as much. Not to say I was just pushed along, but they just couldn’t understand why I couldn’t process the information as well as the other kids. And I didn’t get it for the longest time. Until I was 17 or 18, I didn’t understand what it was. A lot of times too, I hid it, it was really embarrassing, just from a grammar level to spelling, or reading out loud. I would have a panic attack. It was embarrassing. And then when I wanted to be an actor, not being able to read out loud, it made me work harder at it. And be open with it, as opposed to hiding from it. It is crazy how many people suffer from it.

“You’ve got to deal with it. Rise to the occasion. Somebody once said to me, that the only way I was going to get through this, was to apply myself. You’ve got to work through it. You’ve got to deal with it; it’s going to be with you for the rest of your life. Work hard. Once you have that mentality, then you build that muscle up. Don’t be too hard on yourself; it’s something you can totally get through.

On becoming the celebrity spokesperson for Mantra Venture Group, which is a collective of sustainable energy and recycling companies focused on environmental initiatives.

“It’s a carbon recycling company. The company approached me, they sent me some material and I got really passionate about the company itself, and what they’re about and what they’re trying to do with the planet. They’re leading the way in carbon recycling technology, their LED lighting technology. They’re Vancouver-based, Canadian. I told them I would love to be the face of the company. I get to be a part of something at such an important time on this planet, with everyone focused on such a problem, carbon. I think this company can have a big impact at erasing the carbon footprint.

“I go around to these trade shows and speak at different summits, bringing awareness to people my age and younger, certain people within that company couldn’t reach. When you boil down the real facts and statistics of what carbon monoxide is doing to this planet… to not feel like you have to do something… I don’t think you’re human.

“It’s funny, I’ve gotten to travel around the world, and being from a place like Vancouver, which is so clean and ahead of so many places that I’ve been to, it shocks me that a big country like America is so behind in certain things, or it’s dismissed as a big a problem as it really is. These bigger corporations have not been at the forefront to make things better, to put money into this technology and help with the planet. That for me was part of why I got passionate about this company.

“There was a windstorm in L.A., and the morning after there was no smog, and I could see the mountains. And I was like… ‘There’s mountains? Snowcap mountains?’ That’s insane, I’ve been there for thirteen years and I’ve never seen that view before, seeing the mountains in the distance.

“I don’t know everything about the science and the technology. For me to come in and approach it… I’m an everyday person, I’m not an actor, just a person who needs to know and educate myself about this and spread the word. Coming from that point of view, just learning about it, and having a voice, for me, was a really, really important thing.”

On the emergence of Twitter as the social media tool choice on the set of “CSI: NY.”

“Hill was first, then I was second, then Gary came on, and Carmine just started. Sela just started. It’s funny. There’s a fake Eddie. Everybody talks to each other. It’s funny seeing Gary Twitter, because he gets really excited about it, he loves it. I remember when Hill took pictures on set, and Gary would ask, ‘What’s this picture for?’ And when he was told it was for Twitter, he would go, ‘Twitter?’ And now he’s like, ‘Guys, let’s take a picture for Twitter.’ But Gary is great because he does so much work with the troops, and a lot of his followers are guys who have been in the service, so it has an emotional connection for the people he talks to. It’s his way to have access, in the best way possible, with his band and stuff.”

On his first memories of moving to Los Angeles early in his career:

“Yeah, I was in Highland Gardens a couple days, we stayed at the Pinnacle on Fuller, the Oakwoods, all those places that every Canadian actor goes to. But then I rented a house, and it was me, Dave Paetkau (“Flashpoint”), Nick Stahl, Jacob Tierney… sharing a house together, fresh off the boat from Canada. It was like, ‘The Canadians are here!’ We were so Canadian. I remember six of us went to a beach party in Malibu, it was our first party, next door to Di Caprio’s house or something like that. I was like, ‘I’m in Malibu, this is overwhelming.’ I knew at that point, looking around, this is going to be a fun ride. I was like, ‘I’m in.’

“It was emotionally hard, because I was close with my family, just to leave home, you never think about the day, when you do it’s a tough thing. My parents come down to Los Angeles a lot.”

About Tyrone

Tyrone Warner has been with CTV.ca since 2005, covering news, entertainment and everything related to CTV. When he’s away from the computer, you can find him writing, recording and performing his own music, running his own record label and dabbling in photography, painting and creative collage. Follow him on Twitter!

source: http://shows.ctv.ca/CSINY/article/I-have-dyslexia-CSI-NY-star-AJ-Buckley#c_0
Lisa2105
"Truth or Happiness ... Never both"
Lisa2105

Perso(s) Préféré(s) : Jo, Mac

MessageSujet: Re: Interviews   Interviews - Page 4 EmptyVen 17 Juin - 22:12

Merci pour l'interview Perl' calin
perlnoir
perlnoir

MessageSujet: Re: Interviews   Interviews - Page 4 EmptyVen 22 Juil - 18:03

Citation :
Interview: A.J. Buckley
Posted by Shane Saunders - 22/07/11 at 02:07 am

The CSI: NY cast is back to work this week as production for the upcoming eighth season starts up. Taking time out of his busy filming schedule AJ Buckley, who plays geeky lab tech Adam Ross, spoke with CSI Files’ Shane Saunders about the odds of season eight being the series’ last, details surrounding the upcoming season premiere, and… actors from Twilight guest starring. Spoilers inside!

Spoiler:

Shane Saunders is a freelance writer and reviewer. His work can be seen on EDGE Network and ShaneSSaunders.com.
perlnoir
perlnoir

MessageSujet: Re: Interviews   Interviews - Page 4 EmptyVen 9 Mar - 1:14

Citation :
AJ Buckley
Thursday 8 March 2012

On a recent visit home to Dublin, CSI: NY star AJ Buckley chatted with Suzanne Byrne about living his childhood dream and how he plans to mark his dad's passing.

AJ Buckely returned home to Dublin recently
We thought the Guinness Storehouse would be the perfect location to meet AJ Buckley, star of worldwide hit CSI: NY; so he could enjoy the views of his home city while we chatted on his short trip home to Ireland. Typically, it was the foggiest day of the year, and the view, well that was non-existent. However, AJ took it all in good humour, and was just happy to be back in his homeland. The 34-year-old actor has had a tumultuous few months, and is happy to be seeking solace in the place that he was born.

Last October, the 15th to be exact, he got the devastating news that his father had pancreatic cancer. On December 1, his dad passed away. "My dad was my best friend by far. He was such a huge influence on my life. And his death just happened so quickly. It was such a huge shock. The thing about pancreatic cancer is that you never really find out you have it until it is too late, and that, is very, very frustrating."

Despite the crippling loss that AJ tells me he is still feeling, he is determined to find ways to help other families avoid going through what he has experienced. "I find it very difficult to grasp that in this day and age there is no test to find out if you have pancreatic cancer. I was blown away when I hear that. It's diagnosed mostly by a process of elimination, or if you go to the doctor about something else and they just happen upon it."

This summer, AJ plans to return to Ireland to spread his dad's ashes while he cycles the coast of Ireland, something he plans to make an annual event. "The ride this summer I know is going to be a very personal thing, but I want it to be the beginning of a foundation that will raise money to help identify a person or a group that are searching for a test. If you know you have pancreatic cancer at an earlier stage, there are alternative routes you can take. I wish my dad had that chance. When your number is up, your number is up and that is the reality, but at least if there is a way to help or prolong life . . . so once a year I plan on coming here with as many recognisable faces, cycle around this beautiful country and do what we can to help find a test."

AJ lived in Donnybrook in Dublin until the age of six and clearly remembers running up and down alongside the Dodder as a child. "My imagination really began when I lived in Ireland. I had a fun childhood - it was simple. What I loved most was that there was always people calling around to the house and I've tried to keep that sense of staying in touch with people throughout my life. And I love the pace of life here. I love coming back, going to one pub and staying there for eight hours. We are content with conversation, which I think is sometimes lost with people who are always rushing around, looking for the next big thing. Then someone breaks out into song, or starts dancing and that richness is missing for sure in other parts of the world."

The Buckley family moved to Vancouver in Canada when AJ was six and while sport played a big part in AJ's early life - his dad was his soccer coach - he knew that acting was something he would always end up doing. "My mum has me on videotape when I was about seven saying I wanted to be an actress! My dad was like 'huh - here's a soccer ball son'. I started doing plays right after high school, although I think the teachers just graduated me to get me out of the school."

Hollywood beckoned, and AJ was quick to land on his feet; his first feature film and first paying job came in 1998, starring in teen sci-fi thriller Disturbing Behaviour alongside Katie Holmes and James Marsden. It should have been the launch pad he needed, but the offers did not come rolling in. "There have definitely been ups and downs in my career - that's for sure. There was a time I went through when I couldn't get any work and it was tough. You have to be careful at times like that because under the table jobs are very enticing, but you couldn't risk losing your working visa. It actually came to the stage that I was living in my car. That isn't an exaggeration - I had no money. And it wasn't because my friends or my family weren't there for me; I just decided I didn't want to take anything from anyone. I wanted to do this on my own and I had to find myself as a man. I wanted every dollar I made to be my own."

In fact, AJ went from having no money and no job in 2005, to being in demand for two CSI franchises. CSI: Miami offered him a part initially, but when CSI: NY heard this, they called his agent, asked him to pass on the job and to come and work with them. "When I arrived on set they handed me the script and I had four lines. I knew these were the most important four lines of my career to date, but because I knew everything was riding on it, I got very nervous and started mumbling and came over all jumpy. I couldn't control it because I needed the job so badly. But the writers actually loved it and from that day on they wrote the part of Adam Ross, the geeky lab tech as a bumbling, nervous science whizz."

While AJ may have what it takes to join one of the biggest TV franchises in the world, learning his character's scientific dialogue was a bit of a problem. "I had dyslexia as a kid and I still have trouble reading and writing. So it is a constant battle to deliver some of the jargon that Adam has to say. Sometimes I have to put the words in really big font on the computers on the set so I can see them during the scene, or have people hold them up on big boards for me. And then to make matters worse, my Irish-Canadian accent doesn't always help when they want me to sound American!"

We may be just now reaching the mid-point on Season eight of CSI: NY on RTÉ Two, but AJ wrapped filming in February, and he isn't very forthcoming about whether Adam, or the show itself, will be returning for a ninth season. "I don't know to be honest if it's time for the lights to go out, on the show or for me personally. But it has been one hell of a ride to get to this point and I will always be grateful to CSI for changing my life forever. When my dad died this year, they were very good to me and let me go home to be with him, so I am missing for a couple of episodes in season eight, but then I come back and I think it is time for the evolution of Adam. So if we return for a ninth season, I would really like to see him come out of the lab and come into his own. Give him a gun I say - he's good at this crime-fighting business!"

While CSI is on hiatus in the US, Adam has several things lined up. First off is this trip to Ireland with his girlfriend Abby to attend the IFTAs and to show her the street he grew up on. It's their first trip to his homeland together and he says she is very excited to see all the places from the photographs they have hanging in their home.

Next, he will start pre-production on a movie he is both starring in and producing. "I play the bad guy so I am growing my hair and beard, which Abby is not too happy about! It is such a departure from Adam. I love the drama and I love the dialogue-driven script."
Then of course he will be back in Ireland in the summer for his cycle trip in honour of his father. "I feel in a way I'll be bringing my dad home. He made me promise I would take this trip with or without him, so I am going to do this for him. And if we can bring something good from it, then all the better."

Suzanne Byrne

source: http://www.rte.ie/ten/2012/0308/buckleyaj.html
Contenu sponsorisé

MessageSujet: Re: Interviews   Interviews - Page 4 Empty

Interviews
Page 4 sur 4Aller à la page : Précédent  1, 2, 3, 4