Experts en Séries
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.

Site internet dédié aux séries !

AccueilAccueil  PortailPortail  RechercherRechercher  S'enregistrerS'enregistrer  ConnexionConnexion  
Le deal à ne pas rater :
Funko POP! Jumbo One Piece Kaido Dragon Form : où l’acheter ?
Voir le deal

Interviews

+15
popohoff
miss.
MADLEEN
s0-m0bby
GwenLuna
kick
anthony258
Lina
Girlie
giovinazzo
perlnoir
ash
Rach'Messer
Lindsay
enimrac
19 participants
Aller à la page : Précédent  1, 2, 3, 4  Suivant
AuteurMessage
Lindsay
Admin
Lindsay

Séries suivies : TVD, TWD, SVU, NCIS LA
Perso(s) Préféré(s) : Damon (TVD), Deeks, Kensi (NCIS LA), Danny, Mac, Lindsay (csi ny), Daryl, Rick (TWD), Barba, Olivia (SVU)

Interviews - Page 3 Empty
MessageSujet: Re: Interviews   Interviews - Page 3 EmptyMer 13 Mai - 11:08

Source : silive.com , via DLChem

Neptune Ball honoree Carmine Giovinazzo can act...and rock

by Ben Johnson/Staten Island AWE
Tuesday May 12, 2009, 4:42 PM

Citation :
The 26th Annual Neptune Ball, actor, musician, composer & Port Richmond native Carmine Dominick Giovinazzo (star of "CSI: NY" and frontman of the band Ceesau) recieves the 2009 Arts & Letters Award at the annual gala fund-raiser featuring dinner, dancing, spirits, raffles & "scenes from the greatest movie moments." Other honorees include: The law firm of Hughes Hubbard & Reed, LLP, real estate entrepreneur Monroe Klein, State Senator Diane Savino & Assembleyman Matthew Titone. 6:30 p.m., $275. SNUG HARBOR CULTURAL CENTER & BOTANICAL GARDEN, Music Hall & Great Hall, 1000 Richmond Terr., Livingston; 718-425-3509. Snug-Harbor.org.

STATEN ISLAND, NY-- Staten Island born actor Carmine Dominick Giovinazzo, a.k.a. "CSI: NY" forensic scientist and investigator Danny Messer, works a lot. For eight months at a time, the actor is filming episodes for the CBS show from dawn till dusk and beyond. But everybody's got a hobby outside of work, right? When the sun goes down, Messer goes into his basement to forge songs--something he's been doing since he moved from Mariner's Harbor to Los Angeles.
The handsome actor has tons of material, but the harder stuff has sprung up in the 90s-inspired alternative rock of quartet Ceesau, which takes influence from the heavy hook appeal of Nirvana, the guitar psychedelia of The Stooges and even some of the noise rock of Sonic Youth. Will he break some out at this year's Neptune Ball at Snug Harbor Cultural Center and Botanical Garden? Probably not. But Messer, --, who will receive the Arts and Letters Award for his all-around creative achievements at the annual arts bash, did chat with us a little bit about his band and growing up Staten in anticipation of his appearance at Snug Harbor.

Q: I was just enjoying listening to your band, happy to find yet another band or musician that is connected to Staten Island. You guys are described as "post-grunge" and "alternative rock" but it does seem like you're inspired by a lot of stuff from the 1990s.

A: Yeah, that's correct. But I'm all over the place. Punk rock, Henry Rollins and Iggy Pop, The Velvet Underground, but also The Pixies and Nirvana--that's I think what you're hearing, which I think is great. But it's funny how music is. We did this on a low budget, and it happened at a point when I just wanted to record some of my S---t. So I got together with this drummer (Michael Brasic), and we'd go to the rehearsal space and mess around. The lead guitar player, this young kid--I call the lead guitar player Johnny Passion (John Patrick Amedori) and the drummer Mikey Drums--it was pretty much the three of us rehearsing in our basement. It felt like it was a minute but it could have been the whole summer. We had 12 songs and narrowed them down. That's how the EP ("Era Of The Exposed") came about.

Q: I've read that acting wasn't something pre-meditated for you, like you sort of fell into it, and I know many in your family have served in the police force. Is the same true for you in terms of music? Is it something you'd like to do professionally or is it just an outlet?

A: For me it is both. It all does the same thing for me. Music is a little bit more personal because I can do it by myself. I know now how hard it is to just get three guys together, let alone 500 together to make a movie or a show. But you can control music to a certain extent. It all came out of an interest in making something from nothing, just creating. Growing up on Staten Island, and I don't know how much you know about it, I was listening to f---ing disco or whatever the hell you call it. I went through that phase in high school. I wasn't listening to the good stuff until later, I was kind of a beat late on it. In a weird way I also grew up on rap and Kiss, too. In a weird way don't really know how Staten Island's affected me, musically.

Q: You've been doing the "CSI" thing for a while (115 episodes). How do you feel about that? Obviously it's a huge thing to be doing a show like that.

A: I think it's helped us a lot, actually. Mikey Drums has been really good as far as keeping the Web site going and making the EP and whatnot. We're working on a new album, which is cool. We've got a few producers interested, and to be honest I haven't even tried to knock on some of the doors I can knock on yet. I've been so busy. We can't really play live, you know, because I'm really busy with the show, and the guitarist is doing his own thing as well with music and acting. It got to a point where I just had to say, you know, I'm not doing that right now. We're just rehearsing and playing, I have the rehearsal space in my house. And it's been going well--we've sold a decent amount of records for not one sign or ad or anything. We're selling records in Denmark, Japan. I want to get to that point where we're playing out and have a really good set of songs, but my current job really holds that up.

Q: Do you have any fears about doing this when you look at some of the other actors that have gone the same route and done not so well musically?

A: Haha, well fortunately I don't really think about that stuff, even with acting. I don't worry about the result, whether my stuff will be good, bad, this that or the other thing. When you're trying to act, you're trying to get a job. Even with music, for the EP well we picked 5 songs, well people don't know I have a thousand songs. Mikey Drums keeps me in focus on that stuff. He's like "dude, I feel good about playing with you because you don't really care about wearing cut off gloves and eyeliner or whatever.

Q: Haha was that a thinly-veiled dig at Jared Leto?

A: Hahah...Maybe it was. But his stuff's alright. He's in a great position where it makes it nice for him to do what he's doing, and there's nothing wrong with that. But Mike does bring that up. I'm really not trying to use it, which is something maybe I should do more to try and get a record deal or whatever. But it really is just about trying to make a good song.

Q: Are you pretty content just doing "CSI" or would you like to do more movie acting?

A: No I'd love to do more movie acting. This fortunately turned out to be something that's actually a lot better than half the movies you read these days, and it's a good job for so many reasons. I am working on other projects right now in my few months off. It also does help me work on the other things I've been doing for a long time--I mean Ceesau is just a word that I came up with using when I was at Wagner College.

Q: I was going to ask you about that. I hear that Ceesau is an idea that came out of growing up in a culturally diverse community.

A: That has always been a thing inside me that sort of bleeds into my daily life and the books of philosophy I've read. It's about balance, equality and universalism and the way the world ticks--I don't think people think about that very much. Well, now they do I guess, with the way the world has gone, with a black-and-white president, is exactly where Ceesau came from. Ceesau started out as a drawing with black and white stick figures sitting on a see-saw looking at each other from the same angle. That all started at Wagner with my roommate who I played baseball with.

Q: Did Staten Island strike you growing up as a culturally diverse place?

A: Yeah it did. Apparently it's what, like three quarters Italian? But where I grew up, my street was Italian, Puerto Rican, Black, the projects just around the corner. When I look at it now, I had these friends, and it was never a big deal. It was so normal to me, and then you go out into the world and you see how everything is so compartmentalized. Going back to Staten Island, initially I was like "ahh I'm glad I got out of there" but the last couple of years I really have realized it was a great place to grow up in so many respects. And the people are just real, for the most part, and I'm excited about coming home.

Q: Have you ever been to the Neptune Ball?

A: No I haven't. Do you know what it's like?

Q: I've never been either but I hear it's quite a party.
Revenir en haut Aller en bas
giovinazzo
If you want to walk, no matter how slowly you walk, I'll walk with you.
giovinazzo

Perso(s) Préféré(s) : Danny Messer

MessageSujet: Re: Interviews   Interviews - Page 3 EmptyMer 13 Mai - 11:10

Super merci Lindsay!!
Lindsay
Admin
Lindsay

Perso(s) Préféré(s) : Damon (TVD), Deeks, Kensi (NCIS LA), Danny, Mac, Lindsay (csi ny), Daryl, Rick (TWD), Barba, Olivia (SVU)

MessageSujet: Re: Interviews   Interviews - Page 3 EmptySam 23 Mai - 14:21

Source : site japonnais WOWOW, via DLChem

Interviews de tous les acteurs sur un site japonnais au sujet de la saison 4

http://www.wowow.co.jp/drama/csi/interview090509.html

Pour voir l'interview de Carmine, cliquer sur sa photo.

Par contre, le téléchargement des vidéos se fait très difficilement. Il y a un arrêt sur image toutes les 5 secondes. triste

Mon conseil : Démarrer la video, puis cliquer sur "pause". Attendez ensuite 10 à 15 minutes puis cliquer à nouveau sur "play". Normalement, la vidéo fonctionne mieux et ne s'arrête plus. yesssss

Attention pour ce qui suit :
ce n'est pas une traduction mais ce que je pense avoir compris en regardant la video ou en lisant des commentaires sur DLChem. Mais je ne suis pas certaine que ce que j'ai compris soit totalement juste. Il se peut que je me plante pour certains trucs. Si c'est le cas, n'hésitez pas à rectifier ou préciser certaines choses dans un post suivant. Wink

Carmine y parle du DL, du personnage de Danny, de ses point communs avec son personnages et de ses différences : carmine est nul en sciences ! lol!

Il parle aussi de ses lunettes qu'il laisse tomber dans la saison 5 et du fait qu'il adore tourner les scènes d'action. Malheureusement, à cause de sa blessure au dos, il se retrouve limité dans ce qu'il peut faire. Lui adore courir, sauter, etc. Il aimerait pouvoir faire tout lui-même mais son corps lui dit "stop" quand il a besoin d'une pause.
Lindsay
Admin
Lindsay

MessageSujet: Re: Interviews   Interviews - Page 3 EmptyMer 3 Fév - 2:34

Cette interview n'est pas récente puisqu' elle date de février 2007 mais Carmine est trop craquant bave , trop canon bave , trop sublimissime bave , trop tout quoi ! hot !!!

Et pui elle est lonnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnngue cette interview !!!! On a bien le temps de profiter bave bave bave

coeur coeur coeur coeur coeur coeur coeur

KO KO KO KO KO KO KO KO KO KO

Posted by Rachel - 05/02/10 at 06:02 pm sur talk

Penning the latest episode of CSI: New York, “Sangine Love”, is just the tip of the iceberg for series star Carmine Giovinazzo (Danny Messer).
Giovinazzo thought about writing an episode of New York for the past few years. “I finally just went for it,” the actor told Hollywood 411. The end result, “Sanguine Love”, focused on something that is popular right now: vampires. “It’s fascinating, the real vampirism that’s out there, or people that believe in it,” Giovinazzo continued. “It’s their religion and their way of life, so it’s a fun episode about that.”
However, the actor didn’t pen the episode around his own character. Costars Gary Sinise (Mac Taylor), Hill Harper (Dr Sheldon Hawkes) and Melina Kanakaredes (Stella Bonasera) had more to work with in the script. “I wrote a lot for Gary. He’s been really into it and curious how it’s going and really passionate about it, which is all I could ask for,” Giovinazzo said. “Hill’s been great, and Melina—I kinda tried to write me in as little as possible.”
Giovinazzo hopes to write more episodes for CSI: NY. He’s also hoping to try out a different role behind the scenes by directing an episode of the show. You can watch the video of Giovinazzo’s interview below:

L'écriture du dernier épisode de csi ny "sanguine love" n'est que la pointe de l'iceberg pour la série Star Carmine Giovinazzo (Danny Messer).
Giovinazzo pensait écrire un épisode de Csi New York au cours des dernières années. «J'ai enfin réalisé cela", a déclaré l'acteur à Hollywood 411. Le résultat final, «Sanguine Love», a porté sur quelque chose qui est populaire en ce moment: Les vampires. «C'est fascinant, le vampirisme réel qui est là dehors, ou de voir les gens qui y croient,» a poursuivi Giovinazzo. «C'est leur religion et leur mode de vie, donc c'était amusant d'écrire un épisode à ce sujet."
Toutefois, l'acteur n'a pas concentré sa plume sur son propre personnage. Mais plutôt pour Gary Sinise (Mac Taylor), Hill Harper (Dr Sheldon Hawkes) et Melina Kanakaredes (Stella Bonasera) avait plus a travailler avec dans ce script. «J'ai écrit beaucoup pour Gary. Il a été vraiment dedans et curieux de voir comment ça allait aboutir il était vraiment passionné par ce sujet, qui est tout ce que je pouvais demander, "Giovinazzo dit. "Hill qui est vraiment bien, et Mélina-a essayé de me pousser à écrire un peu plus pour moi».
Giovinazzo espère écrire plus d'épisodes pour CSI: NY. Il espère aussi s'essayer dans un rôle différent comme par exemple dans les coulisses et la direction d'un épisode de la série.
https://csi-ny.forumpro.fr
Lindsay
Admin
Lindsay

MessageSujet: Re: Interviews   Interviews - Page 3 EmptyVen 2 Avr - 22:10

Une interview très sympa de Carmine par AJ pour "Scene Magazine" !

Sources : Scene Magazine, via Talk

Interviews - Page 3 Interv11
zat
It is the quality of ones convictions that determines success" Remus Lupin
zat

Séries suivies : DW, NCIS LA, H 5-0, Arrow, Elementary, POI, Castle, TM, Downton Abbey, TBBT, HIMYM, Beauty and the beast, OUAT, Sherlock, WC, New Girl, Chicago Fire, Revolution
Perso(s) Préféré(s) : Mac, Mahone, Jane, O'Neill, Cal, Sherlock, Ten, Eleven, Rush, Castle, Tesla, Varro, McKay, Clark, Sheldon, Merlin, Reese, Miles, Casey, Severide

MessageSujet: Re: Interviews   Interviews - Page 3 EmptySam 3 Avr - 10:15

Merci pour l'interview Lindsay.
Carmine est vraiment cool dans ses propos. En plus, pour une fois, j'ai tout compris happy2
perlnoir
Looping accessoirement Admin.
perlnoir

Perso(s) Préféré(s) : Danny. Mac. et Jo

MessageSujet: Re: Interviews   Interviews - Page 3 EmptyMar 6 Avr - 10:14

Merci pour l'interview
Justine
"You're so brave in so many ways." ~ Stella to Lindsay [7x 01]
Justine

Perso(s) Préféré(s) : Lindsay ~ Danny ~ Don.

MessageSujet: Re: Interviews   Interviews - Page 3 EmptyMar 6 Avr - 12:02

Merchi pour l'interview qui est plus que sympa.
Lindsay
Admin
Lindsay

MessageSujet: Re: Interviews   Interviews - Page 3 EmptyLun 24 Mai - 9:28

Source : Today Online, via DLChem

Citation :
Wheelchairs, vampires and cops ... oh my!

CSI:NY's Carmine Giovinazzo has his hands full this season
by May Seah 05:55 AM May 24, 2010

FOR the sixth and latest season of CSI: NY, ?Carmine Giovinazzo got to sit down a lot on the job. But it was possibly harder work than usual.

The 37-year-old plays Danny Messer, who got hit in a bar shooting at the end of the last season, now finds himself confined to a wheelchair.

"It was really nice to be sitting down all the time," joked Giovinazzo over the phone from Los Angeles. "It was a really great acting challenge that I enjoyed very much. Needing help and not wanting to ask for help and being really vulnerable - it really opens up a process of me fighting my way to not give up and really try to work hard to get back to 100 per cent."

It was a situation that Giovinazzo personally recognised. The actor's dream of becoming a professional baseball player was dashed in his college days when he suffered a back injury.

"For the last 15 years, I've had a really bad spine," he said. "So, I could relate, especially when I was doing the physical therapy and trying to work back into getting help again."

To play the part convincingly, Giovinazzo practised with a wheelchair in his house for two weeks, and also spoke with a paraplegic.

"He was an ex-soldier in the war who was on set for a day or two. We talked a lot and he showed me how (a wheelchair) just becomes a part of them - really kind of smooth and swift and they move around really quick and easy with it. It's very difficult to get the perfect balance with it, but I kind of got it."

That's not all that's new this season. Giovinazzo has written a vampire-themed episode. "That was fantastic. It was a great experience and it just went really well," he said. "My brother-in-law, who is a cop in New York ... just happened to (have a true story) about this guy who dressed up as a vampire in Brooklyn. Kind of a schizophrenic, insane character. When I brought that to the producers, they really liked that."

But don't worry - it's CSI and definitely not Twilight, as Giovinazzo emphatically confirmed. "I definitely try not to have anything to do with that," he said. "I wouldn't try to have fun with vampires and get involved in the whole myth or legend. It was just kind of a realistic idea." May Seah

Catch the sixth season of ?CSI: NY starting tonight, Mondays at 10pm on AXN (StarHub TV Ch 511)

Source : NewStraitsTimes, via DLChem

Citation :

Showbiz: Chairbound Danny fighting fit

2010/05/23
NUR AQIDAH AZIZI

NUR AQIDAH AZIZI puts through a call to CSI: New York’s Carmine Giovinazzo and finds out the spicy details of the new season premiering tonight on AXN
IT’S hard not to think of Danny Messer, every time you look at Carmine Giovinazzo.

Giovinazzo has been playing Danny in the smash hit crime drama, CSI: New York for five consecutive seasons and perhaps it is only natural fans recognise and relate more to his character in the series.

But that is about to change in the sixth season of the series.

During a phone interview with the actor, Giovinazzo shed some light on the new season.

“A lot more heavy drama, action and conflicts.” I can’t exactly tell you what will happen in the new series, as then it won’t be a surprise!” he said, laughing. “Danny will also go through change involving professional and personal issues.

“Fans just have to stick with the new season to see what will happen next,” he adds.

Besides Giovinazzo, CSI: New York also stars Gary Sinise (Sergeant Mac Taylor), Melina Kanakaredes (Detective Stella Bonasera) and Anna Belknap (Detective Lindsay Monroe), among others.

The dramatic start to the new season has the team trying to deal with the death of Detective Jessica Angell (Emmanuelle Vaugier). With Mac determined to catch the murderer and coping with Danny’s temporary disability and a newborn, Season 6 promises to be a roller-coaster ride of emotions in a city that never sleeps.

CSI: New York’s sixth season premieres today over AXN (Astro Channel 701) at 10pm. It repeats tomorrow at 6.30pm and on May 30 at 1pm and 10pm.

On the phone with Giovinazzo:

Q: Can you tell us more about the new look of CSI: New York in the new season?
A: The new season is a good season for me and the whole team. As you know, during the last episode of season five, the CSI team was involved in a shooting scene at a bar where one of the team members was wounded.
Following the incident, I will be in a wheelchair for the new season. It’s kind of interesting and my role needs me to go to work and try to get myself back on my feet. Danny needs help but he doesn’t want to ask for it. He wants to fight and not give up. That’s the main thing.

Q: What was it like for you to be spending so much time in the wheelchair during the shooting?
A: Personally, it’s nice to be sitting all the time! (laughing). It was really a great acting challenge for me.
I enjoyed it very much although it was difficult during the early stage.
But I have been able to practise a bit with the wheelchair, since I got to keep it about a week or two before the shooting process started. I tried to understand the workings of the wheelchair.

Q: Was there any time in your life where you could relate to the situation that Danny’s in?
A: Yes. I used to play baseball when I was in college but I had to stop after I injured my back.
I went through the physical treatment and my back has not been able to function 100 per cent. So I find a good connection there, between Danny and myself, personally.

Q: Do you have a say on what’s going to happen to your role?
A: Yes, the director and I talk about it and discuss which way I want to go. That (discussing my role) is something that I have been wanting to do. We throw ideas on how to add changes, why, and how fast things are going to evolve.

Q: So, more conflicting issues will be featured in the new season?
A; Very much so. What is going to happen will leave you unsure. Old characters will be coming back for revenge and you don’t know what is going to happen.

Q: Some of your family members actually work with the New York Police Department (NYPD). Did you learn from them for your role in CSI?
A: Yes. Honestly, I have been surrounded by them since I was small and I am kind of familiar with the work and environment of the job.
At times, my brother and sister share with me their stories and it’s kind of helped me get ideas for the series.

Q: You wrote one of the episodes in the new season. Tell us more about it.
A: Yes, it was a fantastic experience for me. It turned out well and the director liked it. I was fortunate that I was able to work with the director for the episode.

Q: You picked vampires as the theme for the episode. Why?
A: It came to me after listening to my brother-in-law tell one of his many stories. When I talked about it, the production team liked the idea and so I started working on the storyline.

Q: But, CSI is not trying to be Twilight, is it?
A: No, definitely not (laughing). It is not trying to be and will not be. It has nothing to do with Twilight. I am just trying to have fun with vampires, myths, legends and all that.

Q: Will we be able to see more of your ideas featured in CSI in the future?
A: I think so. I might be writing more episodes. That’s my goal. I don’t want to just act, I want to write and perhaps one day, I will be directing it and being involved wholly in the production.

Q: What was it like to have a baby on the set of CSI?
A: It’s very, very, very difficult. They are always crying. You will see that in the episode. I personally think that babies are very complicated to work with. I believe they really don’t want to work in television (laughing).

Traduc en cours...
perlnoir
perlnoir

MessageSujet: Re: Interviews   Interviews - Page 3 EmptyLun 24 Mai - 11:31

Merci Linds pour les Interviews

Dommage qu'on a pas trop eut ce qu'on nous promettait sur le personnage de Danny et le DL.

Je sais pas trop ce qui s'est passé mais entre ce qu'on nous promettait et ce qu'on a eut, y'a eut un rand fossé.

J'espère qu'en saison 7 ont nous flouera pas encore.

Carmine est toujours aussi sympa
zat
It is the quality of ones convictions that determines success" Remus Lupin
zat

Séries suivies : DW, NCIS LA, H 5-0, Arrow, Elementary, POI, Castle, TM, Downton Abbey, TBBT, HIMYM, Beauty and the beast, OUAT, Sherlock, WC, New Girl, Chicago Fire, Revolution
Perso(s) Préféré(s) : Mac, Mahone, Jane, O'Neill, Cal, Sherlock, Ten, Eleven, Rush, Castle, Tesla, Varro, McKay, Clark, Sheldon, Merlin, Reese, Miles, Casey, Severide

MessageSujet: Re: Interviews   Interviews - Page 3 EmptyLun 24 Mai - 11:33

Merci pour les itw Linds', elle sont sympas calin
perlnoir
perlnoir

MessageSujet: Re: Interviews   Interviews - Page 3 EmptyMar 1 Juin - 17:53

Citation :
Reta Lee, MSN, 31/05/2010

Under the microscope: Carmine Giovinazzo

When we were first offered to interview Carmine, who plays CSI investigator Danny Messar in CSI: New York, we jumped at the opportunity and brushed up our investigative skills.

Courtesy of AXN

CSI: NY ended last season under a rain of explosive gunfire. A faceless gunman targeted the CSIs in their weakest moment: a memorial for the passing of Detective Angell (Emmanuelle Vaugier), brutally slain on the job by mercenaries. What more lies in store for the tragedy-struck team on CSI: NY, back on AXN for a 6th season?

As the dust settles in the opening of Season 6, key team member Danny Messer has been hit. Injured in his spine, Danny is suddenly faced with paralysis waist down. He is confined to a wheelchair and is faced with only 10% chance of recovery. Will his disability be too much for his new family - new-born baby Lucy and wife Lindsay Monroe (Anna Belknap)?

Fret no more as we got Carmine Giovinazzo, who plays CSI investigator Danny Messar on the show, to dish about his character development, playing sports and getting free flowers.

CSI: NY Season 6 is on AXN (ASTRO 701), every Monday at 10pm

Follow us on Twitter (twitter.com/msnbuzz) to get the latest celebrity gossip and exclusive interviewswith your favourite local and Hollywood celebrities.

Congrats on Season 6. We found out that your character is wheelchair-bound. So was that emotionally and physically challenging for you?

Yeah, there was a lot of work in the beginning to try and work out the wheelchair and knowing how to be in a wheelchair. The first four, five episodes were kinda intense, physically, especially the part where you have to find out who did it and whose fault it was. I had to work my way into physical therapy and trying to stay healthy - all that was pretty intense but it was great.

How did you prepare for your role?

I mean, I just work with the wheelchair literally like two weeks or so prior till we started shooting. I got myself a little grinnier and dirtier like I was out of it for a while and haven't been able to do the normal things I could do.

Did you try going out of the house in the wheelchair?

I just kept it in my house and everyday I'm in it - it's too complicated to take it out anywhere else - we didn't go that far. The neighbours kept sending me flowers: 'We're sorry for your accident' [laughs]

How similar are you to your character?

We're similar in ways like we both are from New York and I guess I have similar personality to him in terms of intensity and rebellious. But I definitely don't have much of a connection to him as far as understanding, being a scientist and being involved with that kind of perspective of being a detective.

We heard that your family members happen to be police officers too. Did you draw their experience for your show?

Yes, my father was a police officer and so were some family members in New York. So I kinda grew up around them. They don't specifically tell me anything but I kinda just use what I've known all these years and apply to the show.

Having been through six seasons, are you happy with your character's development?

I think if it's anything, I've gotten a whole lot of left and right turns, ups and downs, different relationships with different characters and different dynamics like having a wife and a baby. I couldn't ask for so much more [for my own personal character development]as they've been doing a lot of that in the beginning.

We actually love how your character Danny starts a new life with Anna Belknap's character. Did you play witness to her actual pregnancy symptoms like morning sickness and how did you deal with it off-screen and on-screen?

Well, when the baby's on set, it makes it a little easier because you know you kinda get into that mindset and feelings when the baby's there. The episodes are shot are so quickly one after the other that once we get the new script, we get that much time to decide what we were gonna do. It's always a surprise; we don't know where exactly the direction they're gonna take or how long they're going to talk about the relationship.

Were you very hands on with Anna's baby? Did that trigger your fatherly instincts?
Yeah, definitely. The last four, five episodes when the baby's involved, that did bring out something in me that's different.

Do you see yourself settling down with your own family anytime soon?

I hope so! You know, maybe in a couple of years, yeah.

Would you prefer a few kids or a football team of your own?

[Laughs] I think one or two will be good. I think I would want to have boys. If I have a daughter, I wouldn't want her to leave the house!

We understand you play music as well. How's that coming along since you're so busy with acting?

Last year till now, I managed to get involve with my music during my days off and it's kinda coming in and out in spurts. Right now, I have to say, it has really been about the acting.

But I'm also taking a break and starting to play music now. I'm always writing and try and see if I can get that going. Now's time to try and do that but before I know it, the break's over and I'm back to work, so it's all about the timing.

Do you do your own stunts on the show?

Although I have discussions with the stuntman, I really do my own stunts at the end because I've always been an athlete all my life and I'd be playing hockey or baseball.

You sound like a really laidback New York kinda guy. What's it like to hang out with you in a day?

Erm, I try to get healthy a little bit. I've got a lot of ailments; I've got a bad back, bruises and stuff. To be honest with you, I'm just involved with golf. So my day is pretty much watching films, write a bit, play golf - it's just pretty mellow.

What kind of films are you watching right now?

I saw a few documentaries the other day - lots of them actually. I'm kinda into history too. I watched a documentary on World War 2 and corruption - that kind of fun and optimistic stuff [laughs]. I would also watch a couple of TV series on box set. Yeah, but we do watch comedies; I should try to watch more of that too. We recently saw 'Date Night' and it was really good but I didn't really love it.

So who did you bring to watch 'Date Night'?

I brought a date.

Do we know her?

I don't think so! [laughs]

Could you describe yourself in five words.

Competitive, sporty, dirty, hungry and funny.

How about your character?

Smart, growing, tired, tired and tired!

You're pretty funny. Would you have any CSI pick-up lines for us?

No, I don't. I don't usually tell people that I'm on the show.

But what if someone recognises you on the street?

I tell them it's the wrong guy! I tell them that I'm an amateur golfer [laughs].

So are you jaded by Hollywood yet?

Well, I'm annoyed by it. I don't get too much of the paparazzi crap. I'm always incognito and I don't get too bothered by it.

Are you based in New York or LA and which do you prefer?

I'm based in both, actually. I've been majority in LA for the last ten years and I kinda prefer to get back to New York right now. But they're both amazing and completely different.

Let's say if we were to go on a date with you in New York, where would you take us?

I'd take you to a really good pizzeria at Staten Island [laughs]. The best slice of pizza you'll ever have!

source: http://entertainment.malaysia.msn.com/tv/article.aspx?cp-documentid=4120836
Justine
"You're so brave in so many ways." ~ Stella to Lindsay [7x 01]
Justine

Perso(s) Préféré(s) : Lindsay ~ Danny ~ Don.

MessageSujet: Re: Interviews   Interviews - Page 3 EmptyMar 1 Juin - 18:09

Pfiouuuuu !! Désolée Carmine, je n'ai pas vraiment le temps de te lire ! mdr
Mais merchiii Perl !!!!!!!!!!!! xcited
Lindsay
Admin
Lindsay

MessageSujet: Re: Interviews   Interviews - Page 3 EmptyMar 1 Juin - 19:53

Merci Perl respect2

Elle est géniale cette interview ! xcited

Il redit en grande partie la même chose que dans les précédentes , mais j'adore toujours autant quand il parle de son personnage ! Il semble d'ailleurs que Danny soit très fatigué. ptdr Pauvre chou calin
Ralala, j'aime ses réponses et son humour ! coeur coeur coeur
Lisa2105
"Truth or Happiness ... Never both"
Lisa2105

Perso(s) Préféré(s) : Jo, Mac

MessageSujet: Re: Interviews   Interviews - Page 3 EmptyMer 2 Juin - 23:11

Merci pour toutes ces interviews !!!!!!!!!!!
perlnoir
perlnoir

MessageSujet: Re: Interviews   Interviews - Page 3 EmptyVen 18 Juin - 21:15

Citation :
On the phone with ‘CSI New York’s’ Carmine Giovinazzo
By Pam Pastor
Philippine Daily Inquirer
DateFirst Posted 22:05:00 06/19/2010

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The crime show keeps the actor so busy that he doesn’t have time for music and art-but he’s not complaining
CSI NEW YORK” KEEPS actor Carmine Giovinazzo so busy that it leaves him no time for his two other passions—music and art. But he’s not complaining. “It’s good to have a steady job,” the actor who plays Danny Messer in the hit crime show said.

The show’s last few seasons have been extra interesting for Carmine’s character—with Danny marrying fellow CSI Lindsay Monroe and the couple having a baby. And things are bound to get crazier for Danny in season six.

“CSI New York’s” new season, which kicked off on AXN last month, reveals just how badly Danny was hurt after last season’s finale. He is now paralyzed from the waist down and is confined to a wheelchair with only a small chance of recovery.

Shooting scenes in a wheelchair did not faze Carmine. “It’s a challenge, and I like it,” he said.

This season has a lot in store for fans, Carmine said. They should especially watch out for the last two episodes. “They’re intense,” he said.

Super spoke to Carmine on the phone about New York, living with a family of cops and why he loves working with Gary Sinise.

How do you like dividing your time between Los Angeles and New York?

I like it, it’s black and white, it’s completely different. But I am more in Los Angeles than I am in New York.

You just finished shooting the sixth season, right?

Yeah, we’re done for probably almost three weeks now, two and a half weeks. The last couple of episodes were really really tough. We were doing a lot of intense scenes and a lot of action. We have a couple of guest stars that came back in the show and put us in a lot of crazy situations. It was a crazy finale.

You’ve been thrown a number of things in the past few seasons, how do you feel about that?

I think that it’s been like that for me from the beginning. I think without that I would have gone crazy at this point. Just doing the CSI stuff and straight science and the straight mystery all the time would have really gotten boring. Every time these things come up and they come up a lot, I’ve always been...fantastic.

How do you like the arcs that they’ve created for you?

This season was pretty good. It opens up great because I had to be in a wheelchair for the first quarter of the season and that was a challenge and that was really great and that was fun to do. And then it becomes quiet and then toward the end of the season, things become hectic again as we get into things with my wife and the baby. It’s good.

Did you ever expect that you’ll end up with a wife and a baby in the show?

No. I definitely did not. But I’m never surprised. It just seems that every year there’s something that comes up for my character in some way.

What are things like on set?

It’s definitely not grim at all on set. It’s very mellow except probably when I’m there (laughs). The people there are pretty...all the crew and everyone working on it have been there for a while, that we’re all casual with each other, very close with each other. I’m very close with the camera guys, I play music with one of the camera guys. Gary’s really mellow and to the point and Eddie and I have gotten close over the years so we manage to have fun. When I’m not doing something that’s being in a wheelchair or something serious, it’s work. It’s a grind.

We just started season six here in Asia and in this season, you wrote an episode with a vampire theme, right? Where did that idea come from?

It stems from my brother. He’s a cop and he had a few ideas, we both had ideas we were discussing. He had one that was about this guy who apparently vandalized and I believe killed a few people in Brooklyn and he would dress up as a vampire. He was obviously somebody who was out of his mind and who was a bit insane. When he mentioned that, I had kind of started writing my own story about vampirism and when I talked to the writers about it, they liked the vampire idea because it was popular and all that. I kinda ended up writing a different story but around the theme of vampirism.

Was writing tough?

Yeah, it was very difficult. I just spent a good two months really writing and prepping the show with the director, and everybody else involved—the set designer, wardrobe, the props, the cast. You get involved with the pre-production and once it started shooting, I was on set every day, for every scene, sitting behind the director, discussing and talking and making sure everything is the way I want it to go.

Do you want to do that again?

I do. I would like to do it again. I don’t know what the topic would be but I really want to move forward and direct an episode this coming season.

Other “CSI” actors have said that the hardest thing about their job is having to deal with death every day. How do you do it? What do you do to avoid being too affected by the things that go on on set?

I think that as long ago as the first and second season, that aspect of it has become fairly removed. At first, it was pretty intense dealing with all the blood but to be honest with you, you kind of get to the point where it’s not...I mean, there are certain episodes about something that’s pretty intense or pretty traumatic so you can get moved by it but, I don’t know, I’m pretty detached from that reality. It’s not really a big deal for me, to be honest with you.

Have you always been into forensics or did you just get into it because of the show?

The show is the one thing that has brought me into the world of science and biology and anatomy. I’m more of a mathematics-English guy. I’m not a science guy. I’m really stupid when it comes to... I’ve learned a lot about the body and blood and all of that. I’m always just being taught about that.

Is there an episode that haunted you for a while?

Not really. One that I’ve gotten hurt, maybe (laughs). I chipped my tooth in one episode but that was a while ago. It was an Irish mafia coming after us and me and AJ’s character were held hostage. That was an intense episode. The last two I just did for the end of season six took a lot out of me.

You’re a musician too, right? Do you still have time for your music?

Not as much this last season. But I do still plan on doing some more music, I’m trying to get another record done. That will probably happen in the next year.

You’re also an artist and you paint—do you still have time to do that?

That’s kind of in the same boat as the music, but I do draw a lot. I haven’t gotten into a lot of paintings, maybe one in the last couple of months.

You just finished season six and are on a break from filming. What are your plans?

I have about two months off. I’m going to New York and see my family and just relax and work on a couple of projects, a couple of things I’m writing, maybe work on a movie if I can fit it in.

What’s your favorite TV show? Do you watch TV?

I like CNN.

Do you watch the other “CSI” shows?

Not really, no. Sometimes when they’re on, I’ll have a couple of friends who are on, so I’ll watch it for a little while.

What do you love the most about being on “CSI?”

That I’m getting to do what I love every day, that I’m getting to act and that’s great. I think it’s a good place to be as far as people are concerned. It’s nice to have somewhere to go to every day. It’s nice to have a place to go, especially in this time. It’s good to have a steady job.

Is there a role that you’ve been wanting to do?

There are so many roles that I want to do. I’d like to do anything that Robert DeNiro did in the first 10 to 15 years of his career. I’d like to be in movies like John Cassavetes made. I like real life, real characters, character pieces.

You guys have guest stars occasionally on the show. Is there any actor that you’ve been wanting to work with?

There’s a lot of people that I can think of but I don’t know if they’ll ever come on “CSI New York”... I don’t know... I’m not sure... I really like Viggo Mortensen.

Cool. What’s it like working with Gary Sinise?

He’s great. Yeah, there you go, I really like to work with Gary Sinise, he’s my favorite guest star. I got him every day (laughs). He’s great. He’s easy, he’s straightforward, he’s the kind of actor your want to work with because he’s real, he’s simple, he doesn’t really have any personal choices—he’s just acting in the scene and nothing you can do is going to affect him in any way but a good way. That’s what’s great about him. There’s no bullsh*t. He’s not gonna worry that there’s too much of this or too much of that. He just rolls with it as an actor.

You come from a family of policemen. It must be interesting for them that you are on a cop show set in New York. Do you ever talk about it?

It was kind of like when I did “For Love of the Game,” a movie I did in 1999. My whole life was baseball. When I got that movie, that was kind of pretty unbelievable. When I got this role five years ago, it was kind of the same thing. It was just absolutely hilarious because my family knew I would never become a cop in real life.

So your sister and brother are both cops?

They retired already—my brother-in-law was a detective, a bodyguard, intelligence for the mayor of New York for eight years. My sister retired early to take care of the kids.

Do they ever talk about the cases on the show and whether stuff like that really happen?

My sister just gives me sh*t about the way Melena dresses—they would never dress like that (laughs). They would never show up to work dressed like that. It’s just silly stuff. They don’t really get too serious about it. I’m just doing my thing over here.

Watch out for “CSI Trilogy,” a three-hour “CSI” marathon on AXN, July 28, 9 p.m.

source: http://lifestyle.inquirer.net/super/super/view/20100619-276340/On-the-phone-with-CSI-New-Yorks-Carmine-Giovinazzo
Lisa2105
Lisa2105

MessageSujet: Re: Interviews   Interviews - Page 3 EmptyDim 20 Juin - 22:37

Merci pour cette interview Perl' calin
perlnoir
perlnoir

MessageSujet: Re: Interviews   Interviews - Page 3 EmptyMer 23 Juin - 7:50

Citation :
Giovinazzo: It’s A Good Place To Be

CSI: New York’s Carmine Giovinazzo (Danny Messer) enjoys coming to work and sinking his teeth into intense storylines for his character.

For Giovinazzo, being on New York is its own reward. The best part is “[t]hat I’m getting to do what I love every day, that I’m getting to act and that’s great,” he told Inquirer.net. “I think it’s a good place to be as far as people are concerned. It’s nice to have somewhere to go to every day. It’s nice to have a place to go, especially in this time. It’s good to have a steady job.”

Despite being surrounded by death on a regular basis, Giovinazzo isn’t affected by the gruesome nature of the series. “I think that as long ago as the first and second season, that aspect of it has become fairly removed,” the actor explained. “At first, it was pretty intense dealing with all the blood but to be honest with you, you kind of get to the point where it’s not…I mean, there are certain episodes about something that’s pretty intense or pretty traumatic so you can get moved by it but, I don’t know, I’m pretty detached from that reality. It’s not really a big deal for me, to be honest with you.”

The CSI: NY set is anything but dark and depressing, he revealed. “It’s definitely not grim at all on set. It’s very mellow except probably when I’m there,” Giovinazzo said with a laugh. “The people there are pretty…all the crew and everyone working on it have been there for a while, that we’re all casual with each other, very close with each other. I’m very close with the camera guys, I play music with one of the camera guys. Gary[ Sinise, Mac Taylor]’s really mellow and to the point and Eddie [Cahill, Don Flack] and I have gotten close over the years so we manage to have fun. When I’m not doing something that’s being in a wheelchair or something serious, it’s work. It’s a grind.”

The shooting that left Danny in a wheelchair at the start of season six was one of several big storylines the character has dealt with recently—and Giovinazzo doesn’t mind that at all. “I think that it’s been like that for me from the beginning,” he said. “I think without that I would have gone crazy at this point. Just doing the CSI stuff and straight science and the straight mystery all the time would have really gotten boring. Every time these things come up and they come up a lot, I’ve always been…fantastic.”

During season six, Giovinazzo penned his first episode, “Sanguine Love”. “It stems from my brother,” the actor explained. “He’s a cop and he had a few ideas, we both had ideas we were discussing. He had one that was about this guy who apparently vandalized and I believe killed a few people in Brooklyn and he would dress up as a vampire. He was obviously somebody who was out of his mind and who was a bit insane. When he mentioned that, I had kind of started writing my own story about vampirism and when I talked to the writers about it, they liked the vampire idea because it was popular and all that. I kinda ended up writing a different story but around the theme of vampirism.”

Writing an episode wasn’t easy. “Yeah, it was very difficult,” he added. “I just spent a good two months really writing and prepping the show with the director, and everybody else involved—the set designer, wardrobe, the props, the cast. You get involved with the pre-production and once it started shooting, I was on set every day, for every scene, sitting behind the director, discussing and talking and making sure everything is the way I want it to go.”

Despite the difficulties, Giovinazzo really enjoyed being a writer for the show. “I would like to do it again,” he said. “I don’t know what the topic would be but I really want to move forward and direct an episode this coming season.”

Source: Inquirer.net.

Je ne vais pas traduire le mot à mot, je vais même faire plutôt un résumé mdr!

Carmine nous parle de son personnage notamment du fait qu'il l'aime. Il dit qu'il est très détaché de son rôle et des scènes qu'il joue. Quand il rentre dans son rôle, il est dans son personnage et une fois la scène terminée, il n'est plus le personnage. Même si la scène est sombre, une fois terminée, elle est terminé, elle ne l'habitera pas ou ne le tourmentera pas, en gros mdr.

Il parle aussi de l'épisode 14, Sanguine love et comment lui est venue l'idée d'écrire sur ce thème. En fait, l'idée lui est venue lorsque son frère lui a raconté une affaire dans laquelle il avait travaillé. Un homme bien barré s'habillait en vampire et tuait des personnes à Brooklyn. Durant deux mois Carmine a travaillé sur son scénario avec la complicité de son frère et en étroite collaboration avec tout le staff.

Il dit avoir suivi chaque étape de l'avancement de cet épisode et qu'il compte bien en refaire un autre la saison prochaine.

Il parle aussi du fait qu'il adore son travail et qu'il est heureux d'en avoir un, surtout au jour d'aujourd'hui avec tout ce qui se passe dans l'industrie de la TV. Un boulot fixe c'est devenu une denrée rare alors travailler avec des types comme Gary, Eddie avec qui il a beaucoup d'affinités, c'est que du bonheur.

Il dit s'entendre aussi super bien avec les hommes de l’ombre, qu'il joue de la musique avec un des caméramans, bref, c'est une grande famille.

Je crois avoir fait le tour, si une veut ajouter quelque chose, faut pas hésiter, ce n'est là qu'un résumé.
Lisa2105
Lisa2105

MessageSujet: Re: Interviews   Interviews - Page 3 EmptyMer 23 Juin - 10:25

Merci Perl pour cette interview
Et pour ce resume !!!!!! calin
Lily~